- Kapama is proud to introduce the new Villas to Southern Camp. These 85 m2 Villas have their own private lap pool, inside and outside showers, large minibar, espresso machines and a romantic fireplace open to the bath and bedroom.
- Kapama Wellness Centre is available at Kapama River Lodge.
- Guests enjoy two game drives daily with experienced and qualified ranger and tracker teams.
- Transfers from Hoedspruit/Eastgate Airport to the Lodge return are free of charge for scheduled flights.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolMain area pool & private plunge pools in Villas
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes (Low Risk Area)
LocationKapama Private Game Reserve
5.5 hour drive from Johannesburg or scheduled flight from Johannesburg/Cape Town into Hoedspruit Airport.
Transfers from Hoedspruit/Eastgate Airport to the Lodge return are free of charge for scheduled flights.
3 Family Villas
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Conservation Levy of R 200 per person per night applies and will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- Family Villa: Of the 10 Villas, 3 have a second bedroom which can accommodate two children under the age of 12 years or one additional adult.
- Children under 2 years stay free of charge in a Villa.
- Children under the age of 12 years, sharing with two adults, will pay 50% of the per person rate.
- Please note children under the age of 6 years will not be permitted on game drives. Where possible a kiddie’s safari will be arranged between normal safari times.
- Babysitting can be arranged at the lodge at an additional charge.
- Children between the ages of 6 & 12 years are permitted on drives at the sole discretion of the manager or guide.
About Kapama Southern Camp
Kapama Southern Camp is situated in the newly acquired southern most section of Kapama Private Game Reserve previously known as Hongonyi, Kapama Southern Camp offers guests an affordable safari experience and guests enjoy basic luxury accommodation accompanied by warm hospitality and friendly service.
Guests enjoy quality traditional meals served buffet style. Breakfast and lunch are served in the dining room with dinner served in the open air boma around an open fire (weather permitting).
Guests enjoy two game drives daily with experienced and qualified ranger and tracker teams. The game drives are conducted within the Big 5 Kapama Game Reserve ensuring guests have a superb safari experience.
About Kapama Game Reserve
Kapama Private Game Reserve is situated in the Limpopo Province and was proclaimed a private nature reserve in December 1993. Covering approximately 13 000 hectares of prime big game territory, Kapama Private Game Reserve has succeeded in combining the wilderness of the bush with the comforts of five-star hospitality and facilities.
The name comes from Kapama, a Swazi king, whose tribe inhabited and hunted the northern Drakensberg mountain region around Mariepskop back in the 1880s. A game relocation programme was introduced and the reserve now supports a wide variety of game including elephant, buffalo, rhinoceros, and large populations of giraffe, impala, blue wildebeest and kudu. Predators include lion, leopard, cheetah, spotted hyena and many smaller species.
- Hot air ballooning
- Elephant back safari
- Romantic sleep out
- Family safari
Directions from Johannesburg
- Take either the N12 or the N4 from Johannesburg to Witbank and Middelburg. Turn onto the R540 towards Belfast, Dullstroom and Lydenburg. Dullstroom is set on the highveld and is an ideal point for exploring the region. The village has a quaint old-world atmosphere and is famous for its trout fishing. This is an ideal halfway stop on the way to Kapama Private Game Reserve. From Lydenburg proceed on the R36 to Orighstad, through the Strydom Tunnel to Hoedspruit.
- This scenic drive through Mpumalanga has awesome landscapes and unforgettable views. Drive up the mountain passes onto the escarpment and look down onto the wonders of the lowveld. At the Strydom Tunnel there are a number of stalls selling ethnic curios from the area.
- At Hoedspruit, take the R40 to Klaserie.
- For Kapama Southern Camp, continue on the R40 and turn left at the Eastgate Airport turn-off and continue for 15 km. Turn right at the Guernsey turn-off and continue on the gravel road for another 10 km. The Kapama Southern Camp entrance will be on your left-hand side.