Kichaka Game Lodge
- 5 star lodge on Big 5 game reserve.
- Personalised friendly service.
- Exquisite cuisine accompanied by selected wines.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes (for Big 5 Sightings only)
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyNo children under 14 years
- PoolYes - Private Plunge Pool (not heated)
- SPATreatment Room
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationClose to Grahamstown, Eastern Cape
An easy 110km drive up the N2 from Port Elizabeth airport 30km from Grahamstown.
7 Bush Facing Suites
3 Water Facing Suites
All suites have private plunge pools
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
IMPORTANT NOTICE: KICHAKA LUXURY GAME LODGE’S RENOVATIONS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED, HOWEVER, THEY ARE STILL CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A Conservation Levy of R 125 per person per night applies for all bookings. Subject to change and to be settled at the lodge direct.
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person rate for single accommodation.
- Regret no children under the age of 14 years are allowed at Kichaka.
- Children 14 years old or over are charged the full adult rate.
About Kichaka Game Lodge
Kichaka Lodge is ideally situated just over one hour from Port Elizabeth airport. Guests can land at the airport, enjoy a comfortable drive in luxury transfer and within the hour be relaxing, cocktail in hand, overlooking the magnificent Eastern Cape bush and Big 5 game.
The main lodge is constructed in stone and thatch which blends seamlessly with the surrounding landscape. It overlooks a large water hole popular with hippo, giraffe, elephant and countless other game.
The lounge and dining areas have been constructed so as to give the best possible aspect over unspoilt bush, large terraces stretch over the waterhole and provide a magnificent viewing deck. The terrace also extends into a small island creating an enchanting outdoor dining area.
You can even relax and enjoy a swim with the hippos in our rim-flow pool adjacent to the waterhole or just enjoy sun, cocktails and glorious views on the large pool terrace.
Should you need to fit in some work during your stay or wish to utilise Kichaka’s conference offering, ample facilities are available. Their office area provides, PC, internet access, fax and scanner facilities to all guests. Above the lounge is a library and meeting room which overlooks the waterhole, this room provides a quiet place to curl up with your favourite book and can double as a comfortable, fully catered meeting room.
They will make sure that you do not miss your favourite sporting events which you can view from their cosy lodge bar with feature stone fireplace.
The wine lover is well catered for at Kichaka Lodge, their large wine cellar offers a range of premier wines, selected by their specialist wine cellar management team. The immediate camp area is secured by discreet electric fencing to ensure safety of guests and to deter elephants from destroying the trees. Being uniquely protected in this manner, Kichaka guests are able to take advantage or the opportunity to walk freely around the camp and enjoy the local flora and birdlife.
Special attention has been paid to making sure that the guests enjoy an outstanding level of comfort and luxury during their stay. In keeping with this philosophy each of the 10 exclusive suites at Kichaka lodge have been built to provide every amenity, attention to detail ensures unrivalled levels of sumptuous opulence.
Each unique suite is named after the indigenous bush that surrounds it. They are built of stone and thatch and situated in secluded settings ensuring total privacy and a real sense of space. The suites are connected to the main lodge by walkways which wind through the bush.
Special care has been taken to ensure spectacular views from the lounge, bedroom and bathroom of each unit. Each suite has a lounge area with large glass sliding doors on two sides which open wide, making these rooms part of the surrounding bush. Each suite boast a large viewing deck and private heated plunge pool. Every amenity is provided from the fully-stocked bar fridge, telephone and free internet access to 24 hour room service. State of the art air-conditioning and underfloor heating provide year round comfort. All bathrooms have both shower and bath facilities.
Kichaka offers 5 star cuisine and impeccable personal service. They offer their guests the choice of private dining in your suite, enjoying your meals in the main lodge dining room, outdoor dining at one of the specially designed outdoor dining areas or perhaps in the library. They take pride in offering a personal and flexible service ensuring that your dining experiences with them are perfectly suited to satisfy your individual tastes.
Their selection of fine wines is extensive and well rounded. Wines as selected by their expert wine cellar managers.
Experienced rangers maximise every opportunity to ensure exceptional viewing during your game drive on this established 7,500 hectare game reserve in the malaria-free Eastern Cape. Excellent sightings of lion, elephant, rhino and buffalo, as well as cheetah, hippo, giraffe, hyena, zebra, warthog and numerous species of antelope are enjoyed on game drives across the open plains of the reserve.
With little or no light pollution, a night game drive at Kichaka is an opportunity to “hear the silence of Africa”, star gaze in wonder at the Southern Hemisphere’s Milky Way and identify Orion’s Belt, The Southern Cross and Scorpio with the guidance of their experienced rangers. Arrange a Cosmic Safari with your ranger, and view the wonders of space with their high powered telescope. On a night drive – the elusive aardvark, aardwolf and other nocturnal game is often seen.
Large herds of plains game, including eland, gemsbok, springbok, wildebeest and zebra among others, are enjoyed on this reserve which boasts diverse vegetation including 5 biomes: savanna grassland, valley bushveld, fynbos, riverine forest and acacia woodland. Hippo regularly reside in the waterhole at Kichaka and sightings can be enjoyed from the convenience of the viewing deck.
- Air conditioning
- Guided walks and self-guided walks
- Under floor heating
- Private plunge pools
- Hairdryers & mini bars in all rooms
- Percale Cotton linen
- All rooms have outdoor showers, rim flow pools and pool loungers
From Port Elizabeth (probably the easiest to fly in and drive up)
- Leave the airport turn left at the traffic circle
- Continue over the railway line and turn right at the traffic lights (Heugh Rd)
- Turn left and follow the N2 towards Grahamstown for +- 100 km
- Turn left at the Kichaka sign
- Continue 3,5 km on the gravel road
- You will arrive at the Kichaka Lodge gate on your left
- Proceed up the road to the reception area where you will be met by Kichaka Staff