- Exclusive-use Villa in a malaria free, Big 5 Private Game Reserve in the Waterberg, Limpopo.
- Kingfisher Villa has a sophisticated style appealing to discerning small groups and family explorers, ideal for up to 10 guests.
- Private chef, butler, housekeeping staff and a private safari team who take care of the outdoor pursuits.
- Enjoy the cosy fireplace overlooking the Mmvubu dam, elegant dinners in the Kingfisher dining room, stylish bar and outdoor terraces offering stunning views of the landscape.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- Wheelchair FriendlyNo
LocationMabula Private Game Reserve, Waterberg Region
212 km from Johannesburg (approximately 2 hours)
5 Luxury Suites accommodating a maximum of 10 guests
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Prices are valid for SA Residents only. Special Discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A Conservation Levy of R 360 per vehicle per stay applies which will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
- Rates are quoted per night and based on:
- Up to 6 guests sharing per night and
- From 7 to 10 guests sharing per night.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Kingfisher Villa.
- Children of all ages are welcome on safaris.
- Children under the ages of 6 years will not be allowed at the big cats due to safety.
About Kingfisher Villa
Exquisite, exclusive use villa offers pure indulgence. Eco-luxury safari in the Waterberg region, Kingfisher Villa has a sophisticated style appealing to decerning small groups or family explorers. The Villa is appointed with formal lounge, living and dining room areas, expansive swimming pool deck, chef’s kitchen, 5 sumptuous private waterside suites.
- Contain LCD smart flat-screen television
- En-suite bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Tea/coffee making facility
- Charlotte Rhys amenities
- Private chef, butler host and housekeeping staff
- Private safari vehicle and guide
- Rim-flow swimming pool overlooking the dam
- Living and dining room areas
- Outdoor dining area
- Wellness treatments
About Mabula Game Reserve
The greater Mabula Private Game Reserve is 12500 ha which equates to 125 square kilometres. The reserve is split by a service road to the South and West which creates three separate sections of the Mabula Private Game Reserve. In the South there is the Madjuma section which is about 3500 ha and is host to a phenomenal pride of Lion. This section of the reserve carries all species with the exception of Elephant, Cheetah, Wild dog and Buffalo. Guests cross through a tunnel under the service road to connect between the two sections of the reserve. The Northern territories carry all species with the exception of Lion which has allowed the reintroduction of Cheetah into this reserve. The cheetah are thriving and the birth of four cubs in January 2015 was welcomed as it hailed the first free roaming cheetah in this area in almost fifty years.
- Eco adventure safaris (quad bike and horseback safaris) must be pre-booked
- Guided bush walks available on request, must be pre-booked
- Conservation experiences subject to capacity, such as rhino notching, lion, wild dog, cheetah collaring or veterinary treatments
- Star gazing
- Ground hornbill experience
- Hot balloon safaris, must be pre-booked
- Take N1 freeway towards Pretoria following the directions to Polokwane. Take the Bela Bela / Settlers off ramp. (Exit 238).
- Turn left at yield sign and proceed for 5kms to T junction Turn right into town.
- Go over bridge and turn left at the garage. Follow Thabazimbi road.(R516)
- Follow road down to the traffic circle. At circle turn left on the Thabazimbi / Rooiberg road and proceed along for 36kms.
- Turn right on Rooiberg tarred road. (Road D2533). Follow Mabula signs for 11kms to Mabula gate.