- Unique Experience of the Kruger, suspended over the Sabie River.
- One of the most anticipated and exciting new offerings coming to the iconic Kruger National Park, South Africa. A perfect combination of Africa’s most breathtaking natural splendours with well-deserved luxuries aboard a newly refurbished train that’s reminiscent of African excellence.
- Permanently stationed in Skukuza on the historically-rich Selati Bridge above the Sabie River, Kruger Shalati will offer the most unique luxury accommodation in a re-envisioned train.
- Offering 31 rooms, consisting of 24 train carriage rooms all of which will provide a deeply visceral experience, tailored for immersive comfort.
- The glass-walled, large train rooms allow for infinite views along the length of the majestic Sabie River.
- High above the riverbanks, aligned with the floor level of the train, will lie our bespoke deck with pool, offering a swimming experience unlike any other – with crocodile, hippos, buffalos and elephants greeting guests meters below – a vista unlike any other!
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyNo children under 12 years allowed at Kruger Shalati Train on the Bridge.
- SPAIn Room Treatments
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationSelati Bridge, near Skukuza, Kruger National Park, South Africa
5 – 6 hours drive from Johannesburg
10 minutes drive from Skukuza Airport
Daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg or Cape Town to Skukuza Airport
24 x Rooms at The Train on the Bridge
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed above are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates exclude a 1% community levy (1% of total accommodation cost) to be prepaid and will be added to the invoice at the time of booking. Subject to change and valid until further notice.
- Rates exclude Kruger National Park Entrance fees, as well as a Conservation fee of R 105 per person, payable directly at the lodge and subject to change.
- Single accommodation rates are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote.
- No children under 12 years allowed at The Train on the Bridge.
- Children over the age of 12 years pay the full adult rate.
About Kruger Shalati – Train On The Bridge
Kruger Shalati: A perfect combination of Africa’s most breathtaking natural splendours with well-deserved luxuries aboard a newly refurbished train that’s reminiscent of African excellence.
Permanently stationed on the historically-rich Selati Bridge above the Sabie River, Kruger Shalati will offer the most unique luxury accommodation in a re-envisioned train which will pay homage to the guests who explored the park nearly 100 years ago while welcoming new explorers from near and far. The train celebrates where the first visits to the iconic park were allowed in the early 1920s, the train would park overnight in the exact spot where Kruger Shalati will be positioned.
Offering 31 rooms, consisting of 24 carriage rooms, all of which will provide a deeply visceral experience, tailored for immersive comfort. Whether you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind adventure, an enthralling break or to simply immerse yourself in earth’s finest creations, Kruger Shalati looks forward to welcoming you on a journey of discovery with nature in the most extraordinary way imaginable.
Immersing guests in the comfort of an Afro-chic boutique hotel experience, the train itself will offer 24 en-suite rooms able to sleep 48 guests, with another 7 rooms in adjacent Kruger Shalati Bridge House accommodating 14 beds on land next to the bridge. All rooms will offer guests a high-star rating luxury experience, and will be accompanied by fine dining and other leisure experiences on site.
The glass-walled, large train rooms allow for infinite views along the length of the majestic Sabie River while the style of the train is a celebration of African design in collaboration with local art and crafting skills. High above the riverbanks, aligned with the floor level of the train, will lie our bespoke deck with pool, offering a swimming experience unlike any other – with crocodile, hippos, buffalos and elephants greeting guests meters below – a vista unlike any other! Thought-provoking, unique design is core to our offering, but the holistic experience is centred around our human-ness, our cultural nuances, the people involved in the making of every element, and ultimately the kindness with which we receive our guests.
ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION
Accommodation comprises of 24 Train Rooms complete with King size beds, ensuite bathrooms with both bath & showers as well as separate enclosed toilet.
- Super king beds – can be set up in 2 x ¾ twin configuration.
- Luxurious bath and shower
- Mini bar
- Electronic Safe in each room
- Lounge area
- Train on the bridge has Juliet balconies
About The Kruger National Park
Based in the heart of the iconic Kruger National Park, where nearly 2 million hectares of unrivaled diversity of life forms fuses with historical and archaeological sights – this is real Africa. The world-renowned Kruger National Park offers a wildlife experience that ranks with the best in Africa. Kruger Shalati – the train on the bridge is situated just outside Skukuza rest camp, the hub of activity in the Kruger Park.
We recommend comfortable and relaxed clothing, keeping in mind that Skukuza is warm year-round, a jersey for winter evenings, sunhat and sunglasses advisable.
Comfortable shoes advisable, hiking boots recommended if guests plan on going on a walking safari.
- Game drives
- Spa (outsourced)
- Golf (outsourced)
FROM JOHANNESBURG / PRETORIA
Take the N12 / N4 highway towards Witbank / Emalahleni. Stay on this road and follow signs to Nelspruit.
Take the R40 through Nelspruit, White River and onto Hazyview.
At Hazyview turn right onto the R536 and travel for +-45 kms towards Paul Kruger Gate, Kruger National Park.
Once through the gate, drive straight on the H11 for approximately 12 kms.
You will reach a four-way crossing: proceed straight across for another 2 kms until you reach a T-junction.
Turn left at this junction and continue for approximately 1 km until you reach another four-way crossing.
Go straight over this crossing towards the Skukuza day visitors area and follow the sign posts for Kruger Shalati.