- Kuzuko Lodge rests on a hill overlooking the Kaboega plains and Winterberg Mountains. Offering guests awe-inspiring views of a big five game reserve in the Eastern Cape, a watering hole and the plains of the African Klein Karoo.
- Each chalet offers guests a secluded balcony, an en suite bathroom with bath and walk in shower, a hairdryer, direct dialling telephones, wi-fi, international adaptors, an electronic safe, air conditioning, television with a variety of digital satellite channels, a mini bar and tea and coffee making facilities.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes (for Big 5 Sightings only)
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationOlivenfontein Farm, Kommadagga. Bordering the Greater Addo Elephant Park, Eastern Cape.
Approximately 2 hours drive from Port Elizabeth (170kms)
21 x Family Chalets
3 x Wheelchair Accessible Chalets
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
PLEASE NOTE: SPECIAL OFFER RATES ABOVE APPLY TO SA RESIDENTS ONLY.
BEST AVAILABLE RATES WILL APPLY DURING SPECIAL TOWN EVENTS, PEAK PERIODS, PUBLIC HOLIDAYS & LONG WEEKENDS.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Conservation Levy is not included in the rate & payable upon arrival at Kuzuko Lodge: (subject to change)
- R 100 per person per night (13 years and older) & R50 per child per night (0-12 years) , including VAT.
- Only by contributing to conservation, can funds be raised to help conserve and maintain the park.
- Single rates are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for a quote.
- KUZUKO LODGE: Children aged 0-2 years will be accommodated free of charge on full board basis if sharing with one or two adults.
- From 01 January 2021 to 31 August 2021:
- Children aged 3-6 years will be accommodated free of charge on a bed only basis when sharing with one or two adults and will be charged R 495 per child per day for all meals and two activities, if sharing with one or two adults.
- Children aged 7-12 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged R 970 per child per day for all meals and two activities, if sharing with one or two adults.
- Children aged 13-17 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged R 1940 per child per day for all meals and two activities, if sharing with one or two adults. Children occupying their own rooms will be charged the full adult rate.
- From 01 September 2021 to 31 December 2021:
- Children aged 3-6 years will be accommodated free of charge on a bed only basis when sharing with one or two adults and will be charged R 540 per child per day for all meals and two activities, if sharing with one or two adults.
- Children aged 7-12 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged R 1050 per child per day for all meals and two activities, if sharing with one or two adults.
- Children aged 13-17 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged R 2100 per child per day for all meals and two activities, if sharing with one or two adults. Children occupying their own rooms will be charged the full adult rate.
- No children under 6 years old allowed on Game Drives.
- Children’s Activity Programs:
- Fun in the Sun pack – Includes all tools needed to make the most of all the activities on offer. Bag, hat, sun block, insect repellent and one of the below mentioned activities included.
- Wilderness Ramble – Let’s get up close and personal with all the local goggas, Jurassic descendants and other interesting visitors and plants around the lodge. All sorts of treasures to be collected for fun art activities afterwards. Ages 5 to 10 years.
- Do it like the Khoisan Kids did it – Experience the Karoo the Bushmen way. Explore nature and the remnants of caves and Khoisan painting gallery. Memorise the paintings to be redrawn using your paint brush made from a local plant on return to the lodge. Minimum of 4 children. Ages 8 to 14 years.
- Kids on Safari – Explore our big five reserve on a private kids safari, learning about the big and the small five and all the other critters living out there. Minimum of 6 children. Ages 6 to 15 years.
- Tiny Todds – Colouring, puzzles, games and fun activities on offer in a secure environment. Up to the age of 5 years.
- Please Note, all activities need to be pre-booked and all outdoor activities are weather dependent.
About Kuzuko Lodge
Also known as the “Place of Glory”, Kuzuko Lodge is built high upon a hill in a private section of the northern part of the malaria-free Addo Elephant National Park. It is here where breathtaking views, from your private veranda, are complemented by luxurious chalets and warm, attentive service. Spectacular cosmic safaris, day and night game drives, bird watching and nature walks are offered.
- Private Deck
- En-suite bathroom
- Separate walk in shower
- Mini Bar
- Coffee and Tea Facilities
- Data Cable point with cables available
About Greater Addo Region
The Addo Elephant Park was proclaimed in 1931, as a safeguard for the last 11 wild elephants roaming the area. It is now home to over 350 elephants and numerous other species. Addo Elephant Park was so successful that it started to become overcrowded, so surrounding land needed to be acquired. With local co-operation, adjacent farms were purchased and the new Greater Addo National Park will soon cover 492 000 hectares. This park will be one of the few places on earth containing the ‘Big 7’; elephants, lions, buffaloes, leopards, rhinos, whales and great white sharks!
- Day & Night Game Drives
- Nature Walks
- Cosmic Safari
- Cheetah Tracking Drives and Walks
- Khoisan Cave Walks
- Cosmic Safaris
- 4×4 Route
DIRECTIONS FROM PORT ELIZABETH TO KUZUKO LODGE
• From the airport, take the N2 towards Grahamstown
• Continue for approximately 60km until the road forks, carry straight on along the N10
• DO NOT take the left split for the N2, continue with the N10 past the Nanaga Farm Stall turn off
• After 21km you will find a green sign board marked Paterson / Addo Elephant National Park (do not turn here) continue along the N10 for a further 40 km passing over the Olifantskop Mountain Pass
• Once through the mountain pass you will find a green sign board stating Ann’s Villa. Continue past it for a further 10 km
• Turn Left on a gravel road at the green sign reading (R400) Jansenville / Riebeeckstad & Grahamstown
• There is a Kuzuko Lodge sign on the side of the white building on the corner as well as a brown Kuzuko Lodge sign board in the mouth of the turn. Follow the R400 gravel road for 25 km to the T-Junction
• Turn right at the white sign board stating Kuzuko Lodge 23 km
• Keep left as the road forks following the brown Kuzuko Lodge sign boards
• Continue for approximately 12km and turn left at the brown sign board stating Kuzuko Lodge 11 km
• After 11km you will come to the Kuzuko Lodge Reception building. This is a white Cape style building used as a welcome & educational centre
• Proceed to park your car undercover. Our game rangers are waiting here to whisk you off to our 5 star lodge
A normal smaller car is fine on the gravel road, however we would suggest a vehicle that is not too low
Please drive cautiously