- Family Friendly Bush Lodge offering BIG 5 Safari Game Drives within the Pilanesberg National Park near Gauteng.
- Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge boasts an Underground tunnel leading to a hide with a view of the waterhole open to the wildlife of the Pilanesberg National Park.
- Kwa Maritane offers full safari conferencing, an ideal bush wedding venue with an amazing spa on site.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChildren of all ages welcome
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationPilanesberg National Park, North West
2 hour drive from Johannesburg to the Mabula Game Reserve.
212km north of Johannesburg
47km from BelaBela
150km from Pretoria
16 x Twin rooms
35 x King Rooms
38 x Twin/Double rooms
89 rooms in total
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
PLEASE NOTE: SPECIAL OFFER RATES ABOVE APPLY TO SA RESIDENTS ONLY, BOOKABLE ON REQUEST & SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
BEST AVAILABLE RATES WILL APPLY DURING SPECIAL TOWN EVENTS, PEAK PERIODS, PUBLIC HOLIDAYS & LONG WEEKENDS.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends, public holidays & Nedbank Golf Challenge.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based strictly on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Additional game drives are charged at R 585 per adult & R 290 per child (0 – 17 years), subject to change.
- Single rates are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for a quote.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Children can only be accommodated in a Standard room if sharing with one or two adults.
- SA Residents Dinner Bed and Breakfast rate:
- Children aged 12 years and younger (maximum two children per room) will be accommodated free of charge on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis including one game drive, if sharing with one or two adults. A park entrance fee of R 40 will apply to children 12 years and younger per game drive – (to be prepaid & will be added at the time of invoicing)
- Children aged 13-17 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged R 650 per child per day for breakfast, dinner and one game drive, if sharing with one or two adults
- Children of all ages will be accommodated on game drives only under the supervision of their parents/guardians.
- Children’s Activity Program – Junior Rangers:
- Legacy Junior Rangers programme is available for all children aged 6-12 years. Activities are geared around natural resource protection, environmental education and responsible recreation offering a special opportunity to explore the Pilanesberg National Park. The Junior Rangers Program is available at a small additional cost to parents and usually takes 2 days to complete. On completion of the program, children will be including in a graduation ceremony and will be given a certificate and badges for activities completed.
About Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge is located in the heart of the Pilanesberg National Park, an easy drive of 175 km from Johannesburg, 3 km from the local airport and a mere 8 km from Sun City. This is the perfect setting for a relaxing family weekend away or a corporate conference.
Guests experience excellent game sightings, which include the Big 5, on bush walks and game drives. and the lodge’s 180m underground tunnel leading to the “Hide”, provides for an intimate glimpse of the wild.
Indulge yourself with a stay in any one of the 90 luxury rooms. Enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner in The Kwa Maritane Restaurant, overlooking the waterhole, “The Rock”, and the magnificent granite formations, within the Park. Or sample something from the terrace or “in room dining” menus. On Saturday and Wednesday evenings (weather permitting) dine al fresco on traditional South African fare in our Bush Boma.
Your meetings and functions will run smoothly with the assistance of the staff and the array of features they offer, including secretarial services and Internet and email access. For all special occasion from weddings to dinner dances Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge we will deliver the service to meet your expectations.
- Air conditioning
- Electric safe
- En-suite bathroom and shower
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- International multiplugs
About Pilanesberg National Park
Next door to the famous leisure and entertainment resort of Sun City, is the Pilanesberg National Park.
It may not be very large (550km²) compared to Kruger or some of the other great African parks, but it has a real wilderness feel to it and most of the big animals you could wish to see. It lies amongst the only significant hills in the area which rise skywards out of the flat highveld plain. This massif is a 1,200 million-year-old volcanic relic of four concentric mountain rings.
The Pilanesberg is the highest peak towering 600 metres above Mankwe Lake, which sits in the heart of the ancient volcano. The volcano’s circular bowl was recognised as being the perfect situation for a national park with its tall sides creating natural boundaries. The area was farmed until 1979 until Operation Genesis was launched to rehabilitate the land and stock it with game. This was one of the most imaginative game-stocking enterprises ever undertaken and the Pilanesberg became a great success story. There are currently around 10,000 head of game and it is a very popular game park for locals and overseas visitors alike – many of whom make the short trip from the nearby resort of Sun City.
ANIMALS & BIRDS
This park is home to good populations of a whole range of Africa’s game, including the ‘Big Five’; elephants, black and white rhinoceros, buffaloes, lions and leopards and you will also see giraffes, zebras, hippos and a wide variety of antelopes including the very attractive sable, eland, kudu and gemsbok. There are also cheetahs and hyenas and jackal.
Birdlife is good with over 300 species and bird lovers will be interested in the huge stroll-through aviary at the Manyane gate. Also in this area is a ‘vulture restaurant’ – created to help save the shy and endangered Cape vulture from regional extinction.
Waterhole/ Hide/ Riverfront Feature
- Tennis courts
- Game drives
- Bush walks
- Rock climbing wall
- Swimming Pool
DIRECTIONS FROM SANDTON/FOURWAYS
- Travel north along William Nicol Drive to the Fourways intersection with Witkoppen Road
- Assume a zero speedometer reading at this intersection. Turn left into Witkoppen Road towards Lanseria / Roodepoort
- At 6.3 km turn right at the intersection with Hans Strijdom Extension on the road to Lanseria
- At 12.7 km cross over the Muldersdrift / Diepsloot Road and continue with the R512 towards Broederstroom and Lanseria
- At 14.3 km cross the bridge over the R28 Krugersdorp / Pretoria highway
- At 19.2 km pass the actual Lanseria turnoff and carry on straight
- At 37.3 km you encounter a T-junction. Turn left on the R512 to Magaliesberg
- At 47.1 km turn right on the R512 to Brits, cross the railway line and within 3 km you cross the new bridge over the Hartebeespoort Dam
- At 52.4 km you encounter another T junction. Turn right on the R512 towards Brits
- The next intersection is a major four-way stop indicating R513 to Pretoria North straight ahead, R27 to Pretoria via the tunnel bridge to the right and R512/27 to the left for Brits and Rustenberg – TURN LEFT towards Brits and Rustenberg
- At 58.5 km you bypass the first Brits turnoff on the right
- At 62.1 km you turn right on the R27 after the signpost to Rustenberg/Brits
- At 62.8 km keep left on the R27 to Rustenberg
- At 67.6 km take the slipway left again indicating the direction towards Rustenberg. The R27 becomes the new N4 highway
- At 75.8 km, a signboard indicates Pilanesberg to the left on route 91. A further sign board indicates that this is the route to Sun City, exit left off the highway
- At the stop sign turn right, cross over the bridge and travel a further 70 km towards Sun City
- Turn right when you reach the Mogwase & Pilanesberg turnoff
- Signposting to Kwa Maritane is prominent. Just short of 2 km from this point, turn left and enter the gate to the Park
- Travel a further 1 km to reach your destination