- Offering spectacular golden plains, breathtaking sunsets and Big 5 game viewing, Kwafubesi Tented Safari Camp, is the ideal location for a starry-eyed getaway.
- Enjoy a horseback safari, where you can experience nature up close.
- Dine under the stars in the intimate boma area.
- Luxury Tented African Safari Camp experience close to Gauteng/Johannesburg with game drives.
- Big FiveYes (Lion Kept In A Separate Section In The South Of The Reserve)
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyChildren 8 years and older are welcome
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Only
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaNo
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationMabula Game Reserve, Waterberg Region
2 hour drive from Johannesburg to the Mabula Game Reserve.
212km north of Johannesburg
190km from Sun City
212km from Johannesburg approx 2 Hours
47km from BelaBela
150km from Pretoria
200km from Johannesburg International Airport
5 Tented Rooms
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
Horseback Safaris are available on request directly at Kwafubesi Tented Camp.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 2/3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted above are only valid for SADC Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A Gate Entry Fee of R 327 per vehicle per stay will be charged, payable directly to the Lodge. (Subject to change)
- Please request rates for single accommodation from your BushBreaks & More consultant.
- Children 0 – 7 years of age are not permitted at the Lodge.
- Children 8 years and older are considered adults and will be accommodated in their own rooms and pay full adult rates.
About Kwafubesi Tented Safari
Offering spectacular golden plains, breathtaking sunsets and Big 5 game viewing, Kwafubesi Tented Safari Camp, “Place of the Giant Eagle Owl”, is the ideal location for a starry-eyed getaway. Discreetly tucked away in the tree line on the edge of the magnificent Mvubu plain, Kwafubesi Tented Safari Camp pampers its guests in five luxury canvas tents, where romantic oil lamps and home prepared meals served in the thatched Lapa add to this unique ‘Out of Africa’ experience.
Meals are served in the romantic dining area in the Lapa. For those special occasions, Bush Dinners have proven to be a most suitable alternative by combining the enjoyment of superb food with the tranquillity and captivating scenic beauty of the African bushveld.
- Mosquito nets
- All Tents have en-suite bathrooms
- Each tent has a private deck
- Most rooms have a view of the bush
About Mabula Game Reserve
The greater Mabula Game Reserve is 12500 ha which equates to 12500KM square. The reserve is split by a service road to the South which creates two separate sections of the Mabula Private Game Reserve. In the South we have the Madjuma section which is about 3500 ha and is host to a phenomenal pride of Lion.This section of the reserve carries all species with the exception of Elephant, Cheetah and Buffalo. Guests cross through a tunnel under the service road to connect between the two sections of the reserve.
The Northern territories carry all species with the exception of Lion which has allowed us to reintroduce Cheetah into this reserve. These cheetah are thriving and we were delighted to welcome the birth of four cubs in January 2015 which hails the first free roaming cheetah in this area in almost fifty years.
Mabula has no contracted charter company.
Landing strip co-ordinates – Latitude: 24degrees/44 minutes/94 seconds South – Longitude: 27 degrees/55 minutes/46 seconds East
Johannesburg International Airport, Transfers to and from the Airport can be arranged on request or you can make your way to Mabula by following Route two.
Take N1 freeway towards Pretoria. Turn off onto Pietersburg highway. Follow the road to Bela Bela. Take the Bela Bela Settlers off ramp. Turn left at yield sign and proceed for ± 5kms to T – junction turn right into town. Go over bridge and turn left at the garage. Follow Thabazimbi road. Follow road past the Forever Resorts Aventura down to the traffic circle. At circle turn left on the Thabazimbi Rooiberg road and proceed along for 34kms. Look out for the “Mabula trading store”. 500m past the store turn right on Rooiberg tarred road. Follow Mabula signs for 11kms to Mabula gate.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults