- Our beautiful lodge has the most spectacular views in Zululand, from the river meandering below to the distant Lebombo Mountains.
- By day, relax in your hammock or private plunge pool and watch eagles soar at eye level over the plain below and by night, marvel at the magnificence of the African night sky.
- The reserve is home to the BIG 5, namely the Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo and Elephant. We have a wide variety of antelope, endangered bird species and some inquisitive giraffe, as well as black rhino, jackals, genets, hippos, hyenas and porcupines on the reserve.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyNo children under 12 years
- PoolYes - Private Plunge Pool (not Heated)
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes (Low Risk Area)
- Back-up PowerSolar
LocationManyoni Private Game Reserve, Northern KZN
6.5 hour drive from Johannesburg
3.30 hour drive from Durban.
9 x luxuriously well appointed stone and thatch Suites.
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- Please note:
All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- All special rates offered are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Manyoni Private Game Reserve Conservation Levy: R 193 per person per night applies. Payable directly at the lodge and subject to change.
- Please enquire about rates for single accommodation with your BushBreaks & More consultant.
- Regretfully no children under the age of 12 years are allowed.
- Children 12 years and over are welcome and are charged the full adult rates per night.
- Triples are not possible in the suites. Additional suites will therefore need to be booked if there are more than 2 guests. Double / Single rates will be applied accordingly as applicable.
About Leopard Mountain Safari Lodge
This Big 5, multi-award winning family run game lodge is located high up in the wild secluded hills of the 58 000ha Manyoni Private Game Reserve, with spectacular views overlooking a vast stretch of unspoilt bush veld and riverine forests, from the Umsunduze River meandering below to the distant Lebombo Mountains. Join us in an environment where conservation is of utmost importance and a priority in our everyday living. A warm welcome awaits you at Leopard Mountain Safari Lodge where we will care for your every need in a peaceful atmosphere. Relax in the comfort of our beautiful lounge and dining room or dine under the stars at night where our sought after chef has prepared traditional South African tantalising cuisine. Select a bottle of wine from our unique multi-award winning cellar. Your luxurious well appointed stone and thatch chalet with double basins, large vanity area and open shower, provides a haven of peace and tranquillity where you can watch the sun and moon rise over the African horizon. By day, relax in your hammock or private plunge pool and watch eagles soar at eye level over the plain below and by night, marvel at the magnificence of the African night sky. Entrust us with those special occasions. The picture perfect backdrop of the African bush veld lends itself as a perfect setting for a romantic wedding, honeymoon or just a well deserved break. The highlight of your stay… Take a Big 5 game drive to get up close and personal with some of Africa’s endangered species such as the Black Rhino, Cheetah and Brown Hyaena. Enjoy sundowners amidst the lush Zululand bush veld. A day at Leopard Mountain begins when you are woken by the soft bush sounds surrounding your chalet as dawn breaks. After a good cup of coffee and some traditional rusks you will be escorted to your open game vehicle and introduced to your knowledgeable ranger who will enlighten you about the wildlife wonders. On return to the lodge, a delectable breakfast awaits after which you can enjoy a leisurely morning at your own pace.
In the early afternoon, you will be invited to come and enjoy an Afternoon Tea while overlooking the breath taking views from the deck. After quenching your thirst and having a bite to eat, you will be off again with your ranger to explore some different areas on the Reserve. During your safari you will be treated to a sundowner or two while you watch the sun set over the mountains and perhaps hear the distant roar of lions. On return to the lodge, you will be just in time to freshen up for a dinner under African skies. After a delicious Boma feast, guests often sit around the bonfire to share exciting stories of wildlife encounters.
Our guided walking safaris are an optional extra. This extraordinary experience offers an intimate encounter with the African bush veld and Big 5 animals on foot. Our qualified and experienced ranger will take you to places beyond the reach of our vehicles.
The reserve lies within the Msunduzi valley in northern Zululand in the province of Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa. The area falls under the Mkuze Valley Lowveld vegetation type, varying from open Savanna thornveld, bushveld to riverine woodland, characterized by Acacia’s and Marula tree species. The reserve has over 70 Mammal species and an exceptional diversity of birdlife.
The Manyoni Private Game Reserve was established in 2004 and comprises of 17 landowners who have dropped their internal fences to create a big 5, endangered species reserve. The WWF Black Rhino Range Expansion Project was the conduit for the formation of the reserve.
The Reserve was chosen as a release site for the WWF Black Rhino Range Expansion Project and in 2005 a founder population of black rhino were released into their new home. In 2009 the reserve was proclaimed as a Nature Reserve under the Protected Areas Act 57 of 2003 acknowledging the reserve as a site of biodiversity importance that makes essential contributions to the conservation of species and habitats and is an important system that provides ecosystem services.
- Thatched Roof
- Private viewing deck
- En-suite bathroom
- Ceiling fan & aircon
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Private Plunge Pool
Minimum 2 guests are required for the activities listed below.
- Guided Walking Safaris: On request and subject to availability.
- Half Day Cultural Community Visit: R 1,208 per person, subject to change. (Pre bookings essential)
- Spa treatments at Leopard Mountain Spa: On request.
- Moonlight Safari: R 518 per person, subject to change.
- Minimum 2 guests are required for the activities listed above.
FROM DURBAN / THE SOUTH
- When Northbound on the N2 highway, 32 km after Hluhluwe turn left onto the D464 District Road / Leopard Mountain Lodge turnoff.
- Proceed to the gate of the MANYONI PRIVATE GAME RESERVE.
- Here you will be asked to sign in. Then continue on for 13kms to the Lodge. We are well sign posted along this road.
FROM JOHANNESBURG / THE NORTH
- When Southbound on the N2 highway, 19 km after Mkuze turn right onto the D464 District Road / Leopard Mountain turnoff.
- Proceed to the gate of the MANYONI PRIVATE GAME RESERVE.
- Here you will be asked to sign in. Then continue on for 13km to the Lodge. We are well sign posted along this road.