- Glamping Experience in a tented Camp looking out onto the Mongena Dam.
- Free roaming Big Five Game Reserve Dinokeng – just 40 minutes from Pretoria in Gauteng in a malaria free area.
- Morning & Evening Big Five Safari Game Drives.
- 10 Tented Suites overlooking the Dam with each tent featuring a tea/coffee making facility, mini-safe, air conditioning and en-suite bathrooms.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyNo children under 16 years allowed
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationDinokeng Game Reserve, Gauteng
Approximately 40 minute drive from Pretoria & 1.5 hour drive from Johannesburg / OR Tambo International Airport.
10 x Standard Tents
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to SADC Residents and a copy of ID will be requested upon booking and check-in. Special Discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- NB: Rates exclude the Dinokeng Conservation levy of R 80 per adult per stay / R 50 per child (2 – 12 years) per stay & R 50 per vehicle, subject to change.
- Unfortunately the reserve requires the entrance fees to be paid in advance via https://www.q2b.co.za/DGROnline/Index/1352
- Guests need to print their ticket at home or have the ticket they purchased available on their phone to present at the gate. At the boom gate, they will scan their own ticket, and the cashier will validate the total persons in the vehicle. If there are more occupants in the vehicle than that was paid for, then guests must please stop at the office and pay for the additional people. If a self-drive route map guide is purchased online, the guest must collect it upon entry at the gate. The guests must keep their ticket to exit the reserve again. Guests can enter and exit the reserve through the booms for the valid period their tickets were purchased for. Should no purchasing take place beforehand, guests will be required to make all their purchases at the DGR offices. For any further assistance on purchasing the DGR Ticket and / or payments thereof; please contact the Dinokeng Information Office directly on 012 711 4391 during office hours.
- Please request single accommodation rates from your BushBreaks & More consultant.
- No children under 16 years allowed.
- Children 16 years and older will be charged the full adult rates.
About Little Mongena Tented Camp
Little Mongena Tented Camp is an intimate little lodge nestled on the banks of the Mongena Dam in a Big Five Game Reserve in Gauteng. Offering a glamping experience near Pretoria, the camp is situated within the 8500ha of Mongena Game Lodge, the camp is part of the greater Dinokeng Game Reserve which spans 18 500ha, is home to pristine bushveld, free roaming Big Five, abundant birdlife and diverse general plains game population.
ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION
The lodge can accommodate 20 guests in shared accommodation. Accommodation comprises of 10 standard tents, with each featuring air conditioning, mini-safes, tea/coffee station and en-suite bathroom.
- Tea / Coffee station
- Mini safes
- En-suite bathroom shower only
About Dinokeng Game Reserve
The Dinokeng Game Reserve is situated in the Gauteng Province just north east of Pretoria and is Malaria free. Dinokeng, meaning “a place of rivers”, lies in the catchment area of two rivers that flow into the Olifants and Limpopo rivers, which in turn flows into the Indian Ocean. The reserve spans an area of 18500ha of pristine bushveld and is home to free roaming Big Five, an abundant birdlife and diverse general plains game.
• TAKE THE N1 NORTH TO POLOKWANE FROM PRETORIA
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults