- Lukimbi Safari Lodge is a stunning luxury safari lodge situated in the easily accessible private concession of the southern Kruger National Park, South Africa.
- Relaxation is the objective of any successful getaway, and what better way to achieve this than a trip to the Lukimbi Safari Lodge Spa.
- After breakfast, guests can join qualified guides on a Safari Bush Walk, which is not more than two hours. This is a great opportunity to see some of the smaller creatures and plants up close, not to mention some of the larger wildlife in their own environment.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes (for Big 5 Sightings only)
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyNo children under 2 years
- PoolPool at the Main Lodge area & Private Plunge Pools at the Premier Suites
- SPATreatment Room - closed until further notice
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationPrivate Concession in the Southern Kruger National Park
425 kms from Johannesburg International Airport
91 kms from Nelspruit (Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport)
26 kms from Malelane Gate
61 kms from Skukuza Airport
Daily scheduled flights into Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport and Skukuza Airport. Transfers can be arranged between both airports at an additional fee.
14 Classic Suites
2 Premier Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Kruger National Park gate fees must be settled directly at the gate on entry into the park and are subject to change without prior notice:
- South African Residents – Adult: ZAR 110 per person per day.
- SADC Residents – Adult: ZAR 110 per person per day.
- International Residents – Adult: ZAR 400 per adult per day & ZAR 200 per child per day.
- Kruger National Park gate entry times are as follows:
- Jan, Feb, Nov & Dec: 05h30 – 18h30
- Mar & Oct: 05h30 – 18h00
- May, Jun, Jul: 06h00 – 17h30
- All visitors who are 18 years and older, must produce a positive identity document for scanning in order to gain access to the Kruger National Park:
- SA Residents must produce their SA ID document or Driver’s Licence.
- Non SA Residents must produce their passports.
- Please contact your Bushbreaks consultant to request special discounted rates for single accommodation.
- Children under 2 years are not permitted at the lodge.
- Child rates are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks consultant.
- For children under 12, babysitting is available from 07h00, but needs to be pre-booked directly with the lodge.
- The Safari Playroom is available all day but the room is unsupervised.
- Safari beds and cots are available on request.
- Children under 8 years are not permitted on game drives.
- Families with children under 8 years must reserve their own private game drive vehicle. Costs available on request.
About Lukimbi Safari Lodge
Lukimbi Safari Lodge is situated in a private concession area of the southern Kruger National Park. Overlooking a dry riverbed and waterhole, this sophisticated African-styled 5 star lodge offers outstanding game viewing in a spectacular wilderness setting. Lukimbi’s 15 000 hectares borders three river systems, ensuring a huge diversity of wildlife, including the Big Five. Lukimbi’s one great advantage over most of the other private lodges in the greater Kruger area – its quick and simple accessibility from Johannesburg. The lodge utilise both informative rangers and Shangaan trackers who use their legendary bush skills to bring you an unforgettable wildlife experience when you go out on drives. Sightings at Lukimbi are consistently excellent.
Enter our classic suites and enjoy your proximity to nature with high windows, a well-appointed bathroom overlooking the trees and river, and your own private deck extending from your lounge. You can’t feel closer to the bush without actually being in it. Feel spoilt with a spacious bath, inside and outside shower and separate toilet. All suites have air-conditioning; a fan; safe, gauzy, romantic mosquito nets; tea and coffee facilities; and a mini bar. Even with children sharing the room, you can luxuriate in the space and atmosphere.
Though the service throughout Lukimbi Safari Lodge is unrivaled, for that extra privacy, and additional space, we recommend our ultra-luxurious Premier Suites – The King Cheetah and Giant Eagle Owl suites. They have: a separate bedroom; dining area; larger lounge; main bathroom with huge ‘shareable’ bath; an inside and outside shower; a second bathroom; and private pool with wooden deck, where elephants quite often stop by for a drink. A must for any special celebration or spoiling!
- Mini bar
- Outdoor shower
- Non-smoking rooms
- Safety deposit box
- Separate shower & bath
- Tea/coffee facilities
- Serviced daily
About The Kruger National Park
THE KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
The Kruger National Park is a world renowned reserve that stretches for nearly 2 million hectares across the provinces of Mpumalanga and Limpopo in the northern region of South Africa, making it the largest game reserve in the country (altogether it is 350 km long and 65 km wide). Drawing in more than half a million visitors annually and rated as the ultimate safari experience, it’s no surprise that the Kruger National Park is the primary destination in South Africa for many international tourists.
At the instigation of then-president Paul Kruger, the park was established in 1898 as a sanctuary for the wildlife of the South African low veld after hunters had considerably decimated the once thriving game population. Since then the park has expanded substantially and now encompasses some of the most extraordinary landscapes, plant species and animal life. While exploring the marula and mopane tree dotted savannah, you will encounter a number of majestic creatures, including the famed Big Five (elephant, leopard, lion, rhinoceros and buffalo) and the lesser known Little Five (buffalo weaver, elephant shrew, leopard tortoise, ant lion and rhino beetle).
While the Kruger National Park is renowned for its awe-inspiring safari experiences and abundance of plant and animal life, it also offers an enormous range of unparalleled safari accommodation. Ranging from Tsonga styled lodges that emanate romance and warmth, to luxury lodge perched on the banks of the Crocodile River, the Kruger National Park does not disappoint when it comes to traditional and luxurious safari accommodation.
- Game drives
- Casting tracks
- Arts and crafts
- Treasure hunts
- Interactive sessions with rangers
- Special boma dinners
- Kids’ dinners and picnics.
- All children love to swim: for the younger ones there is a special shallow kids pool. The older ones will enjoy the water flowing across the rocks, until it drops into a waterfall. There they can enjoy the adventure of sitting behind the cascading water.
- Then there is the main area and if they are lucky, they will be able to watch elephants drinking from the pools in the river bed nearby.
- Rates for child minding and private Landrover are available on request.
- Take the N12 towards Witbank.
- There it connects with the N4 coming from Pretoria.
- Pass Nelspruit, then continue a further 59 km to Malelane.
- The same road continues towards Maputo (Mozambique).
- 3 km past Malelane, turn left towards the Kruger National Park Malelane Gate (3 km).
GATE CLOSING TIMES ARE
From here, please follow the signs from the Malelane Gate to Lukimbi.