- Located just two-and-a-half hours drive from Johannesburg, Gauteng in the Malaria Free Waterberg region of the Limpopo Province.
- A family friendly safari bush lodge with organised children’s activities in the Mabula Cubz Club during school holidays.
- Distinctly African in Style, Mabula Game Lodge offers comfortable thatch-roof accommodation with luxury finishings for feeling of a home away from home
- Indulge in an exotic menu of time-honoured Mabula Spa Treatments under the skilful hands of therapists.
- Activities such as Big 5 Safaris, Bird Watching, Bush Walks, Horse-back Safaris, Quad Biking, Tennis Court & Team Building can be arranged on request.
- Big FiveYes (Lions Are Kept In A Separate Section In The South Of The Reserve)
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Only
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- Back-up PowerSolar
LocationMabula Game Reserve, Waterberg Region
47km from Bela Bela
150km from Pretoria
190km from Sun City
200km from Johannesburg (approx 2 hour drive)
79 x Superior Rooms (2 guests)
9 x Superior Rooms with sleeper couch (2 adults & 2 children)
3 x Suites (2 adults & 2 children)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
IMPORTANT NOTICE: MEAL SURCHARGES FOR CHRISTMAS DAY LUNCH AND NEW YEARS EVE DINNER – applicable to all guests and will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking.
25th of December R 250.00 per adult and R 125.00 per child (6 to 11 years)
31st of December R 370.00 per adult and R 185.00 per child (6 to 11 years)
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 2/3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates listed above are valid for SADC Residents only. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A Gate entry Fee of R 327 per vehicle per stay is payable directly to the Lodge, subject to change.
- **IMPORTANT NOTICE** – MEAL SURCHARGES FOR CHRISTMAS DAY LUNCH AND NEW YEARS EVE DINNER – applicable to all guests and will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking.
- 25th of December R 250.00 per adult and R 125.00 per child (6 to 11 years)
- 31st of December R 370.00 per adult and R 185.00 per child (6 to 11 years)
- Please request rates for single accommodation from your BushBreaks & More consultant.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Mabula Game Lodge.
- Child rates for children aged from 0 – 11 years, sharing with 2 full paying adults, are available on request.
- Maximum 2 children under 12 years allowed to share with adults in a Superior Room with sleeper couch or in a Suite.
- Children 12 years and older are accommodated in their own room and will be charged the full adult rate per night.
- Children under 6 years are only permitted on the family safaris at management discretion.
- Children aged 6 years and older will be permitted on game drives at the discretion of lodge management.
About Mabula Game Lodge
Set against a backdrop of lush green mountainous vegetation, Mabula Game Lodge is set in one of South Africa’s finest private game reserves only two hours North of Johannesburg. Exclusive accommodation is provided in our 79 superior rooms & 3 suites that offer guests every comfort in a scenic natural setting.
- All rooms are equipped with flat screen TV’s
- Each room is air-conditioned
- Tea & Coffee making facility
About Mabula Game Reserve
The greater Mabula Game Reserve is 12500 ha which equates to 12500KM square. The reserve is split by a service road to the South which creates two separate sections of the Mabula Private Game Reserve. In the South we have the Madjuma section which is about 3500 ha and is host to a phenomenal pride of Lion.This section of the reserve carries all species with the exception of Elephant, Cheetah and Buffalo. Guests cross through a tunnel under the service road to connect between the two sections of the reserve. The Northern territories carry all species with the exception of Lion which has allowed us to reintroduce Cheetah into this reserve. These cheetah are thriving and we were delighted to welcome the birth of four cubs in January 2015 which hails the first free roaming cheetah in this area in almost fifty years.
- Children’s Programme involving activities to cater for all ages during school holidays, children’s games room as well as baby-sitting facilities
- Safaris in open 4 x 4 vehicles
- Horseback safaris, Archery, Paint Ball, Star Gazing and Team Building Activities
- Eco adventure safaris (Quad bike safaris), guided bush walks and bird walk available on request, must be pre-booked
- Crocodile Feeding Demonstrations, Snake Demonstrations enquire at Wildlife Services for days and times
- Ground Hornbill Project & Reptile Centre
- Hot air balloon safaris on request at an additional charge, need to be pre-book
FROM JOHANNESBURG AND PRETORIA
- Take N1 freeway towards Pretoria.
- Turn off onto Polokwane highway. Follow the road to Bela Bela.
- Take the Bela Bela, Settlers offramp.
- Turn left at yield sign and proceed for ± 5kms to t – junction turn right into town.
- Go over bridge and turn left at the garage. Follow Thabazimbi Road.
- Follow road past the Forever Resorts Aventura down to the traffic circle.
- At circle turn left on the Thabazimbi Rooiberg Road and proceed along for 34kms.
- Look out for the “Mabula Trading Store”.
- 500m past the store turn right on Rooiberg Road.
- Follow Mabula signs for 11kms to Mabula gate.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults