Mantis Founders Lodge
- Big 5 safari on 25000ha of game reserve
- An intimate insight into the world of nature conservation
- Private, intimate and family friendly
- Situated on a private concession
- Bear Grylls Survival Academy – accredited kids programme
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChildren of all ages are welcome
- SPAIn-room Spa Treatments (on Request)
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- Wheelchair FriendlyYes
+- 11 hours from OR Tambo International airport
85km from Chief Dawid Stuurman International Airport
52km to Grahamstown
7 x Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Conservation Levy applicable 11 January 2024 – 31 March 2024: R300 per adult per night / R 150 per child (3 – 11 years) per night which is in addition to the accommodation rates. The proceeds of this levy will be used solely for the wellbeing of the Fauna and Flora on the Founders reserve, including supplementary feed due to the continued drought and enhanced security. To be settled at the Lodge direct.
- Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a special discounted rate for single accommodation.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Founders Lodge.
- Children 0 to 3 years are accommodated on a complimentary basis when sharing with 2 adults.
- Children 4 to 11 years (sharing room with adults) are accommodated at 50% of the adult sharing rate per child per night.
- Children from 12 years and older are considered as adults and will therefore require their own room at the applicable rates.
- Children not sharing with adults (occupying their own room) will be charged at the normal suite rate.
- 1 child under 12 may share with parents in a room on a rollaway bed. (There are 2 rollaway beds available at Founder’s Lodge)
- Children 4 years old and over are allowed on game drives.
- For children 0 – 3 years of age: a babysitter needs to be pre arranged or one of the parents would need to stay behind with them as they will not be permitted on game drives.
About Mantis Founders Lodge
Mantis Founders Lodge offers luxurious hospitality that is focused on tailored service. This lodge features 7 suites and is located in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, one hour from Gqeberha. Founders Lodge offers a safari experience with a bit of romance for couples and an intimate social environment for families and friends travelling together.
Founders Lodge is a monument to conservation history, and it offers soul-reviving safaris in the place where Adrian Gardiner pioneered private game reserve and eco-tourism in the Eastern Cape. Guests enjoy intimate nature-inspired experience, as well as big five viewing on 4×4 guided game drives on 25000ha of game reserve.
- Bar with billiards table
- Drawing room with fireplace
- Founders museum and curio shop
- Gym and steam room
- Formal dining room
- Casual dining terrace
- 2 outdoor swimming pools
- Bird Watching
- Varied dining venues in and around the lodge
- Rhino monitoring
- Nature walks within a rare biome with distinct flora and fauna
- Guest impact experience with programs focused on conservation and community impact
- Interactive wildlife tracks & signs of the bush
Follow the N2 east out of Port Elizabeth, heading towards Grahamstown bypassing the R342 turn-off.
Continue along the N2, cross the Bushman’s River until you reach the Sidbury sign.
Turn left on the gravel road and follow this road until you reach a T-junction.
At the T-junction turn left, you only travel 500m and you will turn left again and follow sign boards to Founder ‘s Lodge.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults