Mdluli Safari Lodge
The Kruger National Park
- Mdluli Safari Lodge, located close to the Numbi Gate in The Kruger National Park is designed to maximise privacy for guests, and seamlessly blends into the landscape around it.
- Gourmet meals, buffet breakfast and dinner, and all day ala carte snacks and lunch menu available.
- Game viewing from the deck, bar, and infinity swimming pool, all overlooking the Park and river.
- Unforgettable Big Five Safari game drives and walks with experienced guides.
- Mdluli Safari Lodge is a proud partnership with the Local Mdluli Community.
- 50 luxurious, spacious, air-conditioned safari tents, each with a private patio with views into the Park.
- Each luxury tent has the same contemporary design, with both indoor and outdoor showers.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChildren of all ages allowed
- SPAMobile Spa
- Cellphone SignalYes - Vodacom & MTN
- Malaria AreaYes - Low Risk
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationNumbi Gate, The Kruger National Park
Approximately 5 hours drive from Johannesburg or Pretoria
1.5 hours from the closest airport – Nelspruit Airport (KMIA
50 x Luxury Tents
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates exclude a KNP Conservation Fee of R 115 per person per day & a community levy of R 47 per person per night, payable directly at the lodge. (Subject to change)
- Please request rates for single accommodation from your BushBreaks & More consultant.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Children aged 0 – 6 years stay free of charge when sharing with 2 full paying adults. Includes accommodation and meals only.
- Children aged 7 – 12 years pay 50% of the adult sharing rate when sharing with 2 full paying adults.
- Children 12 years and older will pay the full adult rates & are accommodated in a separate tent.
- Children under 3 years of age are not permitted on game drives unless a private vehicle is booked. On request and additional costs apply.
- Children 3 years of age and older are allowed on game drives at an additional cost, available on request.
About Mdluli Safari Lodge
Each area of the lodge is intentionally positioned to maximize views into the Park, creating a feeling of always being connected to the beauty and serenity of the natural surroundings.
The main area offers guests a bar, restaurant, deck and infinity swimming pool, each looking out across the Park and the adjacent riverbed.
Indulge in sumptuous breakfast and dinner buffets in the restaurant, ala carté dining on the deck or at the pool, and drinks and snacks menu at the bar. All meals can be enjoyed while looking out for game across the expansive vistas of the Park. The Boma area gives guests a social, relaxed and authentic African dining experience around the fire, under the African sky. Watch elephants drinking from the river while cooling down from the hot African sun in the large infinity swimming pool, just meters from the fence. Enjoy big 5 game viewing and sundowners in open safari vehicles, with experienced guides. An option to self drive in the Park is also available to guests.
The lodge is fully fenced, with the fences monitored 24/7 through an external control centre, allowing guests to move freely and safely throughout the lodge. Something that is quite unique to the location of Mdluli Safari Lodge is their Granite Rock formation, located within their perimeter.
The lodge is a sustainable tourism initiative through its proud partnership with the local Mdluli Community. After a long journey of land restitution, the Mdluli Community have freehold title of 850 hectares of land, inside the borders of the iconic Kruger National Park. This luxurious, private safari lodge was developed with the purpose of sustainably improving the lives and infrastructure of the 45,000-strong Mdluli Community. The Community, who live in villages adjacent to the Park, receive direct financial and indirect social and economic benefits from the lodge’s operations. Alongside skills-based job creation, whereby nearly 90% of the lodge’s team comes from the Community, the lodge creates sustainable small business opportunities as well as increased land value. It’s taken years of dedication towards the realisation of this project. A development like this is dependent on establishing a harmonious relationship between tourism, environment and community. Mdluli Safari Lodge is a blueprint for best practice community development projects in South Africa & committed to a lasting and productive partnership with the Mdluli Community, whose energy is infused into the lodge experience.
ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION
50 x modern, contemporary designed luxury tents each en-suite tent sleeps a family of four and features air conditioning, lounge area, indoor and outdoor showers and private patios. The style sets the ideal scene for relaxation in the African bush.
- Air conditioner
- Sleeper Couch
- Mini Bar Fridge
- Coffee & Tea Station
- Complimentary Water
- Outdoor Shower
About The Kruger National Park
THE KRUGER NATIONAL PARK]
The lodge is accessible via a private road, located a short drive after entering the Kruger National Park via The Numbi Gate. Numbi Gate is the closest access gate from Gauteng (5 hour drive) and the closest gate to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA). Being located inside the south-western borders of the Park offers guests prime Big Five game viewing – on safari drives and walks with experienced guides, or when self-driving.
The lodges operation is aimed at the goal of giving back to the land, which they are privileged to call home. Conservation is a multi-faceted issue, and it is their key role and responsibility to promote conservation through responsible tourism, preserving the majesty of the Kruger National Park and all of its wildlife, fauna and flora. Through a partnership with Davidé Bomben, from Il Diamanté, Italy’s largest tour operator, and working closely with SANParks, Mdluli Safari Lodge is engaged in active poaching prevention programs along the western border of the Park. These initiatives employ and train individuals from the Mdluli Community, many of whom have never been employed before, in anti-poaching skills and tactics.
- Travel on the N12 from Kempton Park. Merge onto the N12 via the ramp to Emalahleni.
- Follow N12 and N4 to R36 in Mpumalanga. Exit from N4.
- Take the exit toward R36.
- Continue onto R539. Turn left onto N4.
- When reaching the large roundabout just outside White River there is the option to take the R40 which is the longer route but provides beautiful scenery towards Hazyview. Taking the R538 is a Faster route, and goes through the rural community villages.
- Our recommended route is to continue on the R40.
- Take R40 and R538 to your destination. Turn right and take second exit at roundabout.
- At the next roundabout take the first exit onto the R37.
- Turn left onto Madiba Drive. Turn left onto Danie Joubert St. Turn right onto Tom Lawrence St.
- Turn left onto the R40. At the roundabout take the second exit towards Hazyview.
- At the T-Junction turn right onto R538 towards Numbi gate.
- At the next T-Junction turn left and continue straight towards Numbi gate.
- You are now inside the Kruger National Park.
- Before the Numbi control point you will see the turn off to Mdluli Safari Lodge on your right hand side. It is a 6km drive to the Lodge security gate, and will take you approximately 20 minutes depending on sightings on your way to the gate!
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults