- Perched on the side of a cliff overlooking the Klaserie River, MIsava Safari Camp is ideally located on 3 000 hectares of diverse topography in the heart of the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve
- The camp borders unfenced with Kruger National Park, Timbavati and Umbabat Reserve which allow wildlife and game including the Big Five to roam freely.
- Located only an hour away from Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport, Misava Safari Camp is easily accessible with daily flights from Johannesburg and Cape Town.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes - Big 5 sightings
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChildren of all ages are welcome at Misava Safari Camp
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationKlaserie Private Nature Reserve
Klaserie Drift Safari Camps are located on 3000 hectares within the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve.
When driving from Johannesburg, travel time is approximately 5 to 6 hours.
The Camp is easily accessible, and is a one-hour drive from Hoedspruit Airport.
3 x Garden View Chalets
2 x River View Chalets
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates quoted exclude the Klaserie Conservation Levy of R 265 per person per night, applicable to guests over the age of 12 years. To be paid directly to the lodge. (Subject to change)
- A Klaserie Private Nature Reserve Entrance Fee of R 230 per vehicle is to be paid on entry into the reserve, subject to change. Payable in cash only.
- Please contact us for a special discounted rate for single accommodation.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Maximum of 2 children sharing with adults. Child rates are available on request.
- Children 12 years and older are regarded as adults and will be charged the adult per person sharing rate.
- Families with children under the age of 6 years will need to book a private game drive vehicle at an additional cost of R2 500 per day. (Subject to change)
About Misava Safari Camp
The Klaserie Drift Safari Camps are set on 3000 hectares of prime land in the heart of the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve, offering a true, exclusive retreat into nature. The camps are ideally located for visitors to enjoy all the wildlife Africa has to offer, in a private and secluded setting, featuring the big five, incredibly diverse landscapes and comfortable accommodation with all modern amenities.
ABOUT MISAVA SAFARI CAMP
Perched on the side of a cliff overlooking the Klaserie River, MIsava Safari Camp is ideally located on 3 000 hectares of diverse topography in the heart of the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve. The camp borders unfenced with Kruger National Park, Timbavati and Umbabat Reserve which allow Big Five Game and other wildlife to move freely. Only an hour’s drive from Hoedspruit’s Eastgate Airport, Misava Safari Camp is easily accessible with daily flights from Johannesburg and Cape Town.
The intimate camp provides a welcome mix of five African thatched rondavels, accomodating two guests each.
The camp is securely fenced and comprises a main thatched building with an open-plan kitchen and a TV-and dining area. The patio is fitted with a handcrafted wooden bar and a few steps across the lawn, a boma and outside braai provide warmth and a true African atmosphere. A flagstone path leads guests to a second entertainment area which provides breathtaking views from this awe-inspiring lookout deck, built on the banks of the Klaserie River.
Garden View Chalet
Three luxury and authentic Thatched Chalets accommodate two guests in a private and tranquil setting with amazing views of the naturally wild garden and expanse of the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve. Super King sized bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fans, coffee station and minibar are just some of the in-room facilities guests can expect. The Luxury bathroom amenities complete the large en-suite bathrooms which consist of an indoor shower only. Each suite has large glass doors opening on to its own private deck equipped with furniture overlooking the gardens and reserve as well as a private entrance leading to the swimming pool, main lounge and dining areas. Misava Safari Camp can be booked as exclusive use for 10 guests or guests can book per room, as required.
River View Chalets
Two luxury and authentic Thatched Chalets accommodate two guests in a private and tranquil setting with amazing views over the Klaserie River and expanse of the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve. Super King sized bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fans, coffee station and minibar are just some of the in-room facilities guests can expect. The Luxury bathroom amenities complete the large en-suite bathrooms which consist of a bathtub with an amazing river view, an indoor and outdoor shower. Each suite has large glass doors opening on to its own private deck equipped with furniture overlooking the river and reserve as well as a private entrance leading to the swimming pool, main lounge and dining areas. Misava Safari Camp can be booked as exclusive use for 10 guests or guests can book per room, as required. Both River view rooms are ideal for honeymoon couples as they offer privacy, tranquility and private romantic dinners can be served on their deck.
About Klaserie Private Nature Reserve
The Klaserie Private Nature Reserve bordering The Kruger National Park with no boundary fences between the two and surrounding reserves, game viewers and wildlife photographers are offered the opportunity to spot the elusive big five, countless antelope, various magnificent mammals, and a large variety of beautiful bird species. The tranquillity fostered by the limited number of guests per Camp ensures that the wildlife is at peace in this raw and untouched setting.
The guides are knowledgeable, share valuable information about the animals spotted on the game drives, and ensure that the environment is protected at all times; nature conservation is of the utmost priority. With over decades’ experience in guiding across Africa our guides offers bespoke, tailor made and private specialist safaris.
Although game drives are scheduled at guests’ leisure, to safeguard the Reserve’s delicate eco-systems and for guests’ safety, self-drive game viewing is not permitted. This unique and exclusive approach means that there are only two game viewing vehicles in the park at any time, giving real insight into untouched tranquillity of natural beauty. From coffee stops on the banks of the Klaserie River and sunsets on the koppie, the Klaserie Safari Camps present a myriad of exhilarating wildlife experiences and encounters with nature.
The Klaserie Drift Safari Camps are home to a wide variety of predators, including lion, leopard, smaller cats, spotted hyenas, jackals and wild dogs. As such, the thrill of witnessing a kill looms around every corner. Buffalo, rhino, hippo, giraffe, elephant, a variety of buck, an array of birdlife, baboons, monkeys and mongooses can be spotted daily – to name but a few.
In this quiet setting, wildlife feel safe, and throughout the relevant breeding seasons many young can be seen making their home within the Klaserie’s borders. In 2016, for example, leopard cubs were spotted in the park, a pride of lions had its cubs within Klaserie, and in 2017 a pack of wild dogs made their den close to Angela’s Camp, complete with many pups.
Drive time is approximately 5.5 to 6 hours.
Travel to Hoedspruit, utilising the Belfast / Lydenburg Road.
▪ Continue for 3, 4 km until you see a sign for Amani Safari Camp and Angela’s Safari Camp. Follow these signs and they will take you directly to the camp.