- The lodge has a spectacular location on the Crocodile River, with Kruger National Park on the other side of the river.
- Magnificent old trees to relax under while watching the animals come to drink in the vast river bed.
- With over 14 km of Crocodile River frontage Mjejane enjoys abundant wildlife sightings.
- Game drives are conducted on the Mjejane Game Reserve.(3500ha).
- Day trips can be done into the Kruger National Park which is accesible via Malelane Gate (it is a 45 min drive to the KNP entrance).
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Only
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaYes
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationMjejane Private Game Reserve, Southern Kruger Region
450 km (approximately 5 hour drive) from Johannesburg.
Daily scheduled flights to KMIA (Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport) and 100 km (approximately 1 hour) transfer to the lodge. (100 km from Nelspruit)
9 x Standard Rooms
8 x Luxury rooms
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates listed above are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Kruger National Park gate fees must be settled directly at the gate on entry into the park and are subject to change:
- South African Residents Adult: ZAR 115 per adult per day & ZAR 57 per child (2-11 years) per day.
- SADC Residents Adult: ZAR 230 per adult per day & ZAR 115 per child (2-11 years) per day.
- International Residents Adult: ZAR 460 per adult per day & ZAR 230 per child (2-11 years) per day.
- All visitors who are 18 years and older, must produce a positive identity document for scanning in order to gain access to the Kruger National Park:
- SA Residents must produce their SA ID document or Driver’s License.
- Non SA Residents must produce their passports.
- Conservation levies for the Kruger National Park, if purchasing game drive/s into the park are excluded. The game drives are to be booked and paid directly at the lodge. Rates are available on request and subject to change.
- Mjejane concession gate entrance fee R 250 per vehicle once off, valid up to 7 days. Payable at the gate only.
- Please request rates for singe accommodation from your BushBreaks & More consultant.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Mjejane River Lodge.
- A maximum of 1 child under the age of 12 years can be accommodated with parents in the same room in Standard rooms only. Subject to availability.
- A maximum of 2 children can be accommodated with 2 adults in one inter-leading Family room (Standard room category)
- Children aged 0 – 5 years will be accommodated free of charge when sharing with full paying adults in the same room.
- Children aged 6 – 11 years will pay less 50% when sharing with 2 full paying adults.
- Children 12 years and older are considered adults & will be accommodated in their own rooms.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult during game drives
- Children aged 0 – 5 years will not be permitted on game drives (Kruger National Park & Mjejane River Lodge). Where possible, a kiddie’s safari will be arranged between normal safari times.
- Children aged 6 – 11 years will be permitted on game drives at the discretion of lodge management and will pay the full conservation levy.
- Babysitting can be arranged at the lodge at an additional charge.
About Mjejane River Lodge
Mjejane River Lodge is perched on the banks of one of the Kruger National Park’s greatest rivers – the Crocodile River surrounded by tens of thousands of hectares of raw African Wilderness. It is here that places of water are places of life. It is here where all forms of wildlife are drawn to the riverdene habitat to feed and to quench their thirst. It is here that the paths of predators and prey cross. It is here that life and death are close companions. It is here that you are assured of a breathtaking wildlife experience. Allowing guests to experience the bush face-to-face, track animals, soak up African sunshine, walk along dry riverbeds and experience the heart of Africa, Mjejane Game Reserve has guests creating memories that binds friends and families together. Upon returning to the lodge from a day’s activities, guests are welcome to enjoy a refreshing swim in the cool waters of the outdoor swimming pool.
- En-suite bathroom
- Mini fridge
- Fully air-conditioned
- Tea & coffee station
- Private patio
- All rooms have a private patio overlooking the serene waters of the Crocodile River
About Mjejane Game Reserve
Mjejane Game Reserve lies on the banks of the Crocodile River, bordering the Kruger National Park, its borders with the famous park no longer hindered by fences, allowing the free range of game to and fro. This part of the Kruger National Park is said to be of the best for game viewing and since it is so very accessible – around 4 hours’ drive from Gauteng, just past the town of Hectorspruit – a wonderful space to which to escape on a regular basis.
Mjejane is 4000 hectares that borders the Kruger National Park.
The best time of year to head out here, when animals are most easily spotted, is when it is dry, between April and September. The bush and trees at this time of year do not have as many leaves, and the weather is not as intense, for in this part of the country it can become acutely hot. It does not get better than the African bush, late at night, the sound of a lion in the distance, a fire roaring in the lapa.
- Bush walks can be arranged at an additional charge
- Bird watching
- Golf and Tiger Fishing nearby
- Chimpanzee Sanctuary nearby
- Agricultural Tours nearby
- Scenic Panorama Route nearby
450 km from Johannesburg
100 km from Nelspruit Airport
- Follow the N4 to Nelspruit
- Take the N4 highway east to Hectorspruit
- Turnoff to the reserve is on the left hand side, 2.5km past Hectorspruit between Malelane and Komatipoort
- Daily scheduled flights into Nelspruit Airport.
- The KMIA Airport is on the outskirts of Nelspruit and transfers should take one hour.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults