- Morokolo Safari Lodge is a private, intimate, and down to earth, self catering Game Lodge, catering specifically to small groups of families and friends of up to a maximum of 10 guests.
- The Black Rhino Reserve within the Pilanesberg National Park is one of the richest diversities of African Fauna & Flora in Africa.
- The ‘Big Five’ and scores of wildlife roam free around MolloThaba Game Lodge, just a mere 2 and a half hours drive from Johannesburg.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - Splash Pool At The Main Area
- AirconYes In 4 Chalets The Honeymoon Chalet Has An Evaporative Cooler & Gas Heater
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationBlack Rhino Game Reserve within the Pilanesberg National Park
Approx. 2 and a half hours drive from Johannesburg. The gate to the Black Rhino Game Reserve is situated on the Madikwe Road.
The lodge comprises five luxury suites.
Each of the chalets has a comfortable bedroom opening onto a small patio, with an en suite bathroom, including outdoor shower. One of the bedroom chalets is the honeymoon chalet with its own kitchenette, lounge, patio and boma braai area.
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Maximum occupancy for the exclusive use of the lodge is 10 guests for accommodation and on game drives.
- A conservation levy of R 140 per adult per night, R 95 per pensioner per night & R 85 per child under 11 years per night is payable directly to the Lodge, subject to change.
- A damage deposit of R 1,000 is due in advance, refundable 24 hours after check-out. (Subject to change without prior notice)
- Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for single accommodation rates.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Morokolo Safari Lodge.
- Children aged 0 – 5 years are not permitted on safari game drives, unless the lodge is booked on an exclusive use basis.
- Children aged 6 years and older are permitted on game drives at the discretion of the Game Ranger & Lodge management.
About Morokolo Safari Lodge
- En-suite bathroom
- Outdoor shower
- Coffee/tea stations are provided
- Aircons in each chalet,except in the Honeymoon chalet which has an evaporative cooler which is economical friendly. The Honeymoon chalet also has a solar geyser with backup power and for heating there is a gas heater
About Pilanesberg National Park
Black Rhino Game Reserve is the first extension towards the completion of the corridor with Madikwe Game Reserve. With full access to the big 5 and many other fauna and flora, including over 350 different bird species, this malaria free private reserve has exclusive use of over 19 000 hectares of the Pilanesberg National Park that is not accessible to the public.
Next door to the famous leisure and entertainment resort of Sun City, lies the Pilanesberg National Park.
It may not be very large (550km²) compared to Kruger or some of the other great African parks, but it has a real wilderness feel to it and most of the big animals you could wish to see. It lies amongst the only significant hills in the area which rise skywards out of the flat highveld plain. This massif is a 1,200 million-year-old volcanic relic of four concentric mountain rings.
The Pilanesberg is the highest peak towering 600 metres above Mankwe Lake, which sits in the heart of the ancient volcano. The volcano’s circular bowl was recognised as being the perfect situation for a national park with its tall sides creating natural boundaries. The area was farmed until 1979 until Operation Genesis was launched to rehabilitate the land and stock it with game. This was one of the most imaginative game-stocking enterprises ever undertaken and the Pilanesberg became a great success story. There are currently around 10,000 head of game and it is a very popular game park for locals and overseas visitors alike – many of whom make the short trip from the nearby resort of Sun City.
ANIMALS AND BIRDS
This park is home to good populations of a whole range of Africa’s game, including the ‘Big Five’; elephants, black and white rhinoceros, buffaloes, lions and leopards and you will also see giraffes, zebras, hippos and a wide variety of antelopes including the very attractive sable, eland, kudu and gemsbok. There are also cheetahs and hyenas and jackal. Birdlife is good with over 300 species and bird lovers will be interested in the huge stroll-through aviary at the Manyane gate. Also in this area is a ‘vulture restaurant’ – created to help save the shy and endangered Cape vulture from regional extinction.
- Extended game drives may be added to your booking.
- Baby sitting service charged for separately.
- Firewood charged per usage after first 2 free bags.
- Airport transfers can be arranged on request.
- Additional options are to be requested in advance. Additional costs are available on request and to be settled with the lodge direct.
- Head towards Sun City on the R556 and pass by the entrance to Sun City on the right.
- Continue for 5.11 km to the 4-way stop street and turn right onto the R565 (Swartruggens).
- Continue on this road for approximately 27 km through a small village (beware of potholes and road works) until you arrive at the Black Rhino Game Reserve entrance on the right.
- Sign in at the gate and either drive on directly to the lodge.
- A standard clearance sedan should be able to reach Morokolo Game Lodge (No 19 Black Rhino Reserve) without difficulty.
- From the Black Rhino Game Reserve gate, drive for 2,9 km along the road until you meet an intersection, continue straight for 500m till you see our lodge on the right: No 19 Black Rhino Reserve.
Please call the Lodge once you have reached Sun City.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults