- Star gazing
- Cheetah Tracking
- Game walks
- Scenic Helicopter flights
- Historic War Site
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- Wheelchair FriendlyNo
LocationEastern Cape, Great Karoo
3 – 4 Hours from Port Elizabeth Airport
60 km from Graaff-Reinet
Camdeboo Manor x 4 rooms, including one suitable for children.
Courtyard Manor x 4 rooms. Ideal for exclusive use.
Hillside Manor x 3 rooms. Exclusive use only and self catering.
Peppertree Cottage x 1
2 x Luxury Eco-Pods, each one sleeps 2.
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
PLEASE CONTACT BUSHBREAKS & MORE FOR BEST AVAILABLE RATES.
BAR rates (best available rates): these are short term rates that are determined by occupancy levels which, unlike contracted rates, are only valid for a limited period of between 48 hours to seven days. In order to provide the most cost-effective itinerary we may include BAR rates in our quotation. Depending on the quoting/booking time frame we may need to re-quote BAR rates prior to confirming a booking.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Prices are valid for SA Residents only. Special Discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Conservation Levy of R 300 per adult per night / R 150 per child per night applies. To be settled direct. (Subject to change)
- Single rates are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Mount Camdeboo.
- Children under the age of 2 years are accommodated on a complimentary basis in a cot – only 1 cot per room, subject to availability.
- Children aged 2 – 11 years sharing with parents: one extra bed per room on request basis only. Please request child rates from your BushBreaks & More consultant.
- Children over 12 years are charged as adults.
- Children aged 6 years and older are permitted on game drives.
About Mount Camdeboo Private Game Reserve
Breathtaking landscapes set the scene, endangered wildlife roam free and the thrill of spotting a lion or cheetah lingers in the atmosphere — this is Mount Camdeboo Private Game Reserve. Embark on an unforgettable safari experience in the heart of the malaria-free Great Karoo.
A fine example of traditional Cape Dutch architecture with wide Oregon pine floorboards, thick walls, beautiful landscaped gardens and a swimming pool.
Four luxuriously appointed en-suite bedrooms (two double and two twin, one of which is smaller and ideal for children) offer a private experience in a classic setting.
Rooms feature air-conditioning, under-floor heating, a mini bar with tea and coffee facilities and french doors opening to the garden. The children’s room does not have French doors or a mini bar. Bathrooms include double vanities, shower and WC.
With an elevated position against the lower slope of Sneeuberg Mountain, Hillside Manor offers a private setting with sweeping valley views.
Available for exclusive use only. It is an ideal family option offering relaxed and spacious living spaces, three double en-suite bedrooms, a swimming pool and private safari vehicle with ranger.
Hillside Manor can be booked as an exclusive use self-catering home.
Courtyard Manor is a gracious, double gabled and intimate homestead wrapped in a deep veranda, overlooking spacious gardens and a swimming pool.
Comprising of four tastefully appointed en-suite bedrooms (three double and one twin), it lends itself to a more relaxed safari approach. It is also ideal as an exclusive use villa for groups of families and friends traveling together.
Rooms feature air-conditioning, underfloor heating, a mini bar with tea & coffee facilities and French doors opening to the gardens. Bathrooms feature double vanities, a shower, bath & WC.
Situated in a secluded part of Camdeboo Manor’s beautiful gardens, Peppertree cottage offers a romantic setting for honeymooners or couples seeking privacy.
The spacious cottage features a king-size bed, fireplace, kitchenette & a private garden. The bathroom features a double vanity, shower, bath & WC.
Situated in a secluded part on the Camdeboo Plains you will find two Eco-friendly pods that blend in seamlessly with the natural landscape, providing every comfort while leaving a light environment footprint.
Each pod includes a luxurious queen bed that looks out onto the Camdeboo Plains, en-suite bathroom, kitchenette and hot tub- the perfect escape for couples, honeymooners and wildlife lovers.
- Wi-Fi in rooms and public areas
- Swimming pools for private use at each manor
- Two game drives per day
- Housekeeping offered twice daily
- Welcome refreshment -Complimentary beverage on arrival
- Eco Pods – Intimate nature experience
- Game drives
- Rock art walk
- Picnic for two
- Private game drive for two
- Valley of Desolation visit
- Guided Historial tour
- The Village of Nieu Bethsda
- Camdeboo National Park
About Great Karoo
The Great Karoo is considered a semi-desert region. Arid air and cloudless sides are typical of this area, as are great heat and frosts. Daytime is typically warm, while night-time and early mornings can become cool, even in summer months. this climate results in very particular landscape, dotted with xerophytic vegetation, the topography on Mount Camdeboo is however quite different, boasting lush valleys, due to its location at the foot of the Sneeuberg.
- Mount Camdeboo Private Game Reserve lies just to the east of the town of Graaff-Reinet, approximately 60 km away, in the heart of the malaria-free Great Karoo region.
- Daily scheduled flights arrive at Port Elizabeth International Airport from Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban. From there, a road transfer can be arranged to Mount Camdeboo in a private, air-conditioned vehicle. The duration of the drive is three hours (distance 280 km).
- Two private local airstrips are also available should you prefer to charter in. One is located in Graaff-Reinet and the other on a neighbouring farm. Please note that the use of airstrips is subject to availability and only by prior arrangement.
- The reserve is an easy 280 km drive from Port Elizabeth.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults