- A one hours drive from Johannesburg, 30 minutes from Pretoria
- Positioned within a big 5 Game Reserve
- Luxury accommodation, high speed WiFi
- A private game ranger and vehicle and gourmet chef.
- A malaria free reserve
- Children’s entertainment area.
- Conference Facility for 14 guests
- Views of the waterhole from the lodge .
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- SPAOn Request
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- Wheelchair FriendlyNo
LocationDinokeng Game Reserve, Gauteng.
1 Hour from Johannesburg, 30 minutes from Pretoria, 45 minutes from OR Tambo International Airport
5 Luxury Suites for 14 guests in total – (10 adults & 4 children)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges will apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates exclude Park Entrance & Conservation Levies, payable at the gate upon arrival. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for more information.
- Special rates for single accommodation in a Suite are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Nako Safari Lodge.
- Children of all ages are charged the full adult per person sharing rate.
- Children of all ages welcome on game drives.
About Nako Safari Lodge
Timeless – the word that epitomises NAKO Safari Lodge; a luxury retreat nestled in the northern-most part of the Dinokeng Big 5 Game Reserve, an exclusive retreat away from the city. NAKO creates space to simply take time… time to renew your natural spirit, your mind, invest in your relationships, your business, or to spend it with your precious family. As inevitable as the yearly migration of flocks of birds to warmer pastures, so will the memories captured here be; timeless.
The name, ‘NAKO’ is derived from the Tswana word for ‘time’, which in today’s fast-paced world is a precious commodity. The owners of NAKO equate this to a symbol of spending quality time in nature, with family and friends, with business colleagues or simply appreciating the breath-taking environment, along with the magnificent wildlife. It is fitting that NAKO, true to it’s values, is situated a mere one hours’ drive from Johannesburg, 45 minutes from OR Tambo International Airport or 30 minutes from Pretoria, enabling guests to maximise their time in nature.
Travellers choose to stay at NAKO because of the unforgettable experience, from the moment they arrive and breathe in the surrounds; the seamless luxury, sincere and passionate team, and of course the spectacular wildlife encounters, both on safari and right on our doorstep. Sip up the scenery at the vista rooftop bar or spot the elusive Leopard from the viewing deck.
While the kiddies are well cared for in the games room, float in our rim flow pool overlooking the famous private waterhole and the 360-degree view of the surrounds … and wind down under a starlit sky in front of a roaring fire. Share the journey in the elegance of the wilderness, where time stands still… family, business, and nature call.
About the rooms
Suite 1: 2-bedroom Suite that can be set up with King Size or single beds. This unit overlooks the Waterhole and is perfect for a family. The room is equipped with all the luxuries from Nespresso machines, air-conditioning, high speed Wi-Fi, Smart Tv’s through to a beautiful bathroom and shower, outdoor shower and private BOMA Firepit.
Suite 2: 1 bedroom Suite that can be set up with King Size or single beds. This unit overlooks the Waterhole. The room is equipped with all the luxuries from Nespresso machines, air-conditioning, high speed Wi-Fi, Smart Tv’s, through to a beautiful bathroom and shower, outdoor shower and private BOMA Firepit.
Combine Room 1 and 2 to make a luxurious 3 Bedroom Villa.
Suite 3 – 2-bedroom Suite that can be set up with King Size or single beds. This unit is perfect for a family. The room is equipped with all the luxuries from Nespresso machines, air-conditioning, high speed Wi-Fi, Smart Tv’s, through to a beautiful bathroom and shower, outdoor shower and private BOMA Firepit.
Suite 4: 1 bedroom Suite that can be set up with King Size or single beds. The room is equipped with all the luxuries from Nespresso machines, air-conditioning, high speed Wi-Fi, Smart Tv’s, through to a beautiful bathroom and shower, outdoor shower and private BOMA Firepit.
Suite 5: 2-bedroom Suite that can be set up with King Size or single beds. This unit is perfect for a family. The room is equipped with all the luxuries from Nespresso machines, air-conditioning, high speed Wi-Fi, Smart Tv’s through to a beautiful bathroom and shower, outdoor shower and private BOMA Firepit.
Combine Room 4 and 5 to make a luxurious 3 Bedroom Villa.
- En-suite bathrooms with bath
- Outdoor & Walk-in showers
- Nespresso Machine
- Outdoor Deck
- Private firepit / Boma
- Waterhole View
- Screen doors
- High-speed Internet
- Smart TVs (Netflix Enabled)
- Lodge is fully fenced
- 360-degree bushveld views
- Rimflow pool onto the famous ‘Pumba’ Waterhole, which is regularly visited by Elephants, White and Black Rhinos, Lions, Buffalo, Hyena and even the elusive Leopard that resides in the area.
- Award-winning wine offering
- Large Outdoor Terrace with Bar and Seating Area
- Viewing Deck with Rooftop Bar
- Braai / Barbecue facilities
- Pizza Oven
- Upstairs Media Room / Photographic Studio / Library
- Children’s games room • Kosher kitchen facility (Coming soon)
About Dinokeng Game Reserve
Dinokeng Game Reserve is the first free-roaming Big 5 game reserve in Gauteng next to an urbanized area. It is a private/public initiative for which planning and development started in the early 2000’s. It was officially opened on 22 September 2011 after the introduction of four of the Big 5. The last of the Big 5, the buffalo, were introduced in late 2012 and they have settled into the game reserve well.
Dinokeng Game Reserve is situated near Hammanskraal, a mere 30 minutes from Pretoria and 45 minute easy drive from OR Tambo International Airport and 1 hour from Johannesburg. The Reserve is also the only game reserve in the Gauteng Province that houses the Big 5 (elephant, lion, rhinoceros, buffalo and leopard). It also boasts cheetah and brown hyena and a big variety of general plains game and giraffe.
With varying terrain and vegetation, ranging from bushveld to grassy floodplains and thornveld including the Mongena 28 ha lake and its surrounding wetlands supports browsing and grazing species that are best enjoyed either by a guided game drive with qualified rangers or via the Wilderness Way self-drive game route. Guests to the reserve will have the opportunity to view lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino, leopard, cheetah, giraffe, zebra, brown hyena, wildebeest, red hartebeest, tsessebe, eland, kudu, impala, waterbuck, ostrich, jackal, hippo, crocodile and over 300 bird species, including fish eagles, the endangered blue crane and a breeding pair of martial eagles.
- Game Drives
- Bush Walks (coming Soon)
- Spa Treatments (Available on request)
- Children Entertainment Room, Snooker/Pool, Air hockey, Table Tennis etc
From Johannesburg or Pretoria:
- Take the N1 North, take the Boekenhoutkloof off-ramp, turn right over the bridge , immediately turn left on the Rust de Winter road, entering the Tau Gate at Dinokeng Game Reserve.
- Follow the road for 12km, turn left into the main gate of Pride of Africa Nature Reserve.
- At the gate ask for directions to NAKO Safari Lodge and follow the NAKO Signs up to the lodge (approx 7kms).
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults