- Each suite is spacious and completely secluded. With 180 degree panoramic views from the bath, outdoor “bush shower”, and private wrap around deck, guests can immerse themselves in the pure luxury that is Nambiti Plains Lodge.
- A Five Star African Eco Lodge, lies nestled within the smouldering beauty of a picturesque landscape of the spectacular Nambiti Game Reserve, a private Big Five bush retreat and game conservancy set on malaria-free bushveld in KwaZulu Natal.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyChildren aged 8 years and older are permitted
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Only
- AirconFans Only
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationNambiti Game Reserve, Ladysmith, Kwa-Zulu Natal
Approximately 3 hour drive from Durban & 4 hour drive from Johannesburg
4 Luxury Suites
3 Honeymoon Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
ROMANTIC OFFERS: AFRICAN ROMANCE – HONEYMOON SPECIAL PACKAGE
- Valid throughout the year (subject to change)
- Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for more information
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA/SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates include VAT & Tourism Levy, subject to change.
- Rates exclude a Conservation Levy of R 200 per person per day. Payable at the lodge and subject to change.
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- Children aged 8 years and older are welcome at Nambiti Plains.
- Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for child rates, ages 8 to 12 years.
- Children aged 13 years and older will be charged standard adult rates.
- Children aged 13 years and older can stay in a Luxury Suite on their own.
- Children sharing a room with 2 full paying adults sleep on individual single beds (without mosquito nets).
- Child minding is available on request.
- Nambiti Plains Lodge is unfenced and wild animals can roam between the suites and lodge area.
About Nambiti Plains
The Nambiti Plains Lodge is nestled amongst the fauna & flora of the spectacular Nambiti Game Reserve, a private Big Five bush retreat and game conservancy set on 22,000 acres of malaria-free bushveld in KwaZulu Natal.
Imagine watching the sun set over the horizon whilst you capture the moment of a pride of lions stalking their prey or watching a rhino strolling to the water hole for an afternoon drink or the buffalo silhouetted against an aging sky. Admire the leopard with its beauty and graceful strength. Watch the Great African Elephant family as they make their way over the plains; or watch as the cheetah, lithe and agile crouches, patiently waiting.
Nambiti Plains not only offers you the BIG 5, but also boasts incredible biodiversity including savannah, grasslands, thornveld and tall acacia trees. It is home to several rare bird species and an array of plains game, and of course, the entertaining hippopotamus.
Nambiti Plains Lodge lies nestled within the smouldering beauty of a picturesque landscape that only Africa can portray offering 5 star luxury accommodation for the executive adventurer.
Each suite is designed with the utmost care and detail to impress and surpass the expectations of even the most discerning guest. Each suite is spacious and completely secluded. With 180 degree panoramic views from the bath, outdoor “bush shower”, and private wrap around deck, guests can immerse themselves in the pure luxury that is Nambiti Plains. A butler service will see to your every need.
The main lodge is imaginatively weaved and constructed in and amongst the indigenous forest, perched on the waterhole edge, a fine line between luxury and the reality of the African wild. Relax with a cocktail on the deck or at the Nambiti Plains Bar or take a dip in the swimming pool and watch as the animals quietly drink and bath in the waterhole. In the evenings look forward to 5 star dinners in the boma around the African fire and feel the beat of Africa as it gently and rhythmically moves through the night.
They offer guests a truly unique experience. Apart from the traditional, open-vehicle safari game drives where the big five and over thirty other species of game can be seen, our alternative activities include tours of the Battlefields.
Dining is a culinary journey at Nambiti Plains, a journey that reflects and celebrates local South African flavors, one that plays on all the senses with an uncompromising commitment to using only the freshest ingredients and producing as much as possible on site, whether it be freshly made compotes with which to flavour your breakfast yoghurt; breads to tempt you at lunch; gorgeous fruit salsas to accompany your mains at dinner and a whole host of other delectable, freshly made goodies. The lodge offers a full buffet breakfast. Lunch can be enjoyed either at the main area decks or privately on your room veranda. Dinner will be served in our dining area, in our cosy boma or in the bush for a truly magical experience. Private picnic lunches can be arranged by management. Vegetarians and any other dietary requirements will be cared for as far as possible.
The war of the Zulu Kings and the British Empire took place in the hills surrounding Nambiti Game Reserve. If you wish to explore the battlefields of this momentous occasion for a day or even for a few days for a more detailed approach the opportunity is available. The staff will book you on a tour with a professional guide that will explain the events to you. Or if you prefer to self-drive they will pack you your picnic lunch and send you off on your adventure.
Nambiti Plains can accommodate 10 people, however, a neighbouring self catering lodge in the reserve can be booked and accommodates 16 people. Conferencing and meals will be held at Nambiti Plains.
About Nambiti Game Reserve
Nambiti Private Game Reserve is a private Big Five and Wonderful Seven bush retreat and game conservancy set on 22,000 acres of malaria-free bushveld in KwaZulu Natal. It has an incredible biodiversity including savannah, grasslands, thornveld and tall acacia trees. The Sundays River flows through the reserve and has two 40-metre waterfalls with magnificent ravine bush, home to several rare bird species The Nambiti Private Game Reserve has three times the carrying capacity of regions like Botswana and is the only reserve in the region with the big five. We currently have over thirty other species of game including giraffe, hippo, hyena, impala, springbok, and zebra. Encounter one of these magnificent animals only approximately 4 hours from Johannesburg and 3 hours from Durban. The spirit of Africa will fill your soul and the experience will stay with you forever. The roar of lions and the ambience of a traditional boma will make you want to return, year after year.
- All additional activities are at an additional charge and are on request. It is recommended to book well in advance:
- Battlefield Tours
- Night Drive
- Bass Fishing
- Bush Picnic
- Romantic Package
- Walking Safari
- Star Gazing
- Head towards Ladysmith on the N3. Once you have entered KwaZulu Natal via Van Reenen, look out for the Ladysmith Toll off-ramp (at the bottom of Van Reenen’s Pass).
- Turn left and drive toward Ladysmith on the R103. When you arrive in Ladysmith, drive straight through, following the N11 Road to Newcastle.
- Guests are required to call the lodge once they reach Ladysmith.
- Follow the N11 through Ladysmith towards Newcastle and continue on this road for +- 20km
- Ignore the signs that say Nambiti as this will lead you to the South Gate.
- Drive until you see the sign that says Elandslaagte / Glencoe Dundee and turn right.
- You will then be on the Glencoe/ Dundee road R602. Travel for +-2.3km.
- Turn right at Elandslaagte – P555 (dirt road)
- Cross the railway line – follow Elandslaagte sign for 200m
- Turn left following Elandslaagte sign/Memorial Gate
- Drive 3.8km to Nambiti Game Reserve North Gate.
Here you will park your car in the safety of the parking shed for the duration of your stay and we will transfer you to the lodge.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults