- The exclusive and intimate, Nedile Lodge can accommodate 10 guests in 5 luxurious rooms. Nedile’s stylish suites have been positioned perfectly between rocky outcrops on a north-facing slope, and are complimented perfectly offering breathtaking views of the Waterberg Mountains.
- This spectacular Welgevonden Game Reserve, located close to Gauteng, not only home to Africa’s magnificent Big 5, but also houses a vast array of bird and animal life, including giraffe, kudu, impala, wildebeest, red hartebeest, tsessebe, gemsbok, waterbuck and bush pigs.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyNo children under the age of 10 years
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Only
- SPAIn-room Massages
- AirconFans Only
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationWelgevonden Game Reserve
3.5 hour drive from Johannesburg to the West Gate of the Welgevonden Game Reserve
5 Luxury Thatched Chalets with en-suite bathrooms
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
IMPORTANT NOTICE: RATES ARE BASED ON BEST AVAILABLE RATES AT THE TIME OF YOUR ENQUIRY AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR BUSHBREAKS & MORE CONSULTANT FOR A QUOTE.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are strictly based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Guests will be collected at 12h00 from the West Gate. Departure from Nedile back to the West Gate is at 11h30.
- Gate transfers other than the allocated time must be requested in advance with management & if available will be charged as below:
- R 390 per vehicle one way when prepaid / R 440 per vehicle one way when paid at the lodge direct. (Subject to change)
- A Welgevonden Gate Levy/Park Fee applies and will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking:
- R 240 per person per night until 29 February 2024. (Subject to change without prior notice)
- R 245 per person per night from 01 March 2024. (Subject to change without prior notice)
- Please request special discounted rates for single accommodation from your BushBreaks & More consultant.
- Children under the age of 10 years are not permitted, unless the lodge is booked out on an exclusive use basis and pay the normal adult sharing rate. Special authorization will be required from the owners of Nedile Lodge.
- Children aged 10 years and older are welcome at Nedile Lodge and pay the normal adult rate.
- There are no safety rails around the private decks and the landscape lends itself to several precipices.
- There is no fence around the lodge and wild animals roam freely on the property.
- There are no babysitting facilities.
- Children are allowed on game drives at the discretion of management and the game ranger.
About Nedile Lodge
For travelers seeking a genuine Out-of-Africa -style getaway, which enables them to experience the magnificence of the Big 5, while unwinding within the peaceful comforts of a luxury private game reserve, Nedile Lodge is the right place to be.
At Nedile one is not only assured of superb accommodation and service, but also the finest natural splendors that Mother Nature herself has to offer. This beautiful bushveld environment is home to some of Africa’s most sought after, mysterious and elusive species of game, including one of the largest collections of white rhino to be kept on private land. The reserve also houses the remaining four animals that make up Africa’s Big 5 – lion, leopard, elephant and buffalo.
- Two of the suites may be used as family units
- Private veranda
- Indoor and outdoor showers
- Invitingly luxurious bathroom
About Welgevonden Game Reserve
The 36 000 hectare (more than 80000 acre) Welgevonden Private Game Reserve is situated in the heart of the Waterberg, and boasts beautifully unspoilt, malaria-free bushveld. The area will soon expand to approximately 100,000 hectares as the Welgevonden Game Reserve merges with the Marakele National Park.
This spectacular reserve is not only home to Africa’s magnificent Big 5, but also houses a vast array of bird and animal life, including giraffe, kudu, impala, wildebeest, red hartebeest, tsessebe, gemsbok, waterbuck and bush pigs.
Welgevonden is also a sanctuary for some of Africa’s rare and unusual animal species like the brown hyena, aardwolf, aardvark and honey badger – all best spotted during evening game drives.
The diverse habitat on the reserve welcomes and provides for a wide range of animal and bird life. While the grassy plains of the reserve absolutely abound with antelope – from the largest eland to the most diminutive duiker – the cheetah, lion and leopard are also always close by.
Rolling wooded mountains cut by deep rocky ravines and majestic gorges make Welgevonden Private Game Reserve an evocative piece of Africa. Aptly meaning ‘well found’, this is a place of rare and rugged beauty, plentiful wildlife and prolific birdlife. Spectacular scenery and excellent game viewing make Welgevonden quite unlike anywhere else on earth.
- Game viewing in open vehicles
- Guided walks
- Rock swimming pool
FROM OR TAMBO INTERNATIONAL
- Take the N1 – Pretoria to Polokwane (Pietersburg).
- There are three tollgates to take into consideration: 1 – Pumulani : 2 – The Carousel : 3 – Kranskop
- At the Kranskop Plaza tollgate use the left gate on to the R33 to Modimolle (Nylstroom) which is 10.3km further.
- Go straight through Modimolle towards Vaalwater for 66.6km.
- Pass straight through Vaalwater. Do not turn off anywhere.
- After Vaalwater past the garage, (Spar on left hand side), continue straight on the road towards Bulgerivier and Thabazimbi.
24.3km out of Vaalwater you will find the Welgevonden Main Gate on your left hand side coming from Vaalwater. Please DO NOT take the Welgevonden Main Gate entrance – Keep on going for 23km further. On your left hand side you will see the road sign Schoongelegen turnoff. Turn left onto Schoongelegen dirt road. There is a road sign indicating the Welgevonden West Gate. Continue along this road for a further 16.3km past Manual Gate to the West Gate on your left hand side.
Travelling time from the Vaalwater (Spar) to the Welgevonden West Gate is approximately 45 minutes.
Please confirm your estimated time of arrival at the West Gate. You will be picked up at the gate with an open game viewer. In the park you are on a scenic game drive for anything between 20 minutes to hours depending on the game viewing. Your vehicle will stay at the West Gate parked behind elephant proof electric fences with 24 hours security.