- Well situation in a 11 500 hectare concession within KNP. The entrance to the lodge is just before Numbi Gate..
- Game viewing is done on the lodge game vehicles within the concession area. One also has the options to self-drive into KNP, for this one needs to pay the Kruger National Park Entrance fees.
- Guests can enjoy specialty South African cuisine in different ways, such as open air boma’s, in the lodge restaurant or an extraordinary bush braai under the stars with nothing but the wonderful sounds of nature surrounding you.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChildren of all ages welcome
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationThe Kruger National Park
4 hours drive from Johannesburg
45 minute flight from OR Tambo International Airport to KMIA
150 x Basic Tented Suites
(8 of which are wheelchair accesssible)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends (06 to 09 August 2021, 23 to 26 September 2021 & 16 December 2021 to 05 January 2022)
- All prices quoted are based on a minimum stay of two nights. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates exclude a traversing area entrance fee of R 105 per person per day payable directly at the camp, subject to change.
- Kruger National Park gate fees must be settled directly at the gate on entry into the park and are subject to change:
- South African Residents – Adult: ZAR 110 per adult per day & ZAR 55 per child per day.
- SADC Residents – Adult: ZAR 200 per adult per day & ZAR 100 per child per day.
- International Residents – Adult: ZAR 400 per adult per day & ZAR 200 per child per day.
- Kruger National Park gate entry times are as follows:
- Jan, Feb, Nov & Dec 05h30 – 18h30
- Mar & Oct 05h30 – 18h00
- Apr, Aug & Sep 06h00 – 18h00
- May, Jun, Jul 06h00 – 17h30
- All visitors who are 18 years and older, must produce a positive identity document for scanning in order to gain access to the Kruger National Park:
- SA Residents must produce their SA ID document or Driver’s Licence.
- Non SA Residents must produce their passports.
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- All the tents at Nkambeni are a standard size and can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 12 years, sharing with their parents.
- Children 12 years and older will be accommodated in their own tent.
- Children 12 years and older pay the normal adult rates.
- Children under 12 years sharing with 2 adults stay for free (max 2 children) & only pay for meals on consumption. Applicable to the SADC Residents Special Offer valid until 31 January 2022, excluding peak periods.
- Children are allowed on game drives at the discretion of Lodge Management and the Ranger.
- Children are charged the same rate for the game drives as adults, irrespective of their age.
- It is recommended that families with children under 7 years of age, request private shorter game drives.
- Conservation and/or gate fees are excluded and are to be settled at the lodge direct.
About Nkambeni Tented Camp
Nkambeni Safari Camp is situation in a 11 500 hectare concession within KNP with the entrance to the lodge is just before Numbi Gate., boasting the Big Five as well as other wildlife. This stunning camp offers 150 permanent luxury timber & canvas suites which are designed to keep the natural habitat intact. Game viewing is done on the lodge game vehicles within the concession area. One also has the options to self-drive into KNP, for this one needs to pay the Kruger National Park Entrance fees. Sustainable & responsible tourism forms a big part of Nkambeni and therefore the lodge meets all eco-friendly criteria.
Guests can enjoy speciality South African cuisine in the spacious restaurant, at a log fire boma private dinner or a have an extraordinary bush braai under the stars around a fire whilst being surrounded by the sounds of Africa.
There are also a wide range of activities that guests can experience such as sundowners, morning & afternoon game drives and bush walks which allow guests to see the smaller details of the Kruger National Park.
The focus at Nkambeni Safari Camp is to keep the natural environment untouched. The overall construction of the lodge is low maintenance & this means that the accommodation is quite affordable. All these factors come together with luxury & comfort making it easy to enjoy nature the way it is meant to be. The tented suites are constructed in such a manner that it conforms to the highest standards of low impact eco-friendly criteria.
Each air conditioned tented suite boasts two extra length beds, fold out bunk beds for children, a bathroom with an indoor & outdoor and a tea and coffee station.
Experiences at Nkambeni Safari Camp
With the option of morning & afternoon game drives, guests can experience all facets of the reserve. Each game drive is different and that is what makes it so unique.
Game drives are conducted in open 4 x 4 safari vehicles which are driven by friendly guides who ensure that each guests is treated with great service.
Night drives are especially spectacular as one gets to experience the nocturnal activities & sounds of nature in an up close & personal way.
This is also the best time for game viewing as large predators are on the prowl & begin to hunt.
Complete your night drive and experience by enjoying sundowners while the bush comes alive just before sunset. Along with great sundowners, a bush braai under the African sky is the perfect ending to any night.
For guests who are more adventurous, bush walks are perfect as one can see the finer details of the Kruger National park. The guides have extensive knowledge of the African bush including animal tracking.
Apart from the activities stated above guests can also experience the following (upon request):
Nkambeni Safari Camp offers the following on request by special arrangement:
|Traditional African entertainment, such as traditional dancers, Marimbas and gumboot dancing.|Traditional Afrikaans dinners|Excursions to Nkambeni’s additional community projects, such as the community schools, feeding schemes, bore holes, food gardens and anti-rhino poaching talks.
Additional activities in the Lowveld area:|Panorama route|Enjoy a visit the many waterfalls in the area.|Experience the amazing view from God’s Window|Visit the Bourkes Luck Potholes.|Drive through the Blyde River canyon, the largest green canyon in the world.|Experience the Gold Digger’s history at Pilgrim’s Rest.|Elephant encounters|Visits to Chimp Eden|Golf courses – Skukuza / Kruger Park lodge / Sabi River Sun etc.
- Travel time from O.R Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg is approximately 4 to 5 hours.
- Take into consideration the Numbi gate closing times.
Kruger National Park gate entry times are as follows:– Jan, Feb, Nov & Dec 05h30 – 18h30– Mar & Oct 05h30 – 18h00– Apr, Aug & Sep 06h00 – 18h00– May, Jun, Jul 06h00 – 17h30
- Please notify the lodge immediately in the event that arrival time will be after gate closing times, in order for a permit to be arranged.
- Travel on the N12 from Kempton Park. Merge onto the N12 via the ramp to Emalahleni.
- Follow N12 and N4 to R36 in Mpumalanga. Exit from N4.
- Take the exit toward R36.
- Continue onto R539. Turn left onto N4.
- Take R40 and R538 to your destinationTurn right and take 2nd exit at roundabout. At next roundabout take the 1st exit onto R37.
- Turn left onto Madiba Drive. Turn left onto Danie Joubert St. Turn right onto Tom Lawrence St.
- Turn left onto the R40. At roundabout take the 2nd exit towards Hazyview.
- At the T-Junction turn right onto R538 towards Numbi gate.
- At the next T-Junction turn left and continue to Numbi gate.
- On your left hand side a large board will indicate Nkambeni Safari Camp where you will turn left onto the gravel road.