- Located in the malaria free Big 5 Welgevonden Game Reserve, Nungubane Game Lodge is strategically placed at the top of a hill commanding spectacular views of the bushveld & valleys below.
- With five luxurious air conditioned chalets and only being able to accommodate 10 guests at a time each chalet boasts panoramic views making this the perfect retreat for couples.
- Guests can make use of a game viewing hide which is protected by an electric fence securing the Lodge from predators and big game as it overlooks a waterhole it is the prime spot for spectacular sightings.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChildren from 12 years of age are welcome
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Only
- Cellphone SignalYes - MTN Only
- Malaria AreaNo
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationWelgevonden Game Reserve
3 – 4 drive from Johannesburg to the West Gate of Welgevonden Game Reserve.
5 Luxury thatched Chalets
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA/SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for Residents are available on request.
- Welgevonden Park Fee payable directly to the Lodge is R 250 per person per night. Payable on departure & subject to change.
- Guests will be collected at the West Gate of the Welgevonden in a Game Viewer at 12h30. The drive from here is 30 minutes. On the day of departure, guests will be transferred back to the West Gate at 11h30.
- Gate transfers other than the allocated time must be requested in advance with management & if available will be charged at: R 550 per transfer per way. (Subject to change)
- Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for single accommodation rates.
- Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted at Nungubane Game Lodge..
- Children 12 years and older pay the full adult rates.
About Nungubane Game Lodge
This superb lodge is a mere three hours from Johannesburg, set in the sprawling wilderness of the Welgevonden Private Game Reserve and can accommodate a total of 10 guests in 5 spacious and luxurious chalets, offering an intimate and elegant experience.
Malaria Free and in the heart of the spectacular Waterberg, Nungubane is surrounded by 33000 hectare of raw African bush offering superb Big 5 game viewing.
- King size double or twin single beds
- Bathroom en-suite with bath, shower, toilet & outside shower
- Private deck
- Coffee & tea making stations
- Over-head fans
About Welgevonden Game Reserve
Rolling wooded mountains cut by deep rocky ravines and majestic gorges make Welgevonden Private Game Reserve an evocative piece of Africa. Aptly meaning ‘well found’, this is a place of rare and rugged beauty, plentiful wildlife and prolific birdlife. Spectacular scenery and excellent game viewing make Welgevonden quite unlike anywhere else on earth. To visit here is to experience the spirit of true wilderness.
Welgevonden is home to over 50 different mammals, including the Big Five, and boasts one of the largest populations of white rhino on a private reserve anywhere in Africa. There are rare and unusual species too, such as brown hyena, aardwolf and aardvark – all best seen at night. The grassy plains abound with antelope from the largest eland to the diminutive duiker, and cheetah, lion and leopard are always close by. It is the diversity of habitat on the reserve that encourages such a wide range of wildlife as well as over 250 bird species, including rare blue cranes.
At 36 000 hectares in size, Welgevonden Private Game Reserve lies in the Waterberg plateau, just north of Johannesburg. Here guests enjoy unlimited traversing through the reserve and experience an environment where biodiversity conservation and game viewing are managed in harmony. Welgevonden protects an unique and special environment and the reserve’s management is deeply committed to ongoing conservation research and development.
The evocative wilderness area offers an exclusive, intimate experience of the African bush with only a limited number of guests having access to the reserve at any one time. No private vehicles are permitted, which ensures minimal human impact and the ultimate wilderness experience. Historically, wildlife on the reserve has never been hunted so game viewing is always up close and personal. There is also ancient and delicate Bushman rock art on Welgevonden.
Welgevonden offers the discerning visitor something completely different. This is mountain bushveld with rivers running through it and sweeping views to far horizons. It’s high altitude, temperate climate and malaria free makes it worth a visit all year round. Welgevonden is certainly one of the finest places to watch wildlife, sense wilderness and touch the spirit of true Africa.
Sleepout Deck/ Treehouse
FROM JOHANNESBURG, PRETORIA & OR TAMBO INTERNATIONAL
- Take the N1 North from Johannesburg to Polokwane
- At the Kranskop Toll Plaza turn left to the town of Modimolle. Drive through the town of Modilmolle and Vaalwater.
- 47 Km from Vaalwater turn left on to the Schoongelegen dirt road – look out for the sign Welgevonden Game Reserve West Gate
- After passing through a security check point, travel for another 17km until you arrive at The West Gate on your left.
- Check in at the West Gate and complete the reserve gate pass. Hand the gate pass to the Nungubane Game Lodge Representative.
- Representatives from Nungubane Game Lodge will meet you in the car park and transfer you to the Lodge.