- Oceana Beach & Wildlife Reserve in Port Alfred, Eastern Cape, South Africa offers ultra-luxurious accommodation that includes a select group of unique guest suites in the Ocean Lodge and Private Ocean House as well as spectacular individual private chalets. Our Africa-shaped knife-edge pool has a marked point where you can rest your chin that is the absolute centre of Oceana.
- Weddings – Oceana Beach & Wildlife Reserve is perfectly poised to make your special day an incredible one, the ebb and tide of the Ocean and the hills of the Reserve – forming a perfect backdrop to the ceremony.
- Exotic flavours from locally sourced produce are blended together to create the distinctive and delicious cuisine at Oceana Beach & Wildlife Reserve.
- Big FiveNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolPool At Main Area (not Heated) And Plunge Pool At Private House (not Heated)
- SPAFull Spa
- Malaria AreaNo
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationPort Alfred, Eastern Cape
Situated 9km East of Port Alfred on the R72
1 hour and 40 minutes drive from East London
1 hour and 45 minutes to two hour’s drive from Port Elizabeth
3 Lodge Suites (sleeps 2) with private wooden deck
4 Ocean Suites (king size beds) with private wooden deck
2 Pool Suites: 1 x King Bed, 1 x double sleeper couch, 1 x added single bed
Private Ocean House (Min 4 / Max 6 guests) with private plunge pool surrounded by a wooden deck
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- There will be a 50% single supplement on the per person sharing rate.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Oceana Beach & Wildlife Reserve.
- Children aged 0-3 years are accommodated on a complimentary basis, when sharing with 2 adults.
- Children aged 4 -11 years pay 50% of the adult sharing rate, when sharing with 2 adults.
- Children 12 years old are considered adults and will therefore require a separate room at the applicable rate.
- Children sharing with adults will be accommodated in a cot or on a sleeper couch, depending on their age and subject to the availability of cots and sleeper couches.
- There is no age restriction for children on game drives. If children cannot be accommodated on the normal game drives because of other guests a separate game drive can be arranged. This however will be discussed with guests on arrival.
About Oceana Beach & Wildlife Reserve
Surrounded by 1 000 hectares of lush green vegetation and rolling grasslands, Oceana is set high up with a magnificent panorama of the warm Indian Ocean and sweeping pristine white beaches. Explore this unique wildlife reserve where world-class snorkeling and game fishing are bare footsteps away. The impressive thatched main Ocean Lodge has spectacular sweeping views of the ocean and beaches.
Spacious, stylish luxury private chalets have been designed to maximize the views and each has a his and hers marble bathroom with an outdoor shower. Three open-plan guest suites are set downstairs in the Ocean Lodge and for maximum exclusivity; the stylish Private Ocean House has three bedrooms and offers an ideal option for families and small groups.
Oceana is home to buffalo, giraffe, sable, black impala and zebra amongst others. Photo safaris with expert guides in open vehicles or guided walks will introduce you to these animals in their natural environment. Enjoy a romantic beach picnic and superb dining overlooking the ocean. Take a leisurely stroll or relax on the beach or at the rim-flow pool watching the Humpback and Southern Right whales or dolphins.
- 4 poster king size beds in the Ocean Suites
- En-suite bath and separate shower and toilet
- Flat screen television, Satellite channels, radio, DC Player & DVD player
- Sleeper couches for children sharing with their parents in the Ocean Suites
- Air conditioning/heating
- Under floor heating
- 400 Thread-count-sheets
- Heated towel rails
- Seperate dressing areas
- Electronic safe
- Tea & Coffee making facilities
- Writing desk
- Game drives – species include buffalo, giraffe, blue wildebeest, zebra, sable, black impala and antelope
- Private game drives
- Bush and beach picnics
- Beach walks
- Rock and surf fishing
- Indoor games for the whole family
- Whale watching from the lodge
FROM EAST LONDON
- From East London-Take the R72 towards Port Alfred for approximately 130km and turn left at the Oceana sign. Follow the paved road, through the gate until reception is reached.
- From Port Elizabeth- Follow the N2 and take the R72 exit through Alexandria, Kenton on Sea and Port Alfred. Turn right at the Ocean sign, approximately 9km outside of Port Alfred. Follow the paved road, through the gate until reception is reached.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults