- Discover nature’s hidden wonders in specially tailored walking trails
- Sleepouts – elevated wooden platforms 4 metres high.
- Where you will be sleeping outdoors under the stars!
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyNo children under 12 years
- PoolPlunge Pool
- AirconFans Only
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationKruger National Park
6.5 hour drive from Johannesburg. SA Airlink operate daily flights from OR Tambo Johannesburg Airport to Skukuza Airstrip ? 25 minutes from the Lodge. Daily scheduled flights from OR Tambo Johannesburg to KMIA(Nelspruit), followed by a 3 hour road transfer.
4 x Luxury twin African Explorer style Tents, en suite with indoor shower
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
ALL SPECIAL RATES LISTED ABOVE ARE STRICTLY FOR SA/SADC RESIDENTS.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends (Easter Weekend & Festive Season, 15 December to 10 January)
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Guests must meet at Rhino Post before 2 p.m. in order to be transferred across to Plains Camp at 2 p.m. with any other guests.
- Last minute rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents.
- Discounted rates for Overseas Residents are available on request.
- Kruger National Park gate fees must be settled directly at the gate on entry into the park and are subject to change without prior notice:
- South African Residents Adult: ZAR 105 per adult per day & ZAR 53 per child per day.
- SADC Residents Adult: ZAR 200 per adult per day & ZAR 100 per child per day.
- International Residents Adult: ZAR 400 per adult per day & ZAR 200 per child per day.
- Kruger National Park gate entry times are as follows:
- Jan, Feb, Nov & Dec 05h30 – 18h30
- Mar & Oct 05h30 – 18h00
- Apr, Aug & Sep 06h00 – 18h00
- May, Jun, Jul 06h00 – 17h30
- All visitors who are 18 years and older, must produce a positive identity document for scanning in order to gain access to the Kruger National Park:
- SA Residents must produce their SA ID document or Driver’s Licence.
- Non SA Residents must produce their passports.
- Single accommodation will be charged an extra 30% single supplement.
- Children aged 12 years and older are welcome at Rhino Walking Safaris – Plains Camp.
- Plains Camp cannot accommodate any triple sharing rooms therefore children 12 – 18 years will be accommodated in their own rooms and pay full adult rates.
About Plains Camp @ Rhino Walking Safaris
Plains Camp offers 4 twin comfortably furnished African explorer style tents, en suite with indoor shower, hot running water and all the comforts of home with the African Wilderness on your doorstep. Built in authentic pioneer tradition, it has the serenity of a 19th century naturalists rest, nestled in an Acacia Knobthornthicket
SLEEP-OUTS (must be pre-booked)
Guests arrive on foot at the platforms in the early evening carrying a light weight rucksack containing a change of clothes and refreshments. After arriving and choosing their platform, sundowners are enjoyed overlooking a waterhole. The guide starts preparing a traditional braai for the evening meal.
- En-suite with indoor shower & hot running water
- The tents are all twin bedded
- Overhead fans
- Mosquito nets
- Safe & Hair dryer
Waterhole/ Hide/ Riverfront Feature
- Sleep-Outs: need to be pre booked (subject to availability) and are based on a “first come, first serve basis”.
Take the N12 / N4 highway to Nelspruit.
From Nelspruit, take the R40 through White River and onto Hazyview.
At Hazyview turn right onto the R536 towards Paul Kruger Gate, Kruger National Park.
Once through the gate, drive straight (on the H11) for approximately 12km. You will reach a four-way crossing (do not take the left turning to Skukuza Camp unless you want to do some shopping, see the camp, have rest break or you have some spare time).
Proceed straight for another 2km until you reach a T-junction.
Turn left at this junction, cross the low water bridge over the Sabi River and continue for approximately 1km until you reach another four-way crossing, where you turn right (onto the H1-2).
Approximately 4km later you will cross the Sand River.
Again, keep heading straight and approximately 1km after the second Maroela Loop turning; you will see a dirt road on the left, signposted “Rhino Walking Safaris”.
Turn left (ignoring the No Entry Sign) and proceed for 2.5km. The road will then turn sharply left, with Rhino Post Safari Lodge a further 2.7km on.
Notes on Entering the Kruger Park
The Kruger National Park has several entrance gates, although Rhino Walking Safari guests are advised to enter through Paul Kruger Gate, as it is the closest to the lodge. Guests must enter the Kruger Gate 45 minutes before closing time to allow sufficient time to drive to Rhino Post.