- Rhino Post Safari Lodge is situated within the Mutlumuvi Private Concession, 12,000 hectares of exclusive traversing in the Kruger National Park.
- The Lodge overlooks the spectacular Timbitene Plain and waterhole.
- Stilts raise the 8 spaciously appointed suites from the riverbank allowing guests to view the Mutlumuvi riverbed with ease from the bedroom, bathroom and private wooden deck.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- SPANo, however massage treatments available on request
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationKruger National Park
6.5 hour drive from Johannesburg. SA Airlink operate daily flights from OR Tambo Johannesburg Airport to Skukuza Airstrip ? 25 minutes from the Lodge. Daily scheduled flights from OR Tambo Johannesburg to KMIA(Nelspruit), followed by a 3 hour road transfer.
8 Bush Suites
The suites are set out in an open plan style with wooden floors, thatched roofs, canvas walls and an overhead fan
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
ALL SPECIAL RATES LISTED ABOVE ARE STRICTLY FOR SA/SADC RESIDENTS.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA/SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Kruger National Park gate fees must be settled directly at the gate on entry into the park and are subject to change without prior notice:
- South African Residents Adult: ZAR 105 per adult per day & ZAR 53 per child per day.
- SADC Residents Adult: ZAR 200 per adult per day & ZAR 100 per child per day.
- International Residents Adult: ZAR 400 per adult per day & ZAR 200 per child per day.
- Kruger National Park gate entry times are as follows:
- Jan, Feb, Nov & Dec 05h30 – 18h30
- Mar & Oct 05h30 – 18h00
- Mar & Oct 05h30 – 18h00
- May, Jun, Jul 06h00 – 17h30
- All visitors who are 18 years and older, must produce a positive identity document for scanning in order to gain access to the Kruger National Park:
- SA Residents must produce their SA ID document or Driver’s Licence.
- Non SA Residents must produce their passports.
- Sleep Out is available at Rhino Post however there will be an additional charge for 3 persons or less. Subject to availability.
- Single accommodation will be charged an extra 30% single supplement.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Children 3 years and under stay free of charge.
- Children aged 4 – 12 years pay 50% of the adult rate.
- Children aged 13 – 16 years pay 75% of the adult rate when sharing with 2 adults.
- Only 1 additional child (16 years and under) can be accommodated to share with 2 adults on a ‘roll-away bed’.
- Children under 6 years of age are not permitted on game drives. A private vehicle may be booked at an additional cost, which needs to be booked in advance if required.
About Rhino Post Safari Lodge
Stilts raise the 8 spaciously appointed suites from the riverbank allowing guests to view the Mutlumuvi riverbed with ease from the bedroom, bathroom and private wooden deck. The suites are set out in an open plan style with wooden floors, thatched roofs, canvas walls and an overhead fan. Each en suite bathroom includes a deep, freestanding bath, „his and hers‟ basins, a separate toilet and an outdoor shower protected by thick reed poles. The bathroom floor is attractively decorated with delicate mosaic designs complimenting the contemporary floor. All the suites have mini-bars and telephones linked to all areas. Air-conditioning in dining area only.Built using natural materials of stone, wood, thatch & canvas, the utmost care was taken to minimize the environmental impact of the lodge, and to that end, no concrete was used in the buildings foundations. Careful consideration was taken in the layout of the camp, battery power is used for lighting, special indigenous Reed bed System processes the bathroom waste, and other waste is sorted and recycled wherever possible.
- En-suite bedrooms with separate toilet
- Outdoor shower
- Overhead fans
- Mini bar
- Small balcony overlooking river bed
- Mosquito nets
- Hair dryer
About The Kruger National Park
The world-renowned Kruger National Park offers a wildlife experience second to none. At nearly two million hectares, it is the largest game reserve in South Africa, stretching 350km along the Mozambican border and is, on average, 60km wide. It is unrivalled in its diversity of species and is a recognized leader in environmental management techniques and policies.
Rhino Walking Safaris and Rhino Post Safari Lodge are situated within the Mutlumuvi Private Concession, 12,000 hectares of exclusive traversing in the Kruger National Park. The concession lies approximately 10km North East (as the hornbill flies) of Skukuza Rest Camp. It shares a 15km unfenced boundary with Mala Mala in the Sabi Sand. The concession comprises of environmentally sensitive areas previously unexplored, with huge diversity of both fauna and flora –an ideal setting for wilderness walking safaris in an internationally renowned big five area.
Waterhole/ Hide/ Riverfront Feature
- Take the N12 / N4 highway to Nelspruit. From Nelspruit, take the R40 through White River and onto Hazyview. At Hazyview turn right onto the R536 towards Paul Kruger Gate, Kruger National Park.
- Once through the gate, drive straight (on the H11) for approximately 12km. You will reach a four-way crossing (do not take the left turning to Skukuza Camp unless you want to do some shopping, see the camp, have rest break or you have some spare time).
- Proceed straight for another 2km until you reach a T-junction. Turn left at this junction, cross the low water bridge over the Sabi River and continue for approximately 1km until you reach another four-waycrossing, where you turn right (onto the H1-2).
- Approximately 4km later you will cross the Sand River.
- Again, keep heading straight and approximately 1km after the second Maroela Loop turning; you will seea dirt road on the left, signposted “Rhino Walking Safaris”.
- Turn left (ignoring the No Entry Sign) andproceed for 2.5km. The road will then turn sharply left, with Rhino Post Safari Lodge a further 2.7km on.
Notes on Entering the Kruger Park:
The Kruger National Park has several entrance gates, although Rhino Walking Safari guests are advised to enter through Paul Kruger Gate, as it is the closest to the lodge. Guests must enter the Kruger Gate 45 minutes before closing time to allow sufficient time to drive to Rhino Post. Guests who know in advance that they will be unable to make the gate 45-minutes before closing time can arrive as late as 7pm. There will however, be a surcharge per vehicle (refer to rates) for an escort to accompany guests to the lodge. Prior arrangements are necessary to ensure this is available.