- Rhulani Safari Lodge is situated in the Malaria-Free Big Five Madikwe Game Reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, heated plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable safari game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes for big 5 sightings
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - Private Plunge Pool (Heated)
- SPAIn-room Massages
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationMadikwe Game Reserve
4 hour drive from Johannesburg. 2 hour drive from Sun City.
Daily charter flights into Madikwe Game Reserve from Johannesburg.
6 x Luxury Private Chalets
1 x Luxury Private Chalet Premium
1 x Luxury Family Suite
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
MIN/MAX 3 NIGHT STAY SPECIAL OFFER!
From R 3,440 per person per night sharing a Luxury Private Chalet.
Valid 08 January – 28 February 2022.
- Based on the above last minute special offers! (Bookings within 14 days of travel)
- Long stay special offer based on a 3 night stay.
- On request and subject to availability.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to SA/SADC Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Gate Fees to be paid directly at the Lodge – R 180 per adult per stay & R 80 per child (3-12 years) per stay. For guests flying in, the gate fees are R 240 per adult per stay and R 150 per child (3-12 years) per stay. Rates are subject to change.
- A Madikwe Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R 165 per adult per night & R 82.50 per child (3 – 12 years) per night applies. The fees are subject to change and to be settled at the lodge direct.
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person rate for single accommodation in a Luxury Private Chalet.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Children between the ages of 0 – 5 years stay free of charge.
- Maximum 1 child is accepted in a Private Chalet on a stretcher bed.
- Children between the ages of 6 – 15 years will pay 50% of the adult rate when sharing with 2 adults.
- Children 15 years & older will pay the full adult rate & will be accommodated in their own room.
- Generally, except where children are accommodated on safari by means of a ‘bush bumble’, children under the age of 6 years will not be permitted on game drives.
- Children between the ages of 6 & 12 years are permitted on drives at the discretion of the game ranger.
About Rhulani Safari Lodge
Rhulani Safari Lodge is situated within the magnificent 75,000 hectare malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve – home to the Big 5 and a myriad of other animal and bird species. The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Rhulani. A wonderful welcome awaits you at the main lodge, Rhulani means “Relax” so sit back and enjoy! You are invited you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with the friendly lodge staff.
At the main lodge area water cascades gently into the meandering rock pool around which you will find ample sun or shade provided by beautiful old Marula trees, an ideal spot for quiet contemplation. Indoors and outdoors merge effortlessly at Rhulani, ensuring you magnificent views of the bush. The main area is very spacious with a indoor and outdoor lounge area, library and dining room. The impressive Boma is set just beyond the main pool.
You can enjoy total privacy and your own plunge pool which is heated in winter, indoor and outdoor showers while you pamper yourself in the spacious luxury of your chalet. Sensational game viewing opportunities await you at Rhulani.
Whether from the open Land Rover or on foot with your experienced game ranger or from right in front of the lodge at the nearby water-hole.
The beautiful conference centre accommodates up to 30 delegates around a unique Leadwood conference table. There are nine rooms available at Rhulani however overflow can possibly be arranged at neighbouring 5 star lodges
- Luxury en-suite chalets
- A luxury family suite
- Private decks with private plunge pools
- Indoor and outdoor showers
- Nespresso coffee machine with a selection of complimentary capsules
About Madikwe Game Reserve
Herman Charles Bosman has woven many a tale about Abjaterskop and the Marico River. It is perhaps he that best describes the vast area where enselsberg rise from the savannahs and an area that is given life from the Marico River. This is the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve, 75 000 hectares of unique topography and breathtaking beauty, it is also the home to the big 5, wild dog, cheetah and a large variety of mammal and bird life.
This 75 000 hectare reserve is situated in the North-West province of South Africa, on the border with Botswana. The large diversity of vegetation and ecozones allows for a rich diversity of game and bird species to inhabit the reserve.
- Observation Hide
- From a comfortably furnished, underground lounge right by the watering hole, you have the opportunity to observe the wild animals up close.
- From the main area, you walk quietly through a tunnel so that the animals at the waterhole will not notice that you will be right next to them. The floor-level windows give you a whole new experience of looking at the animals from a frog’s perspective and taking unique photos.
- For passionate animal lovers, our hide is also an ideal place to rest and linger. Have a coffee or drink a beer here and be curious about which and how many animals will come around to drink water.
- The hide is also open at night, so with a little luck you may see animals that are more difficult to find during the day: a spotted hyena, or maybe even a leopard?
- The suggested route from Johannesburg is via Krugersdorp, Magaliesburg, Derby, Koster, Swartruggens and Zeerust.
- From Johannesburg head north west on R24 to Magaliesburg once in Magaliesburg, follow Route 509 to Derby, Koster and Swartruggens.
- From Swartruggens follow the N4 “Toll Road” to Zeerust once in Zeerust, turn right at Gabarone/Madikwe signs on Route R49.
- Pass the Abjaterskop Gate (first entrance to Madikwe), 7Kms before the Wonderboom gate.
- Enter Madikwe Game Reserve at the Wonderboom gate, 97Km north of Zeerust.