- Based in a Malaria free Game Reserve
- Unforgettable safari game drive experiences
- Small intimate lodge with only 14 guests maximum
- Amazing views of the private waterhole from the hide which is exclusive to Rockfig guests
- Three private villas and one Family House with private viewing deck
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyYes – In the Family House Only
- SPAYes - On request
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- Wheelchair FriendlyNo
LocationMadikwe Game Reserve
4.5 Hours from OR Tambo International Airport
Inkwe Family House – 3 Bedrooms each with en-suite bathroom (6 guests)
Tshukudu Villa – 1 Bedroom (2 guests)
Nare Villa – 1 Bedroom (2 guests)
Tlou Villa – 2 Bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms (4 guests)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Inkwe Family House rates, per night, are available on request: up to minimum 4 and maximum 6 guests.
- Madikwe Game Reserve Gate Fees to be paid directly at the Lodge: R 180 per adult per stay & R 85 per child (3 – 12 years) per stay. For guests flying in, the gate fees are R 240 per adult per stay and R 150 per child (3 – 12 years) per stay. (Subject to change)
A Madikwe Conservation Levy of R 165 per adult per night & R 82.50 per child (3 – 12 years) per night applies. The fees are subject to change and are to be settled at the lodge direct.
- Single accommodation rates in a Luxury Villas are available on request. Please ask your BushBreaks consultant for quote.
- Rates for the Inkwe Family House are per night and available on request.
- Luxury Villas:
- No children under the age of 13 years permitted.
- Children age 13 and over pay the full adult rate.
- Inkwe Family House:
- Children of all ages are welcome in Inkwe Family House.
- Children aged 2 and under stay free of charge.
- Children aged 3 to 12 years pay 50% of the adult rate.
- Children aged 13 years and over pay the adult rate.
- Children of all ages will be permitted on game drive when staying in the Inkwe Family House.
- A private game drive vehicle needs to be booked should children be staying in any of the other villas.
About Rockfig Lodge Madikwe
Rock Fig is a privately owned safari lodge which is situated in the Western sector of Madikwe Game Reserve. Our intention is to provide you an outstanding African safari experience. Rockfig Lodge is a small, private and intimate space where you have the freedom to design your own unique safari experience and make memories that will last you a lifetime. Unwind in luxury in our modern villas that are equipped with all amenities to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The rooms are tastefully decorated in simplistic tones with decor elements that remind you of the bushveld that awaits to be explored!
About The Accommodation:
Inkwe Family House has 3 bedrooms each with own en-suite bathroom. One room is a standard king bed and the other two rooms are twin beds. There is a huge swimming pool, private viewing deck, boma/braai area, large modern kitchen fully equipped, dining room and TV room with a TV. Perfect for families of all ages.
Tshukudu Villa has one bedroom with a standard king bed, en-suite bathroom with indoor and outdoor shower. Fully equipped modern kitchen, dining area, plunge pool, patio and outdoor braai/boma.
Nare Villa has one bedroom with a standard king bed, ensuite bathroom with indoor and outdoor shower. Fully equipped modern kitchen, dining area, plunge pool, patio and outdoor braai/boma.
Tlou Villa has two bedrooms with standard king bed, each room has en suite bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers. Fully equipped modern kitchen, dining area, plunge pool, patio and outdoor braai/boma.
All the villas and Family house have the following:
- Swimming pool/Plunge pool
- Pool with view
- Air conditioning
- Boma/Braai area
- Sitting area
- Sockets near the bed
- Amenities – shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, hand wash
- Free Wi-Fi
- Reserve Osmosis water
- Walking safari’s to be prearranged at an additional cost
- The Hide which is open at night, so with a little luck you may see animals that are more difficult to find during the day: a spotted hyena, or maybe even a leopard?
About Madikwe Game Reserve
Rockfig is situated in the North West sector of the Madikwe Game Reserve. Established in 1991, the reserve is some 75000 HA in size. It is one of the few game reserves in the world that has been established on the grounds of being the most sustainable and suitable land use in the area.
Due to the Madikwe area being predominantly farmland prior to 1991 there was not an abundance of game and therefore Operation Phoenix was started in 1992. To date it is the largest game restocking exercise ever undertaken, +- 8000 animals were relocated over a 7 year period from Gonarezhou National Park.
Madikwe Game Reserve consists of vast open plains of Woodlands and grasslands. The reserve is dissected by the rugged Rant van Twedepoort and is bordered in the South by the Dwarsberg Mountains.
The famous Mafikeng Road runs through the reserve. This road was known as a historical route long before the reserve was established. It’s path was used by traders, hunters, missionaries & explorers. King Mzilikazi of the Matabele tribe, passed through the Madikwe area many years ago on his way to expanding the Matabele kingdom.
Madikwe Game Reserve is very rich in fauna and flora with roghly 114 trees species. There are vast variety of antelope species and some of the larger game that you can encounter are lion, elephant, rhino (black & white), leopard & buffalo. Other Carnivores include wild dog, cheetah, brown and spotted hyena. For the bird enthusiasts, Madikwe location is in the transition zone between the bush veld ecological area of Southern Africa and the Kalahari thorn veld region ensuring an abundance of birdlife.
Directions from JHB/PTA
By Road From : Johannesburg & Pretoria
- Follow the N1 North to Pretoria.
- From Pretoria N1 take the N4 Highway to Rustenburg.
- Keep to the N4 which bypasses Rustenburg and head for Swartruggens.
- There is a R81.00 toll gate at Swartruggens.
- From Swartruggens, continue on to Zeerust.
- Please ignore all signs to Madikwe before Zeerust and enter the town itself.
- On entering the town of Zeerust, we advise that you fill your vehicle with either petrol/diesel.
- At the 4th intersection into the town of Zeerust there is a sign indicating the R49/R47 to
- GABORONE to the right.
- Take this right turn.
- Travel approximately 90km along this road towards Gaborone and then look for the WONDERBOOM GATE into the Madikwe Game Reserve on your right.
- Wonderboom Gate is the second gate on this road. (Do not turn into the first gate which is the Abajaterskop Gate)
- The gate guard will radio the lodge to notify them of your arrival.
- From Wonderboom gate head east until the lodges sign. Turn right at the sign in a southerly direction. Continue on the road until you get to the next lodges sign and turn left. Continue straight until you see the Rock Fig sign.
- The drive from Johanesburg is about 4,5 hours.
- Entering the reserve:
- Please make sure that you adhere to the speed limit of 30km/h
- You may encounter animals on your way to Rock Fig.
- Stay in your car at all times and refrain from driving close to the animals.
- If an elephant approaches you directly, slowly reverse, in order for the animal to continue on its intended path and then you can pass.