- Royal Palm Beachcomber is recognised as the most exclusive hotel in the Indian Ocean with only 69 suites for optimum privacy, exclusivity and unrivalled attention to detail.
- A high staff-to-guest ratio guarantees superb, tailor-made service.
- Situated on a prime beach location near the village of Grand Bay.
- Three swimming pools set in different locations including a quieter, haven-pool reserved for adults only.
- The children’s mini club is different from any other, housed in a traditional Creole house with a shallow splash pool.
- The Spa by Clarins is recognised by Leading Spas of the World.
- Luxurious chauffeur-driven sedan and SUV vehicles and helicopter services are available.
- Child PolicyAll Ages Welcome
- PoolSwimming pool & 3 heated pools
- SPASpa by Clarins
- Cellphone SignalYes & WiFi
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationNorth-West Coast of Mauritius, within walking distance of Grand Bay 75km from the Airport 25km from Port Louis
Return flights ex Johannesburg and return transfers to Royal Palm Hotel
27 Junior Suites
4 Tropical Suites
7 Palm Suites
15 Ocean Suites
3 Garden Suites
8 Senior Suites
3 Presidential Suites
1 Penthouse Suite
1 Royal Suite
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
PLEASE CONTACT BUSHBREAKS & MORE FOR A CUSTOM MADE PACKAGE TO SUITE YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Rates offered above are per person sharing. Please contact us for a single package price.
- Children of all ages allowed.
About Royal Palm Beachcomber
The Royal Palm hotel has hosted royals, political leaders, movie stars and sports stars who have enjoyed the privacy of its quiet beach, restaurants serving only the finest food and wines, and above all, the privilege of anonymity.
Accommodation at Royal Palm is exclusively in spacious and opulent suites a short stroll from the pristine beach.
Impeccably decorated with only the finest furniture and fabrics, and hand selected ornaments, the suites exude a stately ambience of pure luxury and sophistication.
All staff members are dedicated to creating an oasis of comfort and pleasure and the staff intuitively know that what makes Royal Palm different is the refinement and elegance.
BARS & RESTURANTS
Le Bar Plage. Resembling a desert island oasis, the bar is located at the edge of the beach on a wooden deck under the cool shade of a large Badamier tree. Light and classic lunch dishes are served daily. Satisfy your appetite without compromising your view of the beach.
La Goèlette. A romantic terrace restaurant that overlooks the magical indigo hues of the sea, La Goèlette offers a choice of gourmet dishes, prepared with flair by world-class chefs. Half board guests receive a credit each evening towards the courses, which are selected. Speciality dishes are available at the applicable supplement.
La Brezza. Descend a staircase to this restaurant, almost level with the enchanting moonlit sea – La Brezza will transport diners to the coast of the Mediterranean while dining on sumptuous Italian fare. Open for dinner. Half board guests receive a credit each evening towards the courses, which are selected. Speciality dishes are available at the applicable supplement.
The Captain’s Table. Small and understated, yet highly exclusive and elegant, this is the ideal place for those intimate, private dinners.
A word on Michel De Matteis – The Royal Palm’s executive chef
Since his arrival in November 2003, French starred-chef, Michel de Matteis, has lent his exceptional savoir-faire to the Royal Palm, leading gastronomic hotel in the Indian Ocean. Awarded the Meilleur ouvrier de France prize in 1991 and winner of the Pierre Taittinger culinary prize (beating 450 competitors), Michel’s career began at the Royal Monceau kitchens in Paris and has gained most of his experience in Parisian restaurants. He worked chez Taillèvent before joining the Saint James Club Hotel and then moving on to La Tour d’Argent as deputy chef. Then it was onto Hôtel du Château de Divonne, and 5 years as chef de cuisine at the Mirabeau Hotel’s La Coupole (1 Michelin star), in Monaco. His preference is for subtle flavours and his culinary repertoire can now be enjoyed at the Royal Palm’s three restaurants, La Goélette, La Brezza and Le Bar Plage.
While dress is casual during the day, evenings call for elegant evening dress, with collared shirts, long trousers and closed shoes for gentlemen.
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Luxurious, sophisticated and exclusive, Royal Palm Mauritius prides itself on being the most prestigious address in the Indian Ocean. It is also included in the list of Leading Hotels of the World and counts royals, heads of state as well as movie and sports stars among its regular clientele. Occupying a prime position on the north-west coast of Mauritius, the protected, discreet location is also very much sought after.
The calm waters lapping the beach are protected by the coral reef, making conditions perfect for swimming, water sports and sailing.
Relax in the most tranquil atmosphere and chic environment, and enjoy the peace and quiet of perfect luxury.
Mauritius is a year-round destination. Temperatures during the warm, dry months between April and October are usually in the mid-20s (degrees Celsius), rising to the upper 20s in the summer months between November and March.
During the summer months, tropical weather may cause storms and heavy rain, occasionally resulting in a cyclone.
- Furnished terrace
- Bathroom with bathtub, shower and seperate toliet
- Walk-in wardrobe
- Individual Safe
- Telephone with international direct dialing
- Flat screen TV (satellite channels)
- Complimentary Mini-bar (non-alcoholic drinks)
- Tea & Coffee
- Electronic Safe
- Pedalo boats
- Laser sailing craft
- Glass-bottom boat
- Squash court
- Tennis/floodlit courts
- Table tennis
- Bocciball, Hobiecats
- Stand Up Paddling
- Fitness & cardio room
- Catamaran cruises
- Deep-sea fishing
- Golf arranged at Paradis
- Speedboat excursions
- Scuba diving through a dive school
- Helicopter transfers to helipad on site
- Power Plates
- Chartering of The Royal Princess, Additional charge, At scheduled times Royal Palm Airport Port