- Sculpted into a slope of the earth, almost invisible in the landscape, the lodge uses texture, light and space to present a lodge like no other.
- 13 ultra-luxurious suites including the Amber Presidential Suite, the lodge breaks with traditional bush lodge style to create a masterpiece of artistry and innovation. Each of the suites at this luxury lodge features individually designed furniture, private plunge pool, en-suite glass fronted bathroom and indoor and outdoor shower.
- The outdoor boma, its walls sculpted from tree roots and piled up piece by piece, captures the drama of the African night and evokes the power of the wilderness.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyNo children under 13 years
- PoolYes - Private Plunge Pool (not heated)
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationSabi Sabi Private Game Reserve, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
5.5 hours by road from Johannesburg.
Federal Air & SA Airlink operate daily flights from Johannesburg International Airport (ORT) to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip / Skukuza followed by an easy game drive to the lodge.
A road transfer from Nelspruit Airport to the lodge will take approximately 90 minutes.
12 x Exclusive Suites
1 x Amber Presidential Suite
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
SPECIAL DISCOUNTED RATES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Prices are valid for SA Residents only. Special Discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- All rates exclude the SABIE GAME RESERVE (SGR) CONSERVATION LEVY:
- R 220 per person per night, which includes entrance fees. The conservation levy supports conservation, security and access-control and the anti-poaching initiatives of the Sabie Game Reserve NPC, a non-profit company.
- The SGR Levy will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. Subject the change and valid until further notice.
- SINGLE ROOM POLICY:
- There will be no single supplement for up to a maximum of 2 suites per booking. Thereafter guests occupying single suites will be levied a supplement of an additional 50% of the specified daily rate. (Subject to change over peak periods)
- The above excludes the Amber Presidential Suite, where a single supplement will apply.
- Single accommodation rates for bookings made between 20 December 2021 to 05 January 2022, are available on request. Please ask your BushBreaks consultant for a quote.
- No children under 13 years allowed at the Lodge.
About Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge
Earth Lodge is a sanctuary symbolizing a new era in luxury South African safari lodges. Sculpted into a slope of the earth, almost invisible in the landscape, the lodge uses texture, light and space to present a lodge like no other. Taking its cue from the surrounding environment, it has been described as the most environmentally sensitive lodge in Africa.
Earth Lodge reveals itself in a series of sensory revelations. On arrival a hidden corridor leads you down on a journey to a unique and unforgettable experience. The unexpected entrance opens to a panorama of uninterrupted bushveld. As in nature everything at Earth Lodge exists in harmony and you are immediately aware of a sense of calm and a restoring spirit. Home to 13 ultra-luxurious suites including the Amber Presidential Suite, the lodge breaks with traditional bush lodge style to create a masterpiece of artistry and innovation. Each of the suites at this luxury lodge features individually designed furniture, private plunge pool, en-suite glass fronted bathroom, indoor and outdoor shower and butler services. The natural wooden sculptures by renowned South African artist Geoffrey Armstrong add a powerful magic.
The Amber Suite is a glorious celebration of generous size and space. Beyond belief in its beauty, from the magnificent carved wooden headboard to the deep egg-shaped bath, the suite boasts its own steam room, study and kitchen. It captures the spirit of nature and luxury in one unique experience.
The outdoor boma, its walls sculpted from tree roots and piled up piece by piece, captures the drama of the African night and evokes the power of the wilderness.
An indoor/outdoor dining area overlooking a waterhole and unending bushveld, a secluded library, art gallery, meditation garden; and an underground wine cellar with a collection of over 6000 bottles of rare wines, the venue for an unforgettable dining experience – everything at this luxury lodge has been created for your indulgence.
While on safari escape to the Amani Spa at Earth Lodge and indulge in holistic body, skin and beauty rituals, treatments and massages. Each morning and evening you will depart from this luxury safari lodge into the wilderness, either by open Land Rover or on foot for a walking safari, accompanied by your armed and knowledgeable Game Ranger and Shangaan Tracker. Close enough to share in a thrilling encounter with Africa’s beautiful wild creatures.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee making facilities
- En-suite bathrooms
- Indoor & Outdoor shower
- Lounge area
- Private patio
- Private pool
- King size beds
- Safe in suites
About Sabi Sand Game Reserve
This reserve shares 50km of unfenced boundary with Kruger National Park and animals are at liberty to go wherever they wish – but they tend to stay right where they are! This is because the Sand River and Sabi River supply much needed water in the dry season and create an eco-system with one of the highest and most bio-diverse wildlife populations in Southern Africa. This is the reason why it is quite possible to see the ‘Big Five’ (lion, leopard, rhinoceros, buffalo and elephant) as well as numerous other animals and birds in a couple of days, or even a couple of hours in Sabi Sand.
Take the R21in the direction of Boksburg / East Rand. Then take the N12 towards Emalahleni (Witbank). This road becomes the N4 toll road to Nelspruit. Just after Machadodorp Toll the N4 splits with either option getting you to Nelspruit. Once in Nelspruit follow the signs to White River. A new bypass is available or you can continue into Nelspruit and take the R40 to White River. As you enter White River proceed on the main road and turn left at the 4th traffic light into Theo Kleynhans Street towards Hazyview. Continue on the R40 toward Hazyview. After approximately 45km you will reach a T-junction. Turn left into Hazyview. At the second traffic light turn right onto Portia Shabangu Drive (R536).Continue on this road for approximately 37km. Turn left onto dirt road at Sabi Sabi sign. Continue on dirt road to a T-junction and turn right. Continue along this road and you will reach Shaws Gate.