- Selati Lodges offers the perfect accommodation for travellers looking for a romantic luxury safari lodge in South Africa. Selati is furnished with a historic railway theme and colonial charm and is meticulously created as an authentic home feeling in the bush.
- Sabi Sabi Selati Camp has now installed overhead fans, air-conditioning and all the trimmings expected from a luxury safari lodge.
- World-class cuisine is served on wooden thatched decks built alongside the Msuthlu riverbed, in the open air “boma” or in the “farmhouse kitchen”.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyNo children under 12 years, unless the lodge is booked exclusively
- PoolYes - At The Main Area Only
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationSabi Sabi Private Game Reserve, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
5.5 hours by road from Johannesburg.
Federal Air & SA Airlink operate daily flights from Johannesburg International Airport (ORT) to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip / Skukuza followed by an easy game drive to the lodge.
A road transfer from Nelspruit Airport to the lodge will take approximately 90 minutes.
5 Luxury Suites
1 Honeymoon Suite
1 Ivory Presidential Suite
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Prices are valid for SA Residents only. Special Discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- All rates exclude the SABIE GAME RESERVE (SGR) CONSERVATION LEVY:
- R 270 per person per night, which includes entrance fees. The conservation levy supports conservation, security and access-control and the anti-poaching initiatives of the Sabie Game Reserve NPC, a non-profit company.
- The SGR Levy will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. Subject the change and valid until further notice.
- SINGLE ROOM POLICY:
There will be no single supplement for up to a maximum of 2 suites per booking, excluding the Lourenco Marques Honeymoon Suite & Ivory Presidential Suite, where a single supplement will apply. Thereafter guests occupying single suites will be levied a supplement of an additional 50% of the specified daily rate. (Subject to change over peak periods)
- Single accommodation rates for bookings over Peak Periods are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote.
- No children under 12 years, unless the lodge is booked exclusively on an exclusive use basis.
- Children will be permitted on game drives at management’s discretion.
About Sabi Sabi Selati Camp
Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve within the Sabi Sands is an unspoilt part of Africa ecologically and geographically integrated with the adjacent Kruger National Park. It is situated within one of the oldest and largest proclaimed private reserves – the renowned Sabi Sand Wildtuin.
Sabi Sabi’s intimate all-suite Selati Camp, furnished with a historic Railway theme and 19th century charm, meticulously created as an authentic home in the bush, is the most unforgettable of all African experiences. The railway theme extends from original steam engine name plates, signals and other memorabilia in the lounge, to collector’s pieces in each room and shunter’s lamps lighting the way to your suite.
Originally created without electricity to preserve the ambience, Selati Camp now has overhead fans and air-conditioning, while the camp is still lit at night by the gentle flicker of oil lamps, the warm glow of fires and the spectacular canopy of the Southern night sky.
The eight luxury thatched suites, each with full bathroom en-suite and private alfresco shower, blend perfectly into the surrounding bush. Home-cooked cuisine is served on decks built over the river-bed, in the open air “boma” or in the “farmhouse kitchen”
Selati Camp premier accommodation is the sumptuous and spacious Ivory Presidential Suite. It offers turn of the 19th century colonial grandeur in the form of original antiques, a draped four-poster bed, private terrace, and fireplace. The magnificent en-suite bathroom, complete with Persian carpet and antique chaise-longue, also features a very private pool and safaris. The separate dressing room features an antique wardrobe and dressing table. Selati combines turn of the century elegance with personalised safari luxury – a rare quality of life experienceany of a qualified game ranger and tracker, make for a truly memorable experience, and the highlight of your holiday.
- Airconditioned Suites
- En-Suite Bathroom with Victorian ball and claw bath and inside and outside shower
- Mini Bars
About Sabi Sand Game Reserve
This reserve shares 50km of unfenced boundary with Kruger National Park and animals are at liberty to go wherever they wish – but they tend to stay right where they are! This is because the Sand River and Sabi River supply much needed water in the dry season and create an eco-system with one of the highest and most bio-diverse wildlife populations in Southern Africa. This is the reason why it is quite possible to see the ‘Big Five’ (lion, leopard, rhinoceros, buffalo and elephant) as well as numerous other animals and birds in a couple of days, or even a couple of hours in Sabi Sand.
FROM OR TAMBO INTERNATIONAL
Take the R21in the direction of Boksburg / East Rand. Then take the N12 towards Emalahleni (Witbank). This road becomes the N4 toll road to Nelspruit. Just after Machadodorp Toll the N4 splits with either option getting you to Nelspruit. Once in Nelspruit follow the signs to White River. A new bypass is available or you can continue into Nelspruit and take the R40 to White River. As you enter White River proceed on the main road and turn left at the 4th traffic light into Theo Kleynhans Street towards Hazyview. Continue on the R40 toward Hazyview. After approximately 45km you will reach a T-junction. Turn left into Hazyview. At the second traffic light turn right onto Portia Shabangu Drive (R536).
*** Continue on this road for approximately 37km. Turn left onto dirt road at Sabi Sabi sign. Continue on dirt road to a T-junction and turn right. Continue along this road and you will reach Shaws Gate.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults