- Safari Plains is located in a malaria free Big Five game reserve, a mere 2 hour drive from Johannesburg
- Each luxury tented suite offers a glamping experience set along winding sand pathways, taking in the natural indigenous bushveld on private timber wrap around deck
- Dining & wining at Safari Plains is an authentically chic affair whether you are in the sophisticated dining room or experiencing a candle lit bush dinner accompanied by spectacular African entertainment you will not be disappointed
- An exciting range of facilities & nearby attractions are offered such as, hot air balloon safaris, ground hornbill project, eco adventure safaris, guided bush & bird walks.
- Big FiveYes (Lion Kept In A Separate Section In The South Of The Reserve)
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationMabula Game Reserve, Waterberg Region
2 hour drive from Johannesburg
Road transfers to and from Johannesburg can be arranged on request at an additional charge.
The lodge has a total of 20 luxury tents comprising of:
2 x Luxury Tents
4 x Family Luxury tents
8 x Safari Tents
6 x Family Safari tents
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
IMPORTANT NOTICE: MEAL SURCHARGES FOR CHRISTMAS DAY LUNCH AND NEW YEARS EVE DINNER – applicable to all guests and will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking.
25th of December and 31st of December R 360.00 per adult and R 180.00 per child (6 to 11 years)
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 2/3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates listed above are valid for SADC Residents only. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A Gate entry Fee of R 327 per vehicle per stay is payable directly to the Lodge, subject to change.
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** – MEAL SURCHARGES FOR CHRISTMAS DAY LUNCH AND NEW YEARS EVE DINNER – applicable to all guests and will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking.25th of December and 31st of December R 360.00 per adult and R 180.00 per child (6 to 11 years)
- Please request rates for single accommodation from your BushBreaks & More consultant.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Safari Plains.
- Children aged 0 – 5 years will stay free of charge when sharing with 2 full paying adults in a family tent.
- Children aged 6 – 18 years will pay less 50% per child per night when sharing with 2 full paying adults in a family tent.
- Full adult rate is applicable if occupying their own room or if sharing with 1 full paying adult.
- Children aged 0 – 5 years are not permitted on the standard safari. They are only permitted on the family safaris at management discretion.
- Children 6 – 11 years are permitted on safari drives at manager’s discretion.
- Children 12 years and older are permitted on safari drives.
About Safari Plains
Just launched with special offers – a ‘glamping experience’ only a mere 2 hour drive from Johannesburg to this luxury family-friendly bush haven. With its impressive high-ceilinged dining room, elegant lounge, tranquil spa and beautiful tents, Safari Plains is sure to make people return again and again. It is an amazing safari experience with the magic of great hospitality. The tented suites are like little jewels placed along winding sand pathways, with private space within the indigenous bush-veld.
You will not be disappointed with this wildlife experience in open 4×4 vehicle safaris exploring the one hundred and twenty square kilometres of private game reserve.
The six Luxury tents offer a larger main area and have a private sala for those lazy afternoons. All tented suites are appointed with a sunken bath, a separate shower and toilet.
Safari tents consist of two three quarter beds that can be converted to a king.
Family tents consist of two rooms, one large king/twin bedded suite and a bedroom consisting of two three quarter beds.
All suites are equipped with bar fridge, private viewing deck and air conditioning.
Safari Plains is a chic affair in the sophisticated dining rooms or experiencing a candle lit bushveld dinner with African entertainment. A safari for the palate, the culinary team aim for the stars. African skies in the bush is an extraordinary event and guests can be treated to an after-dinner stargazing activity.
Enjoy the exotic menu at the Safari Plains Spa in the Bush under the skilful hands of their therapists. You will enjoy a relaxing experience leaving you feeling brand new and revitalised. Little ones have a unique kiddies treatment menu with specially formulated oils to enjoy a relaxing time with mom or dad.
A sunrise safari and afternoon safari with sundowners are offered to lodge guests. Drives are open to all guests over the age of six years. Our guests younger than 6 years can enjoy a 45min bumble after breakfast. Each safari with qualified rangers will delight your senses of the authentic African landscape offering the Big Five, 300 bird species, 60 mammals, numerous plants, reptile and insects’ species. You may also have the opportunity to enjoy all this by foot, horseback, quad bikes and by air on hot air balloons.
- En-suite bathroom
- Private viewing deck
- 6 suites with private Salas
- Family suites host two bedrooms
- Mini bar
- Coffee & tea station
About Mabula Game Reserve
The different habitats on the greater Mabula Game Reserve provide perfect conditions for an astounding selection of large mammals including the Big Five, Brown Hyena, Jackal and Cheetah. It also holds a huge variety of Antelope from Red Hartbees to Eland, Gemsbok and Blesbok. Each visit is unique, and as the seasons change green thickets and grasslands give way to the bushveld greys and yellows of Autumn.
- Guided safari walks
- Horseback safaris
- Eco adventure trails (quad bike safari)
- External activities
- Hot balloon safaris
- Safari spa
After 31.3km take exit 134 for N1 North towards Polokwane.
Merge onto the N1 and travel 70.2km before taking exit 238 to Bela Bela and from there:
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults