- Stargazing rated amoungst the best in Southern Africa.
- Western Cape premier wildlife destination.
- Explorer Camp walking safari.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages permitted at Gondwana Family Lodge only
- PoolAt The Main Area And Private Plunge Pools (not Heated)
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationSituated at the foot of the Warmwaterberg Mountain Range in the heart of the Little Karoo.
3 and half hour drive from Cape Town. Private airstip situated on Game Reserve.
3 Luxury Lodges and 1 Explorer Camp:
Tilney Manor – 6 Suites
Gondwana – 12 Suites
Dwyka Tented Lodge – 9 Tents
Explorer Mobile Camp – 3 Tents
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
THE ABOVE RATES ARE APPLICABLE TO DWYKA TENTED LODGE.
RATES FOR TILNEY MANOR & GONDWANA FAMILY LODGE ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR BUSHBREAKS CONSULTANT FOR A QUOTE.
EXCLUSIVE GROUP REQUESTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR SOLE USE AT ANY AVAILABLE LODGES.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Conservation Levy:
- A daily conservation levy of R175 per adult per night applies. Children between the ages of 4- 11 years will be levied at 50% (half) of the adult rate per night.
- The conservation levy will be charged on the initial invoice to be settled at booking stage or alternatively be settled directly by the guest on departure.
- This levy is not included in daily rates.
- The purpose of the guest conservation levy is to support the intense and ongoing conservation efforts on the reserve and support provided to local communities.
- Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a special discounted rate for single accommodation.
- Persons under the age of 16 years are not permitted at Dwyka Tented Lodge.
- Persons under the age of 12 years are not permitted at Tilney Manor.
- Child policy at Sanbona Wildlife Reserve for Gondwana Family Lodge: (This policy applies to all persons from 4 up to and including 11 years old)
- Children can only be accommodated at Gondwana Family Lodge.
- 0 – 3 years of age
– are accommodated at no additional cost
– must share with adults, depending on the availability of cots and/or rooms with a sleeper couch
– are not permitted on game drives
- 4 – 11 years of age
– Child rates are available on request.
– may share with adults, depending on the availability of rooms with a sleeper couch
– are permitted on game drives
- Sleeper couches can accommodate a maximum of one child.
• Cots can accommodate a maximum of one child.
• Rooms can accommodate a maximum of one cot and one sleeper couch only.
• Rooms accommodating children sharing with parents contain one sleeper couch per room.
• Complimentary child minding is available during game drive hours and during the course of the day in our kiddies play Centre.
• Outside of our kiddies play centre opening hours, additional child-minding service are available upon request and can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Persons under the age of 4 years are not permitted on any game drives at Gondwana Family Lodge.
- Persons under the age of 14 years are not permitted on any walking safaris.
About Sanbona Wildlife Reserve
Seated at the foot of the Warmwaterberg Mountain Range in the heart of South Africa’s Little Karoo of the Western Cape, Sanbona pays tribute to the San people who made this arid environment their home for centuries. Sanbona has an alluring atmosphere of stillness, an air of isolation amid the raw beauty and boundless plains. Sanbona and the spirit of the San people welcomes you.
Sanbona Wildlife Reserve, 54 000 hectares of undulating mountains and plains, indigenous fauna and flora, rock formations and rock art make this a destination not to be missed.
Specialist guiding is a key element in providing a memorable and varied experience. The name Sanbona is a combination of the “San” people who roamed this area for thousands of years and “bona” which represents their vision in order to position this portion of the Little Karoo.
Be it a journey of rejuvenation and self-discovery or absorbing the various essences and activities, Sanbona Wildlife Reserve takes care of the small things in life.
FROM CAPE TOWN
An easy 3 hours drive, approximately 270 kms from Cape Town. On commencement of the journey, travel on the N1 from Cape Town in the direction of Paarl; continuing on the N1 travel through the Huguenot Tunnel. A tollgate controls this tunnel. A tollgate fee is payable at the tunnel.
The first town is Worcester set in the Breede River Valley. Taking the second turnoff to the right into Worcester, you leave the N1 and the Route 62 (R62) is taken. Follow the signs to the town of Robertson. Once through Robertson, the next town is Ashton. Travel on through Krogmanskloof and Montagu. Continue for approximately 43km and turn left at “Die Vlakte” and Sanbona Wildlife Reserve sign. Please be advised that the road changes from tar to gravel and the recommended speed limit from there on is 60 km per hour. The main entrance to Sanbona Wildlife Reserve is 7km where guests will be welcomed.
From the main gate, it is a further 45 minutes to Tilney Manor, 65 minutes to Dwyka Tented Lodge and 55 minuted to Gondwana Lodge. Please follow the relevant signs in the reserve. The recommended speed limit 40 km per hour. Do not exit your vehicle. Predators roam free.
The main gate closes at 18h00, should your arrival time be later, please advice prior to arrival in order to make arrangements.
A daily transfer from the main gate to your lodge is available on request, and must be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
Pick-up from main gate at 12h30 – arrive at Tilney 13h15, at Gondwana 13h25, at Dwyka 13h35
Pick-up from main gate at 16h00 – arrive at Tilney 16h45, at Gondwana 16h55, at Dwyka 17h05 (these guests will not be able to join the afternoon game drive)
Pick-up from Dwyka Tented Lodge at 11h00, Gondwana Lodge at 11h20, Tilney Manor at 11h35 – arrive at the main gate at 12h15.
PLEASE NOTE: All times are estimated and subject to road conditions and vehicle types.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults