- The beautifully appointed suites nestle amongst indigenous bush and trees that provide privacy, quiet and a haven for birds. The epitome of elegance and comfort, the décor is a blend of colonial and classic with hand crafted furniture, fine linen and beautiful artwork.
- Savanna lies in an area where ‘Big 5’ sightings are so frequent, it is not unusual to see lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino in a single game drive. Specially designed game viewing vehicles and highly trained guides with vast knowledge.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChildren 8 years and older are welcome
- PoolThere Is A Pool At The Main Lodge Area & Executive Suites Have Private Plunge Pools.
- SPAIn-room Massages
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationSabi Sand Game Reserve, Greater Kruger area, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Daily flights on Airlink to KMIA and then a 1hr 45min road transfer to the lodge. Daily scheduled flights on Federal Air from JNB to Savanna. 5 Hour drive from JNB to Savanna, entrance through Newington Gate.
4 Luxury Suites with plunge pools
3 Executive Suites with plunge pools
The Savanna Suite – consists of 2 suites with a central lounge area and heated plunge pool
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A Sabi Sand Gate entrance fee of R 310 per vehicle and R 140 per person is applicable and payable directly at the Gate. Valid until further notice and subject to change.
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R 161 per person per night applies, which needs to be prepaid and will be added to the invoice upon booking. (Subject to change)
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person rate for single accommodation.
- Children 8 years and older are welcome at Savanna Private Game Reserve.
- Child rates are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote.
- Children 8 years and older will be allowed on game drives at Lodge Manager’s discretion.
About Savanna Private Game Reserve
An exclusive 5 star lodge, Savanna is situated in the internationally famous Sabi Sand Reserve within the greater Kruger National Park conservancy. Located in the Western sector and traverse around 10500 hectares. Savanna lies in an area where ‘Big 5’ sightings are so frequent, it is not unusual to see lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino in a single game drive. Specially designed game viewing vehicles and highly trained guides with vast knowledge of the African bushveld, take guests on close and intimate encounters with a large variety of wildlife. Numerous nearby dams and a series of waterholes in front of the lodge attract many species, especially in the dry winter months when elephants are daily visitors.
A close-knit team of friendly staff provides personalised service with each guest regarded as a valued friend. From the moment they arrive guests feel part of the Savanna ‘family’.
Nine magnificent suites offer spacious and luxurious accommodation. Seven of the suites have tented roofs, blending the elegance of a by-gone colonial era with all the convenience of modern facilities.
Savanna is the only lodge in the Sabi Sands with Tented style accommodation. 7 of our 9 Suites perfectly combine canvas roof tops with inner ceiling draping, set atop a solid room foundation with sandstone tiles and all the privacy and amenities expected of a 5* lodge. The result is a romantic “Out of Africa” suite.
- 4 x Luxury Tented Suites are approximately 96m2 including the outdoor shower and front patio.
- 3 x Executive Tented Suites are approximately 180m2 including the outdoor shower, deck and pool area.
- 1 x Thatched Suite or 2 x Thatched Executive Suites – The entire Savanna Suite is approximately 480m2 including all 3 decks, both pools and 2 outdoor showers.ABOUT SABI SABI GAME RESERVESavanna Private Game Lodge is situated in the Western sector of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, within the southern quarter of the greater Kruger National Park conservation area. It traverses around 10500 hectares.This reserve shares 50km of unfenced boundary with Kruger National Park and animals are at liberty to go wherever they wish – but they tend to stay right where they are! This is because the Sand River and Sabi River supply much needed water in the dry season and create an eco-system with one of the highest and most bio-diverse wildlife populations in Southern Africa. This is the reason why it is quite possible to see the ‘Big Five’ (lion, leopard, rhinoceros, buffalo and elephant) as well as numerous other animals and birds in a couple of days, or even a couple of hours in Sabi Sand.
- Tented style accommodation
- 4 Luxury Suites with air conditioning, outside shower, mini bar, decks and plunge pools
- 3 Executive Suites with air conditioning, lounge area, plunge pool, outside shower and mini bar
- Savanna Suite:
- Two airconditioned suites with lounge area, heated plunge pool, outside shower and mini bar
- Seperate lounge with veranda divides the two suites
- The Savanna Suite can be sold as two bedrooms with private facilities or two individual suites
- When sold as two individual suites it does not include the lounge, private land rover, private dining and waiter in attendance
- En-suite bathroom
- Indoor & outdoor showers
- Electronic safe
- Game drives
- Game walks on request
- Nearby Activities (at an additional cost):
- Elephant Whispers
- Shangaan village tour
- Golf at Skukuza or Leopard Creek
FROM JOHANNESBURG OR PRETORIA
- Take the N12, or N4 highway to Nelspruit.
- When you enter Nelspruit, turn left at the 3rd traffic light (Crossings Shopping centre should be on your left) and follow the signboards towards White River.
- From White River, take the R40 to Hazyview. You will reach a T junction where you turn left and head into Hazyview.
- Go through Hazyview, turn right after the footbridge onto the R536. Sign boards to Kruger National Park and Kruger Gate.
- After approximately 34km, turn left onto a dirt road at the Sabi Sand – Newington Gate sign.
- Travel for about 10km until you reach a large intersection, where you will see the Sabi Sand – Newington Gate sign.
- Turn right here and follow this road for 1.8km.
- At the T-junction, turn left at the Sabi Sand – Newington Gate sign and after about 600m, turn left at the Sabi Sand – Newington Gate sign.
- Follow this road for about 1 km until you arrive at Newington Gate – Where you will pay your gate fees.
Keep the slip and get it stamped at Savanna, as you will need to produce it at the gate on your departure.
Once in the gate turn left and follow the signposts to Savanna Lodge, which is approximately 1 km after the gate.