- For a luxurious, special & malaria-free safari experience in the Eastern Cape, look no further than Shamwari’s Bayethe Tented Lodge – a tented paradise offering guests the opportunity to immerse themselves in tranquillity, surrounded by spectacular views of the African bush.
- The name for this Shamwari lodge is derived from an African greeting, pronounced “By-ye-ti”. The English translation for this word is “I salute you” and is one of the warmest welcomes in the African culture.
- Guests are not only treated to a luxurious stay but are also able to enjoy Big Five dusk & dawn safari game drives in comfortable vehicles that provide one with panoramic views of nature and spectacular game viewing.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyNo children under 12 years allowed
- PoolSwimming Pool At Main Lodge & Private Plunge Pools On All Suite Decks
- Malaria AreaNo
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationShamwari Private Game Reserve, Eastern Cape
The closest airport is Port Elizabeth & is about 60 minutes drive
Shamwari has a landing strip and air transfer from Port Elizabeth to Shamwari can be booked
12 x Luxury Superior Tents
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are strictly based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A minimum stay of 2 nights is mandatory over the festive period from 15 December – 15 January.
- Rates exclude a guest Conservation Levy of R 350 per person per night (subject to change). This must be settled at the lodge upon departure.
- There will be a single supplement of 30% on the per person rate for single accommodation.
- Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted at Shamwari Bayethe Tented Lodge.
- Children 12 years and older are considered adults and will require their own room.
About Shamwari Bayethe Tented Lodge
The name for this Shamwari lodge comes from a special African greeting, pronounced “By-ye-ti”. The English translation for this word is “I salute you” and is one of the warmest welcomes in the African culture, more specifically to this region. At the Shamwari Private Game Reserve the aim is to deliver a safari experience that leaves individuals feeling revitalised, refreshed and relaxed. If one is looking for a safari experience with a difference, look no further than Bayethe, with twelve superior tents guests are ensured a luxurious yet close to nature experience.
THE SUPERIOR TENTS
This Luxury tented escape offers guests the opportunity to immerse themselves in tranquillity. Each tent is surrounded by the rich vegetation of this unique location that provides privacy and a feeling of seclusion with spectacular views of the African bush. These 12 superior tents can sleep a maximum of 2 guests and are camouflaged under trees allowing for intimacy & unsurpassed comforts.
LUXURY SAFARI INSPIRED BY NATURE – A once-in-a-lifetime safari holiday experience in the Eastern Cape, Bayethe Tented Lodge offers guests the opportunity to immerse themselves in tranquillity, surrounded by the rich vegetation of this unique location. This luxury ‘glamping experience’ provides privacy and a feeling of seclusion with spectacular views of the African Bushscape.
When you book at Bayethe Tented Lodge you’re treated to a host of world-class facilities such as:
|Bush Relaxation Retreat in the Eastern Cape|Gift Boutique|Lounge Area with TV|In and Outdoor Dining Facilities|Outdoor Deck with Swimming Pool|Main lodge overlooking the waterhole|Wi-Fi
About Shamwari Private Game Reserve
Shamwari, meaning “my friend” in Shona, is the pinnacle of private game reserves and home to the coveted Big 5. Stretching over a vast, malaria free landscape, it offers an award-winning nature experience and is one of the largest private conservation initiatives in Southern Africa.
Shamwari is a place where guests can exist in harmony with nature, however fleeting the moment, where wildlife roam the landscape under the relentless African sun. Shamwari incorporates six lodges and one explorer camp; each one unique in its own essence. Lodges are designed in harmony with their surroundings where guests can experience nature in sublime comfort.
SAFARI TRAVELLERS TIPS
Shamwari Private Game Reserve is a malaria-free area, so one need not to worry about packing any preventative medication, other than personal prescription medication.
To get the most out of your Eastern Cape Safari visit, it is recommend that you pack the following items:
|Cameras, lenses and binoculars|Light clothing for summer safaris|Bathing suits for the pool areas|Comfortable walking shoes|Sunscreen and hats|Warmer clothing for early morning game drives, night game drives and winter stays
Should you require anything else, there are curios gift boutiques on site at the lodge.
Waterhole/ Hide/ Riverfront Feature
- Game drives
- Walking Safaris
- Spa Treatments
- Visits to Born Free and Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
Directions by Road:
- Follow the N2 out of Port Elizabeth heading towards Grahamstown bypassing the town of Colchester.
- 11km past Colchester use the left lane to take the N2 ramp to Grahamstown.
- Continue on the N2 for 17km bypassing the R342 turn-off.
- Continue along the N2 a further 11km until you reach a sign board Eagles Crag and Bayethe on the Sidbury road.
- Turn left onto the gravel road and follow this road for 9km until you reach a T-junction.
- At the T-junction follow the sign boards right to Bayethe for 4km.