- Shamwari Eagles Crag offers you the ultimate luxury, privacy and a breath-taking scenery. Eagles Crag comprises of 9 glass and stone luxurious suites.
- Not only is the accommodation classically beautiful, but also exposed to uninterrupted views of the surrounding rock faces where eagles soar.
- As each luxury suite with a private plunge pool is well secluded, you can enjoy the utmost privacy for your rest and relaxation.
- Eagles Crag has undergone extensive upgrades and renovations and re-opened September 2018
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyNo children under 12 years
- PoolYes - Heated Private Plunge Pools
- Malaria AreaNo
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationShamwari Private Game Reserve, Eastern Cape
The closest airport is Port Elizabeth & is about 60 minutes drive
Shamwari has a landing strip and air transfer from Port Elizabeth to Shamwari can be booked
9 x Luxury Junior Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are strictly based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A minimum stay of 2 nights is mandatory over the festive period from 15 December – 15 January.
- Rates exclude a guest Conservation Levy of R 350 per person per night (subject to change). This must be settled at the lodge upon departure.
- There will be a single supplement of 30% on the per person rate for single accommodation.
- Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted at Shamwari Eagles Crag.
- Children 12 years and older are considered adults and will require their own room.
About Shamwari Eagles Crag
This is the perfect lodge to unwind and immerse yourself in an African experience that is unique and one of a kind.
Located in the Shamwari Private Game Reserve, Eagles Crag Lodge is on a class of its own as it offers one with ultimate luxury, privacy and breathtaking scenery. The lodge comprises of suites that combine elements of glass & stone.
The Junior Suites
Not only is the accommodation classically beautiful, but one is exposed to uninterrupted views of the surrounding rock faces where eagles soar. With each suite being well secluded, you can enjoy the utmost privacy for your rest and relaxation. All rooms boast a private deck with a heated private plunge pool for superior tranquility whilst other room features such as air-conditioning, private minibar & a Nespresso Machine are added to extra comfort.
Safari Spa Experiences
Escape to Shamwari Private Game Reserve and enjoy a safari spa experience in the unspoilt surrounds of the Eastern Cape. The relaxation retreats will leave any guest feeling revitalised and rejuvenated, with treatments that are proven to be beneficial for the mind, body and soul.
About Shamwari Private Game Reserve
Shamwari, meaning “my friend” in Shona, is the pinnacle of private game reserves and home to the coveted Big 5. Stretching over a vast, malaria free landscape, it offers an award-winning nature experience and is one of the largest private conservation initiatives in Southern Africa.
Shamwari is a place where guests can exist in harmony with nature, however fleeting the moment, where wildlife roam the landscape under the relentless African sun. Shamwari incorporates six lodges and one explorer camp; each one unique in its own essence. Lodges are designed in harmony with their surroundings where guests can experience nature in sublime comfort.
Shamwari Private Game Reserve is a malaria-free area, so one need not to worry about packing any preventative tablets or syrups, other than personal prescription medication.
To get the most out of your Eastern Cape visit, it is recommend that you pack the following items:
|Cameras, lenses and binoculars|Light clothing for summer safaris|Bathing suits for the pool areas|Comfortable walking shoes|Sunscreen and hats|Warmer clothing for night game drives and winter stays
Should you need anything else, there are gift boutiques on site.
- Game drives
- Walking Safaris
- Spa Treatments
- Visits to Born Free and Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
Directions by Road:
- Follow the N2 out of Port Elizabeth heading towards Grahamstown bypassing the town of Colchester.
- 11km past Colchester use the left lane to take the N2 ramp to Grahamstown.
- Continue on the N2 for 17km bypassing the R342 turn-off.
- Continue along the N2 a further 11km until you reach a sign board Eagles Crag and Bayethe on the Sidbury road.
- Turn left onto the gravel road and follow this road for 9km until you reach a T-junction.
- At the T-junction follow the sign boards left to Eagles Crag for 5km.