- Tucked away in the heart of Shamwari Private Game Reserve lies the tranquil Lobengula Lodge. This private lodge experience has been designed to resemble a traditional African kraal, boasting views of the mountains and valleys.
- This plush area of the game reserve boasts 6 junior suites, each of which can accommodate 2 adults.
- Two rooms have Private Plunge Pools. One room features a Fireplace and Plunge Pool
- Enjoy a Safari Spa Experience in the unspoilt surrounds of the Eastern Cape. Shamwari’s retreats will leave you feeling revitalised and rejuvenated, with treatments proven to be beneficial for the mind, body and soul.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyNo children under 12 years
- PoolPool At Main Area & 3 Suites Have Private Plunge Pools
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationShamwari Private Game Reserve, Eastern Cape
The closest airport is Port Elizabeth & is about 60 minutes drive.
Shamwari has a landing strip and air transfer from Port Elizabeth to Shamwari can be booked
6 x Junior Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
IMPORTANT NOTICE: SHAMWARI LOBENGULA LODGE IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are strictly based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A minimum stay of 2 nights is mandatory over the festive period from 15 December – 15 January.
- Rates exclude a guest Conservation Levy of R 650 per person per night (subject to change). This must be settled at the lodge upon departure.
- There will be a single supplement of 30% on the per person rate for single accommodation.
- No children under the age of 12 years are permitted at the lodge.
- Children 12 years and older are considered adults and will require their own room.
About Shamwari Lobengula Lodge
Tucked away in the depths of the bushveld lies Lobengula Lodge. A unique & tranquil lodge which has been designed to resemble a traditional African kraal, with sweeping panoramic views of the mountains and valleys. This is the perfect getaway for those wanting an African lodge experience.
This hidden gem has a rustic atmosphere leaving each guests with a fulfilling experience.
Lobengula has 6 suites with en-suite bathrooms and private patios, each of which can accommodate a maximum of 2 adults.Two Junior Suites have either twin or king beds and a private plunge pool. Three Junior Suites have either twin or king beds and are adjacent to the lodge pool area.
Safari Spa Experiences
Escape to Shamwari Private Game Reserve and enjoy a safari spa experience in the unspoilt surrounds of the Eastern Cape. The relaxation retreats will leave any guest feeling revitalised and rejuvenated, with treatments that are proven to be beneficial for the mind, body and soul.
About Shamwari Private Game Reserve
Shamwari, meaning “my friend” in Shona, is the pinnacle of private game reserves and home to the coveted Big 5. Stretching over a vast, malaria free landscape, it offers an award-winning nature experience and is one of the largest private conservation initiatives in Southern Africa.
Shamwari is a place where guests can exist in harmony with nature, however fleeting the moment, where wildlife roam the landscape under the relentless African sun. Shamwari incorporates six lodges and one explorer camp; each one unique in its own essence. Lodges are designed in harmony with their surroundings where guests can experience nature in sublime comfort.
Shamwari Private Game Reserve is a malaria-free area, so one need not to worry about packing any preventative tablets or syrups, other than personal prescription medication.
To get the most out of your Eastern Cape visit, it is recommend that you pack the following items:
|Cameras, lenses and binoculars|Light clothing for summer safaris|Bathing suits for the pool areas|Comfortable walking shoes|Sunscreen and hats|Warmer clothing for night game drives and winter stays
Should you need anything else, there are gift boutiques on site.
- Game drives
- Walking Safaris
- Spa Treatments
- Visits to Born Free and Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- Follow the N2 out of Port Elizabeth until you reach the N2 / N10 cross over.
- Follow the N10 to Paterson/Cradock bypassing Paterson.
- Travel for 11 km from Paterson until you reach the Alicedale turn-off.
- Turn right at the Lobengula Lodge sign board and travel for a further 12 km.
- Turn right at the Shamwari Gate and follow the sign boards to Lobengula Lodge.