- Long Lee Manor overlooks the magnificent plains of Shamwari Private Game Reserve and boasts Edwardian styled suites and a stupendous rim-flow pool.
- The historical Manor House which dates back to 1910 is a Shamwari treasure and offers uncompromised luxury in an unprecedented setting.
- The focus of the design of Long Lee Manor is ‘gracious living inspired by nature’ and each room truly reflects the luxury that this lodge offers.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChild from 8 years are allowed
- PoolLarge rim flow swimming pool & the Family Suite has a private plunge pool
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- WI-FI FriendlyYes
LocationShamwari Private Game Reserve, Eastern Cape
The closest airport, based in Port Elizabeth is a 60 minute drive
Shamwari has a landing strip & air transfer from Port Elizabeth to Shamwari can be booked (at an additional charge)
11 x Plains Rooms
4 x Garden Rooms
2 x Manor House Suites
1 x Family Suite with 2 bedrooms
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are strictly based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates exclude a guest conservation levy of R 100 per person per night, subject to change and to be settled at the lodge upon departure.
- There will be a single supplement of 30% on the per person rate for single accommodation.
- No children under the age of 8 years allowed.
- Children aged 8 – 11 years are charged 50% of the adult per person sharing rate. (Maximum 1 child extra per room)
- Children aged 12 years and older are considered adults and will require their own room.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted on walking safaris.
About Shamwari Long Lee Manor
Whether you’re looking to plan your annual holiday or to accommodate business delegates, look no further than Long Lee Manor. This Edwardian style manor boasts manicured gardens, a large rim-flow pool and verandas, all overlooking the magnificent plains teeming with wildlife.
Long Lee Manor features 17 luxury rooms and suites and a two-bedroom suite. The lodge has a large rim-flow swimming pool and pool-side bar. A lovely dining room with both in and outdoor seating as well as a boma for outdoor dinner evenings.
In addition to the rolling landscapes, the magnificent Long Lee Manor boasts the original Manor House and offers several unique features that will keep you comfortable during your stay.
The accommodation is tastefully designed to enhance its location, while the Manor House has been lovingly restored to pay homage to the area’s rich heritage, adding a bit of romance to any stay.
Safari Spa Experiences
Escape to Shamwari Private Game Reserve and enjoy a safari spa experience in the unspoilt surrounds of the Eastern Cape. The relaxation retreats will leave any guest feeling revitalised and rejuvenated, with treatments that are proven to be beneficial for the mind, body and soul.
Other activities at the lodge include:
|Game drives|Walking Safaris|Spa Treatments|Visits to Born Free and Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre|Birding
About Shamwari Private Game Reserve
Shamwari, meaning “my friend” in Shona, is the pinnacle of private game reserves and home to the coveted Big 5. Stretching over a vast, malaria free landscape, it offers an award-winning nature experience and is one of the largest private conservation initiatives in Southern Africa.
Shamwari is a place where guests can exist in harmony with nature, however fleeting the moment, where wildlife roam the landscape under the relentless African sun. Shamwari incorporates six lodges and one explorer camp; each one unique in its own essence. Lodges are designed in harmony with their surroundings where guests can experience nature in sublime comfort.
Shamwari Private Game Reserve is a malaria-free area, so one need not to worry about packing any preventative tablets or syrups, other than personal prescription medication.
To get the most out of your Eastern Cape visit, it is recommend that you pack the following items:
|Cameras, lenses and binoculars|Light clothing for summer safaris|Bathing suits for the pool areas|Comfortable walking shoes|Sunscreen and hats|Warmer clothing for night game drives and winter stays
Should you need anything else, there are gift boutiques on site.
Waterhole/ Hide/ Riverfront Feature
- Game drives
- Walking Safaris
- Spa Treatments
- Visits to Born Free and Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- Follow the N2 out of Port Elizabeth heading towards Grahamstown.
- Continue on the N2 until you reach a sign board for Shamwari Private Game Reserve and turn left towards Paterson on the R342.
- Travel 7 km up the gravel road and enter at the 2nd gate for the Welcome Lounge.