- Set against the backdrop of the Drakensberg Mountain Range this “home away from home” experience lends itself to a perfect family getaway, with children of all ages welcome
- Karongwe’s Shiduli Lodge offers 24 suites, featuring en-suite bathrooms in rich African tones. The secluded Royal Suite lies tucked away a short distance from the main lodge, with its own private deck and splash pool offering unsurpassed luxury and privacy.
- Experience the finest cuisine at Shiduli. The award-winning chefs take pride in delivering outstanding meals prepared to the finest detail.
- Game drives in Karongwe Private Game Reserve are conducted in open safari vehicles with qualified and knowledgeable guides searching for the Big Five or go on foot for a bush walks and get close to the little 5 and feel the true African bush.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolSwimming Pool & Private Plunge Pool in the Royal Suite
- Malaria AreaYes
- WI-FI FriendlyYes
LocationKarongwe Private Game Reserve, Greater Kruger National Park
5 hour self drive from Johannesburg
Flights to the closest Airports are Hoedspruit and Phalaborwa, road transfers are available on request from nearest airports.
30 x Luxury Suites
1 x Royal Suite (Honeymoon)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
IMPORTANT NOTICE: SHIDULI PRIVATE GAME LODGE IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
The lodge will, however, consider accepting group bookings of 20 guests or more. Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for a quote.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted above are only valid for SA Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- There will be a single supplement of 40% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- Children 0 – 2 years are accommodated on a complimentary basis.
- Children 3 – 11 years pay 50% of the adult sharing rate, when sharing a family room with two adults.
- Children 12 years and older pay full adult rate.
- Baby-sitting available on request and at an additional charge.
- Children under 6 years are not permitted on any Game activity unless approved by the Lodge Management onsite. No prior approval shall be given. (Children are required to be accompanied by an adult on Game activity). Please note children that are under aged will not be allowed on a game drive – securing a private vehicle will also not allow this policy.
About Shiduli Private Game Lodge
Against the backdrop of theDrakensberg Mountain Range lies Shiduli Private Game Lodge. This lodge lends itself to a perfect family bush getaway, with children of all ages welcome. Shiduli embodies grace and elegance. Guests can step into the relaxed ambience of the lodge with its lush indigenous garden dappled in shade, lounges with internet facilities, bar, enormous sparkling pool and thatched dining areas punctuated with original South African art. Traversing over 9000 hectares of supreme and diverse vegetation, with its three perennial rivers and huge Jackelberry and Leadwood trees, Shiduli is home to the Big Five, as well as a wealth of other smaller creatures and bird species.
The 30 luxury suites feature en-suite bathrooms in African tones and The Royal suite lies tucked away a short distance from the main lodge, with its own private deck and splash pool offering tranquil, unsurpassed luxury and privacy.
Kiddies on Safari
Little Paw centre at Shiduli has a children’s program at an additional cost per day.
The Thera Naka spa
Since the earliest time, Africa’s original inhabitants lived in harmony with nature. Indulge yourself in some heavenly aromas at the Shiduli spa.
The open vehicle game drives are perfect for game viewing. Enjoy a sundowner while the sun sets over the magnificent Drakensberg Mountains. Game drives which are offered morning and afternoon/evening makes for perfect photographic opportunities; enjoy the view of the Lowveld from a “kopje” amid the lush vegetation. Drives are conducted with qualified game rangers and Shangaan trackers – who will share their vast experience of the African Bush and a chance to view Cheetah on foot.
About Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Karongwe Private Game Reserve, overlooking the majestic Drakensberg mountain range in the Limpopo Province, is set apart from similar properties by the extraordinary lengths we are willing to go to in order to ensure that your stay with us is a memorable experience. It is our people that create the magic of Karongwe and our dedicated and professional team are with us not simply because they want to work on one of the best natural game reserves in the world, they are here because they genuinely care about their work and their environment – elements which they carry out with passion.
Traversing over the 9000 hectares of African bushveld, Karongwe Private Game Reserve is home to the Big Five as well as a wealth of other creatures. Some other amazing activities are also on offer in the area.
Activities near Karongwe Game Reserve
|Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre – Gain an understanding of the dangers that our wildlife faces today with a visit to the Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre. Dedicated to the conservation of endangered species and the rehabilitation of injured and poisoned wildlife.|Hot Air Ballooning (Hoedspruit) – Float over the stunning Sabie river near Hazyview – to beautiful for words!|Panorama Tour – Explore one of South Africa’s most picturesque routes with an experienced guide as you take a tour of the area’s many natural wonders – The Pinnacle, God’s Window, Lisbon Falls, Bourke’s Luck Potholes, Blyde’s River Canyon, Three Rondavels.
- Daily Guided Drives
- Bird Watching
- Day trips to Kruger National Park and Blyde River Canyon
- Panorama Route Tours
- Little paw centre for children
- Take the N4 motorway towards Mbombela (Nelspruit),
- Passing eMalahleni (Witbank) and Middleburg Turn left into eMakhazeni (Belfast)
- Once in eMakhazeni, follow the signs and turn right towards Dullstroom,
- Passing through Mashishing (Lydenburg) Continue on the R36 to Ohrigstad and the JG Strydom Tunnel
- Approximately 10km after the tunnel, turn left onto the R36 Towards Tzaneen.
- The Karongwe Game Reserve is situated on your right – Shiduli – 22km
- Head south on Argyle Road (650m)
- Then turn left toward R527 (100m)
- Turn right toward R527 (140m)
- Turn right onto R527 (31,1km)
- Turn right onto R36 (23,1km)