- Only luxury tented accommodation in Nambiti – a real ‘Out of Africa’ experience for guests.
- Relaxed and warm atmosphere, friendly staff – a home away from home.
- BIG 5 Safari game drives and great bird viewing opportunities.
- Conference Facilities.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolRock pool at the main area, not fenced
- SPAIn room massages offered (subject to availability of the therapist)
- Cellphone SignalYes (not very good)
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationNambiti Private Game Reserve
2.5 – 3 hours from Durban
3.5 – 4 hours from Johannesburg
20 minutes from Ladysmith
21 x Luxury Safari Style air-conditioned en suite elevated Tents with a private veranda & outdoor shower
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
SADC RESIDENTS MIN/MAX 3 NIGHT STAY SPECIAL OFFER!
- From R 1,830 per person per night sharing in a Luxury Tent, valid for travel from 17 September to 09 December 2021.
The above offer is on request & subject to availability.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for Residents are available on request.
- A Nambiti Rhino Protection Levy of R 70 (including VAT) per person per night applies, payable at the lodge on the day of departure, subject to change.
- Arrival/check-in at Nambiti Reserve, Woodlands Gate, is strictly from 13h00.
- A single supplement applies over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Please request the single supplement charges from your BushBreaks consultant.
- Children 0 – 3 years will stay free of charge.
- Please request child rates from your BushBreaks consultant for children aged 4 – 12 years when sharing with two adults.
- Please note that the swimming pool are is not fenced and children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- There is a custom built kiddies jungle gym located near the lodge, including slide, swings, cargo net & sand pit.
- A child friendly dinner menu option is available.
- Children under 2 years are not allowed on game drives.
- Children 2 years and older are permitted on game drives at the discretion of the game ranger.
- Kindly note that children 12 years and under will not be allowed within 50m of a big five sighting whilst on game drive, this is at the discretion of the ranger.
- A babysitting facility is available during game drives and dinner, at a nominal fee.
About Springbok Lodge
Nambiti Private Game Reserve is a private Big Five and Wonderful Seven bush retreat and game conservancy set on 20,000 acres of malaria-free bushveld in KwaZulu Natal. It has an incredible biodiversity including savannah, grasslands, thornveld and tall acacia trees. The Sundays River flows through the reserve and has two 40-metre waterfalls with magnificent ravine bush, home to several rare bird species The Nambiti Private Game Reserve has three times the carrying capacity of regions like Botswana and is the only reserve in the region with the big five. We currently have over thirty other species of game including giraffe, hippo, hyena, impala, and zebra. Encounter one of these magnificent animals only 3½ hours from Johannesburg and 2½ hours from Durban. The spirit of Africa will fill your soul and the experience will stay with you forever. The roar of lions and the ambience of a traditional boma will make you want to return, year after year.
The Nambiti Private Game Reserve is situated 25 km’s east of Ladysmith and is only 3½ hours from Johannesburg, 2½ hours from Durban and 40 minutes from the Drakensberg.
Springbok Lodge, within this Conservancy, is community owned, this lodge is ideal for large groups and has fantastic conferencing facilities ideal for conferences, corporate incentives and team building. The Lodge accommodates guests in luxury tents, with a high altitude sports facility in the pipeline, this is a must for all sports enthusiasts.
The 21 up-market and beautifully appointed tented units, each with spectacular views over the landscape and mountains beyond, are well spaced for total privacy and include an en-bathroom, veranda and outdoor shower with great views of the bushveld.
The lodge features a central boma, restaurant and bar, famous Springbok memorabilia, two sports fields in close proximity, a state-of-the-art gym with changing facilities Bush Braais and sunny skies, in a malaria-free and disability friendly zone, promises a comfortable and carefree holiday filled with much laughter and camaraderie.
About Nambiti Game Reserve
Nambiti Private Game Reserve is a private Big Five and Wonderful Seven bush retreat and game conservancy set on 20,000 acres of malaria-free bushveld in KwaZulu Natal. It has an incredible biodiversity including savannah, grasslands, thornveld and tall acacia trees. The Sundays River flows through the reserve and has two 40-metre waterfalls with magnificent ravine bush, home to several rare bird species The Nambiti Private Game Reserve has three times the carrying capacity of regions like Botswana and is the only reserve in the region with the big five. We currently have over thirty other species of game including giraffe, hippo, hyena, impala, springbok, and zebra. Encounter one of these magnificent animals only 3½ hours from Johannesburg and 2½ hours from Durban. The spirit of Africa will fill your soul and the experience will stay with you forever. The roar of lions and the ambience of a traditional boma will make you want to return, year after year.
- On site:
- Fishing (seasonal)
- Guided or self-guided birding walks within the fenced area
- Activities nearby: (Self drive or by prior arrangement)
- Historical Sites
- Battlefield Tours
- Hiking, horse riding, golf, fishing, canopy tours, helicopter rides, quad biking, curio shopping in the Berg
- Head for DURBAN on the N3.
- Once you have entered KwaZulu Natal via Van Reenen, look out for the Ladysmith Toll off-ramp and go through it. This is at the bottom of Van Reenen’s Pass.
- Continue straight on R103 to Ladysmith.
- When you arrive in Ladysmith, drive straight through – you will be on the road called HARRISMITH STREET, (look out for the following landmarks on this road)
- BP Petrol / Gas Station on the left, Pick n Pay on the left, Caltex Petrol / Gas station on your left. The road winds a bit – then at the 3 way intersection keep right till you get to the next set of traffic lights. (landmark: Shell Petrol / Gas station and Debonairs on the right and the Ladysmith Police Station is on the left)
- Go straight over at these traffic lights and turn left at the next 4 way stop,
- You are now in LYELL STREET.
- Travel straight up Lyell Street until you exit the town. (landmark: CALTEX Petrol / Gas Station and MAXI’S Restaurant on the left before exiting town) – at the next set of traffic lights (3 way stop) – continue straight on the N11 towards Newcastle.
- On the outskirts of Ladysmith you will find another set of traffic lights at a 4 way intersection (and some road works) – travel straight on – in the direction of NEWCASTLE.
- Continue 10km’s then you will see the brown NAMBITI sign on the left as well as a small sign which reads D45.
- Turn Right onto the D45 Road (Gravel / Sand road) and follow for 10.3Km’s
- At the T-Junction turn right, travel along-side the game fence for 2 km until you reach WOODLANDS GATE. (a thatched guard–house with flags and electric gate).
- On arrival at the gate the gate guard will notify us of your arrival.
- Please drive yourself to our undercover car park area and wait for your Springbok Lodge ranger to meet you there.
Please note that cellphone reception in this area is erratic.
- Travel on the N3 in the direction of Harrismith –> Johannesburg
- Travel through the Mooi River Toll Gate
- Continue on the N3 – travel past Estcourt
- Continue on the N3 to the Bergville Toll Plaza
- Take exit 230 for N11/R616 towards Ladysmith/Bergville
- Turn right onto N11/R616 – travel along this road till you reach the Y junction
- Then turn left onto N11/R103
- Continue till you reach the T – Junction
- Turn RIGHT. Please keep to the indicated speed limit as this is a hot spot for traffic fines – drive STRAIGHT through – you will be on the road called HARRISMITH STREET, (look out for the following landmarks on the left BP Petrol / Gas Station and Marks Tyres (Dunlop).
- Continue straight through the traffic lights.
- At the next traffic lights continue STRAIGHT. (landmark: look out for the SA Police Station (on the left).
- Turn LEFT into MURCHISON STREET.
- Travel through the traffics at ABSA BANK, the pedestrian crossing, through the next traffic lights and the next one. (landmark: Hospice is on the left).
- At the next traffic lights TURN RIGHT (landmark: CALTEX PETROL / GAS STATION on the right).
- At the traffic light TURN LEFT
- Continue STRAIGHT on the N11 (towards NEWCASTLE) through the next traffic light intersection; continue under the railway bridge to the next traffic light intersection. (landmark: look out for HYUNDAI MOTORS on the left)
- Continue STRAIGHT and travel for approx. 7km.
- TURN RIGHT onto the D45 (a hard surface sand road). [landmark: a small green D45 sign as well as a NAMBITI GAME RESERVE sign board on the left.)
- Continue STRAIGHT for 10.2Km’s
- At the Y – JUNCTION turn RIGHT, travel alongside the Game fence for 2 km until you reach the NAMBITI GAME RESERVE gate and thatched guardhouse.
- On arrival at the gate you will be required to fill in the visitors book and you will be issued with a white permit slip – please bring the permit slip with you to the lodge and hand it on check in. On check out day we will sign the slip and you will be required to hand it in at the gate again to exit the Reserve.
Please note that cellphone reception in this area is erratic