- Unlimited luxury, comfort and service.
- A Big 5 Safari Lodge on Zuka Private Game Reserve.
- The only privately owned boutique lodge in the 31 0000 hectares of the Mun-ya-wana Big Five Conservancy.
- A photographic hide offering the opportunity to be at eye-level with the water to take spectacular shots of wildlife at the pan.
- Guided bush walks.
- Sungulwane offers warm, friendly Zululand hospitality at its best.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- SPATreatments On Request
- Cellphone SignalLimited
- Malaria AreaNo
- Wheelchair FriendlyNo
LocationNorth Western part of Zuka Private Game Reserve, KwaZulu Natal
7 Hours from Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport
3 Hours from Durban King Shaka International Airport
2 Hours from Richards Bay Airport
35 Minutes from Mkuze Airstrip
6 x Luxury Suites
2 x Family Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates exclude a Conservation Levy of R 175 per person per day, which will be added to the invoice for accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
- Please request rates for single accommodation from your BushBreaks & More consultant.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Sungulwane Private Game Lodge.
- Children aged 0 – 2 years will be accommodated free of charge.
- Children aged 2 – 12 years pay 50% of the adult sharing rate per child per night.
- It is possible to add an extra bed in the Luxury Suite, however, only a maximum of 2 triples at any one time and a maximum of 20 guests in camp in total are permitted.
- Children are charged the full Conservation Levies during their stay no matter their age.
- Child must be under adult supervision at all times as the camp is unfenced and the communal pool is uncovered and unmanned.
- Children 0 – 3 years can stay at the lodge during activities and child-minding is available at extra cost. They are not permitted to go on game drives due to the nature of this activity in a dangerous game area.
- For children 4 – 6 years a private vehicle needs to be booked for game drives, at an additional charge.
About Sungulwane Private Game Lodge
Sungulwane Private Game Lodge is an exclusive, Big 5 Safari lodge situated on Zuka Private Game Reserve. With 8 private suites, it’s the ultimate intimate African bush experience for you and a loved one, friends or the whole family. Sungulwane has a contemporary African design and architecture which is inspired by traditional African culture brought together by organic textures and shapes. Let Africa embrace you whether you are relaxing on a lounger by the pool, sipping on a glass of red wine while the flames dance in the firepit or enjoying a gourmet dining experience in the Boma… beneath the Milky Way.
Family Suite: 2 x four sleepers. Both family suites are complete with one king size bed & an adjacent room with two single beds. Each suite has an outdoor shower and large wooden deck with views over the valley.
Luxury Suite: – 6 x two sleepers. An extensive private deck with large stack back doors and outdoor shower allow for endless stargazing or daydreaming over the uninterrupted views of the valley.
- Air Conditioning
- Balcony / Deck
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Electrical outlets
- Hair dryer
- Laundry service
- Lounge area
- Outside shower
- Pure cotton linen
- Tea / Coffee
- 24-hour Security
- Communal dining
- Complimentary internet access
- Private vehicle available
- Secure parking
- Big 5
- Bird watching
- Game drives
- Game viewing
- Game viewing Hide/Photography Hide
- Game walks
- Night drives
- Guided walks
- Wildlife tours
About Zuka Private Game Reserve
Sungulwane is situated in the North Western part of Zuka Private Game Reserve and forms part of the Mun-Ya-Wana Conservancy. The conservancy one of KZN’s premier private game reserves is made up of an association of three founding members: andBeyond Phinda, Zuka Pty Ltd (Zuka Private Game Reserve) and SKS Estates (Bumbeni). This incredibly diverse conservation area boasts over 31,000 ha of unspoiled wilderness and borders the iSimangaliso Wetland Park which is a world heritage site.
- Animal encounters
- Boat cruises
- Deep sea fishing
- Scuba diving
- Whale watching
From Durban / The South:
- When travelling northbound on the N2 highway continue 32km past Hluhluwe, turn right at the Baobab Inn sign posted Bayala.
From Johannesburg / The North:
- When travelling southbound on the N2 continue on for 85km after Pongola passing the Mkuzeturn off. Turn left at the Baobab Inn sign posted Bayala.
Coming from either direction: Proceed along the gravel road and pass over the railway line, at the T-junction turn right, sign posted Sungulwane. Continue until you see a large entrance gateon your left indicating Sungulwane Private Game Lodge.