- Nestled on the slopes of the Sabie River Valley, deep in the Lowveld forest, Tanamera Lodge is a small exclusive lodge offering luxurious accommodation amongst quiet surroundings & breath-taking scenery.
- Our five magnificent luxury chalets are fully serviced, and boast king-size beds with mosquito nets, stone baths, waterfall showers, fireplaces, and private decks with splash pools, from which you can take in the inspiring view.
- From Tanamera you may explore the Lowveld Panorama, including sights such as God’s Window & The Blyde River Canyon. The Kruger National Park – Phabeni Gate – is a 30 minute drive.
- Big FiveNo
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyNo Children under 16
- PoolYes - Private Plunge Pool (not heated)
- SPAIn-room Massages
- AirconFans Only
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationBetween Sabie and Hazyview, Mpumalanga
4.5 hour drive by road from Johannesburg. Daily scheduled flights: Johannesburg ? Nelspruit/KMIA and 1 hour road transfer to the lodge.
5 Luxury Chalets ? 4 x with River View & 1x with Forest View
2 Honeymoon Chalets ? River View
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for single accommodation rates.
- Tanamera can not accommodate children under the age of 16 years.
About Tanamera Lodge
Tanamera Lodge is a private, romantic retreat, nestled on the malaria-free slopes of the Sabie River Valley, offering luxurious accommodation and breathtaking Lowveld scenery. Being centrally located, guests are able to explore the Lowveld Panorama, including sights such as God’s Window, the Blyde River Canyon and Pilgrim’s Rest. We are 4 Star graded and offer beautifully decorated rooms with personal touches and attention to detail. Each chalet is complete with a tea and coffee selection, a log fireplace to keep you warm over wintry nights, and ceiling fans for hot summer nights.
Our five magnificent Luxury Chalets are fully serviced and offer king-size beds with mosquito nets, huge stone baths, waterfall showers, fireplaces and outside, loungers adjacent to private cool water plunge pools. Of these chalets, 4 have a River View and 1 has a Forest View. In addition to this the two Honeymoon Chalets offer open-door outside showers on private decks with outstanding river valley views from private decks and a sitting room / dining area. Each Chalet is secluded, private and surrounded by the unspoilt indigenous bush.
The main lodge area is tastefully decorated and comprises a dining area, a comfortable lounge and a bar. You can step down onto our main deck, where there is a rim-flow pool, to absorb the exceptional views over the cascading Sabie River Valley. Meals are served with guests seated together in our main lodge, on the candle-lit deck, or privately in your chalet / on your deck.
Rates include dinner as well as bed and breakfast. A scenic drive to Hazyview (19km) or Sabie (25km), leads to a choice of eateries for lunches and snacks.
With the Kruger National Park’s Phabeni Gate just a short 30-minute drive, our visitors may easily access this world-renowned Big 5 reserve on self-driven or guided safari tours. Activities in the area include elephant encounters, white water rafting, microlight flights and much more!
We are in a forest and mountain area, with excellent views into the Sabie River Valley. Try bird-watching, hiking and around the lodge. This is a birder’s paradise and home to birds such as the Narina Trogon and Purple Crested Turaco. You may encounter red duiker, and rarely seen avi-fauna, including the elusive Gorgeous Bush Shrikes, Crowned Eagles, owls and more. Enjoy a relaxing massage or beauty treatment in the privacy of your chalet. We outsource spa treatments, all brought directly to you. Range includes hot stone massage, back & neck massage, sports massage, swedish massage – advance booking is essential!
Spend a full day absorbed in Mpumalanga’s most spectacular scenery. Visit the 3rd largest canyon in the world, the Blyde River followed by 3 Rondawels, Bourkes Luck Potholes, God’s Window, a light lunch in Graskop, South of Graskop, where the Sabie River rises are numerous waterfalls tumble down the mountains, visit the beautiful Berlin Falls and Lisbon Falls.
We can help you arrange one of many adventure activities in the area, which is abundant in thrills for all ages and ability. Head off an adventurous ride quad-biking through the scenic Sabie River Valley with an experienced guide, with a high emphasis on enjoying nature. Explore the art of archery in an exciting and fun way, using standard “long–bows”. Mountain biking trails offer a variety of spectacular Mountain Bike Trails within the Sabie River Valley. Enjoy 20 exhilarating rapids (grade 2 to 3) surrounded by indigenous forest or take the chance to descend the Sabie River Gorge with a “Gecko” (a Gecko is a white water tube). Try a Treetops Canopy Tour or white water rafting. We can also recommend golf, safari drives, horse-riding, mountain-biking and abseiling.
Tanamera is perfect for romantic getaways and with a maximum of 14 guests at any time, the attention to detail and personal approach we will have you feeling at home and spoiled in no time. For any special occasions, talk to us!
- Hiking and bird watching
- Massages � in the privacy of your chalet � advance booking essential!
- explore the Lowveld Panorama, including sights such as God’s Window & The Blyde River Canyon
- The Kruger National Park – Phabeni Gate – is a 30 minute driveACTIVITIES CLOSE BY AT AN ADDITIONAL COST:
- Guided Panoramic Tours and trips to Blyde River Canyon, Bourke�s Luck Potholes, Gods Window and many other waterfall sites
- Self-drive & Guided Safari in Kruger National Park � Phabeni Gate (30 minute drive)
- Adventure activities – White River Rafting, Geckoing, Quad biking, Abseiling
- Hikes in Sabie
- Horse Riding
- Golf � various resorts
- Sabie Valley Coffee Shop
- Helicopter and Hot air Balloon Rides
- Curio shops (Hazyview / Sabie)
- Elephant Interactions
- Shanagana Cultural Village (20 minute drive)
- Chimpanzee Eden � Dr Jane Goodall (1 hour 20 minute drive)
- Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre (HESC) + Mohoholo (1 hour 30 minute drive)
- Roots of Rhythm Cultural Village & Shows (1 hour 30 minute drive)
FROM JOHANNESBURG VIA N4 DULLSTROOM/LYDENBERG/SABIE
The drive should take approximately 5 hours depending on the roads.
Take the N4 from Johannesburg past Benoni, Witbank and Middleburg. Go through the Middleburg toll (R23) and stay on this road until the Belfast off-ramp, there will be a Wimpy at a one stop on the right hand side of the highway. Take the Belfast off-ramp, and turn left at the stop street towards Belfast/Dullstroom. Stay on this road through Belfast, turning right at the last main stop street in Belfast (You will see a sign saying “Dullstroom right” on your left hand side). Stay on this road all the way through Dullstroom. At a T-junction, and you will turn left towards Lydenburg. Drive this road until you reach a Stop street, turn right at this stop (follow the Kruger Park and Long Tom Pass signboards). Drive past the Lydenburg Museum, through Long Tom Pass & Devils Knuckles into Sabie. At the first Stop street in Sabie, turn right. At the next Stop street, diagonally opposite The Woodsman pub, turn right onto the R536. Follow the R536 (beware of pot holes!) for approximately 25kms/driving time approx. 25 minutes and look for our signboard on your left hand side. We share an entrance with Timamoon Lodge. Drive to the lodge +- 5 minutes.
VIA HAZYVIEW FROM KRUGER NATIONAL PARK (PHABENI/PAUL KRUGER GATE)
When leaving the Kruger National Park through the Paul Kruger Gate, travel straight along this road for approximately 45km on the R536 towards Hazyview. When leaving the Kruger National Park through Phabeni Gate. Drive until reaching the T-junction. Turn left to continue along the R536 towards Hazyview. On arrival in Hazyview, pass Spar center on left hand side, at first robot turn right. Cross over 1st stop street passing a Total garage on left hand side. At 2nd stop street turn left (Perry’s Bridge Trading Post on left hand side – stop here for fuel, light lunches, refreshments, coffee, curios). You have now rejoined the R536 towards Sabie. Please be careful as there are pot holes on the R536! Travel for approximately 19km/ 15 minutes driving, passing Windmill Wineshop / Bohm’s Zeederburg. Look to the right hand side and turn right into Tanamera entrance.
NB: we share an entry road with Timamoon Lodge. Drive to the lodge +- 5 minutes along a dirt road following the signs.