- This is a completely exclusive experience. The 6 500-hectare (16 000 acre) concession is available to the Tanda Tula Field Camp guests only.
- A very special handpicked group of staff have been selected to run the camp.
- Each group will be assigned a specialist guide to lead the group on trails, he will be accompanied by his tracker and an armed backup guide.
- Personal chef, waiter and barmen will ensure that all meals and drinks are top notch.
- A private Land Rover is also available.
- Big FiveYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyChildren of 6 years and older are welcome at Tanda Tula Safari Camp
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaYes ( Low Risk)
LocationTimbavati Game Reserve , Mpumalanga
By Air-Federal Air offers a twice daily scheduled flight from Johannesburg OR Tambo to Timbavati. SA Express offers two daily flights into Hoedspruit from Johannesburg and three per week from Cape Town. There are 3 weekly flights from Cape Town International (Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday)
By Road-Self-Drive – Guests can make their way to Tanda Tula Safari Camp in order to park their car and then they will be transferred to Field Camp by the Field Camp guide in an open Land Rover.
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
IMPORTANT NOTICE: TANDA TULA SAFARI CAMP IS UNDERGOING A FULL REBUILD & WILL BE CLOSED FROM 01 MARCH 2022 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR BUSHBREAKS CONSULTANT FOR ALTERNATIVE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Timbavati Conservation Levy of R 115 per person per night & Tanda Tula foundation contribution fee of R 90 per person per stay applies which needs to be pre-paid with the accommodation costs on confirmation of the booking. (Subject to change)
- Timbavati Gate Entrance Fee of R 230 per vehicle entry applies, based on a light motor vehicle, for self-drive guests. Payable in cash at the gate and subject to change.
- Landing fees at Rockfig Airstrip R 495 per person per landing / take off, which needs to be pre-paid with the accommodation costs on confirmation of the booking. (Subject to change)
- Please request the single supplement charges from your BushBreaks consultant.
- Children of 6 years and older are welcome
- Please request child rates from your BushBreaks consultant.
About Tanda Tula Safari Camp
Located in the heart of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger National Park, in 1976 Tanda Tula Safari Camp became the first East African styled, luxury tented safari camp in South Africa.
Today, Tanda Tula consists of two exclusive tented camps: Tanda Tula Safari Camp and Tanda Tula Field Camp. Both camps are owned and managed by Don and Nina Scott, together with their passionate and dedicated team.
The Timbavati reserve hosts phenomenal concentrations of Africa’s game including the famous ‘Big Five’ in one of the most beautiful parts of the continent. Much of this game make their way through both camps, offering guests an opportunity to get even closer to nature.
Tanda Tula Safari Camp is positioned amongst enormous trees on the banks of the Nhlaralumi Riverbed, in the heart of Big Five country. Visitors are welcomed into this picturesque camp which exudes “elegance with African roots”.
Tanda Tula Safari Camp is owned and run by Don and Nina Scott, together with their incredible team of staff. Guests are immediately captivated by the down-to-earth atmosphere of this family home, as well as the charm and warmth of the people that live and work here.
The camp is completely unfenced merging luxury with the natural environment.
The tented camp consists of just 12 secluded, luxury tents, each with a breathtaking view over the riverbed. The East African styled tents are the epitome of simple luxury, comfort and style mirroring the early tented camps of Africa. Each luxurious tent features its own en-suite bathroom, Victorian bathtub, outdoor shower and a spacious deck overlooking the riverbed and African bush.
Unquestionably, Tanda Tula Field Camp is the most authentic glamping “glamorous camping” experience in South Africa. This private use camp is located in the eastern region of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, bordering the Kruger National Park in an exclusive concession of 6500 hectares.
Tanda Tula Field Camp is the ultimate exclusive experience in guided walking safaris where guests are led by iconic and highly trained trackers and guides, tracking general game and the big five on foot making this a thrilling and life changing safari experience. The atmosphere of the camp is that of a bygone era.
- Interactive cooking
- Wildlife tracking on foot
- Star gazing
Tanda Tula Safari Camp
Daily Flights and transfres from the airport