- Tangala Safari Camp is located in the heart of world renowned Thornybush Big 5 Game Reserve within the Greater Kruger National Park.
- An warm & friendly eco-friendly camp, offering special discounted rates, great hosting, comfortable accommodation and thrilling game drives, guests are assured an unforgettable experience
- A luxury glamping experience at a small intimate camp. Accommodation comprises of 4 chalets and 6 luxury tents, complete with covered patios, twin beds under mosquito nets and ensuite bathrooms which include his and her basins, shower and toilet.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyNo children under 12 years
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- AirconFans Only
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationThornybush Big 5 Game Reserve, Greater Kruger National Park
5 hours drive from Johannesburg
30 minutes drive from Hoedspruit Airport (Eastgate)
Daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg or Cape Town to Hoedspruit Airport.(Eastgate)
6 x Safari Tents (Twin or King beds)
4 x Chalets (Twin beds)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed above are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to SADC Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates exclude a Conservation fee of R 250 per person per stay, which will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- Children under 12 years are not permitted at Tangala Safari Camp.
About Tangala Safari Camp
Situated within the Big 5 Thornybush Game Reserve, Tangala Safari Camp overlooks a wide open plain, active waterhole and has sweeping views of the majestic Drakensberg mountain range. From here guests enjoy the sights and sounds that the African Bush has to offer and with their friendly staff and knowledgeable guides to interpret this. guests are assured of a memorable experience. Tangala retains its authenticity and closeness to nature and runs “off the grid”, boasting solar power and natural gas to fuel the camp. The camp itself is rustic and authentic with an informal and relaxed atmosphere, perfect to unwind and to get back in touch with nature. Public areas include an open plan lounge and dining room, open air deck, swimming pool and viewing lounge – all overlooking the waterhole which is located in front of the camp where the game viewing within the confines of the lodge is prolific. Brunch, high tea and dinner are served and the variety and offering are both tasty and substantial. The camp offers early morning and evening safaris and our guides and expert trackers are there to show you nature at its best, in their natural environment and without interference. The reserve is within The Greater Kruger National Park and the game viewing and birdlife are abundant with regular big game sightings. Guests staying at Tangala are assured of a welcoming and warm experience, arriving as visitors and leaving as friends.
ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION
Accommodation comprises 4 chalets and 6 luxury tents, complete with covered patios, twin beds under mosquito nets and ensuite bathrooms which include his and her basins, shower and toilet.
About Thornybush Game Reserve
Adjacent to the Greater Kruger National Park lies 11 500 hectares of pristine African bushveld, this is the Thornybush Game Reserve. The reserve is home to an abundance of species – 147 mammals including the “Big Five”, 114 reptiles, 507 birds, 49 fish, 34 amphibians and 336 trees. The reserve is predominantly open savannah and with a near perfect year round climate, it is the ideal African safari holiday destination. The classic bush landscape both absorbs and comforts you as if you’ve happened upon an old friend. A well-known destination for local and international visitors Thornybush has earned its reputation as one of the countries finest bush experiences. Situated within 14 000 hectares of pristine wilderness, adjacent to the Kruger National Park, the Thornybush Nature Reserve is a true escape from the madness of city life. This haven, which is just over 5 hours drive from Johannesburg has scooped numerous world firsts, both for conservation and hospitality. Thornybush Game Reserve has evolved over the years into a visitors paradise. Bush lovers can saturate themselves, not only in the big five, but also in the remarkable fauna and flora.
Waterhole/ Hide/ Riverfront Feature
- Follow the N4 out to Nelspruit. From there take the R40, north to Hazyview/Bushbuck Ridge. Proceeding through Klaserie, still on the R40 you will arrive at Guernsy where you will turn-off, right.
- Follow this road for almost 12km (7.4 miles) toward Thornybush Reserve, South Africa. Arriving at a T-junction, turn right and proceed about 200m to Tangala’s private gate. From the gate, continue on for approximately 7km (4.3 miles), where you will arrive at Tangala Safari Camp in the Thornybush Game Reserve, South Africa.
Follow the R40, north toward Klaserie. You will arrive at Guernsy where you will turn-off, left. Follow this road for almost 12km (7.4 miles) toward Thornybush Reserve. Arriving at a T-junction, turn right and proceed about 200m to the private gate. From the gate, proceed for approximately 7km (4.3 miles), where you will arrive at the camp in the Thornybush Game Reserve, South Africa.
Daily flights from Cape Town and Johannesburg directly to Hoedspruit Airport.