- The pristine white sands of Long Beach stretch for 8 kilometres.
- You can watch whales from your patio or the living room in season or enjoy fresh lobster on the open deck.
- Cape Point and Simonstown are a 15 minute drive from The Last Word Long Beach.
- Child PolicyChildren 6 years and older are welcomeat The Last word Long beach
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- SPAIn-room Massages
- AirconAircon and under-floor heating
- Cellphone SignalYes / Wi-fi
LocationLong Beach, Kommetjie, Cape Town
Daily flights from Johannesburg to Cape Town.
Approximately 45 minute drive from Cape Town International Airport.
3 Superior Doubles
1 Junior Suite
2 Elegant Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
SPECIAL RATES OFFERED ABOVE ARE VALID FOR SA/SADC RESIDENTS.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Last Word Long Beach rate includes bed and breakfast and a complimentary Seafood dinner per night.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Single accommodation rates are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for a quote.
- Children 6 years and older are welcome at The Last Word Long Beach.
- Children from 12 years and older are considered adults and will have to take their own room at the applicable rates.
- Children between the ages of 0 – 11 years may share with parents in the following room categories: Elegant Suite and Junior Suite.
- Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for special discounted rates.
About The Last Word Long Beach
The Last Word Long Beach is right on the beach in the picturesque lobster-fishing village of Kommetjie, a short 30 minute drive from Cape Town. The 8 kilometres of fine white powdered sand set against a backdrop of the most stunning sea views offer a romantic hideaway with the sea right on your doorstep.
It is an unspoilt paradise in which to walk, horse ride, surf or laze in the sun. From the inviting pool or your private deck you can watch whales frolic a hundred metres off shore and in season. You can catch your own lobster and request it for dinner. Koometjie is one of the premier surfing and marine birding hotspots in South Africa and has the country’s tallest cast iron lighthouse open to the public.
The Last Word Long Beach has six ultra luxurious rooms all with stylishly comfortable interiors and private patios. Each spectacularly appointed room faces the sea as do the bathrooms. The interior design incorporates tranquil blues, hand painted fabrics with splashes of colour that compliment the exquisite coastal setting.
Breakfasts are a speciality offering a wide choice of interesting fare. An in-house chauffeur service is available to guests for restaurant transfers or tailored tours to the highlights of Cape Town.
- Premier Surfing
- Lobster fishing (in season)
- Horse riding on the beach
- Township tours
- Baboon Walks
- Lighthouse Tour
- Walking trails (beaches, fynbos)
- Marine Bird Watching
- Noordhoek Farm Village
- Chapman’s Peak drive
- Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Cape Point Vineyards
- Whale watching
FROM CAPE TOWN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Follow the N2 from the airport towards Cape Town City Centre
- Turn left on to the M3 Muizenberg off ramp
- Continue on the M3 to Muizenberg until you get to the T-Junction at the end
- Turn right and at the second set of traffic lights turn left on to Ou Kaapse Weg
- Travel over the mountain and at the second set of traffic lights turn right into Kommetjie Road
- Once in Kommetjie, turn third right into Kirsten Avenue
- The Last Word Long Beach is just over the top of the road on the right