- Thonga Beach Lodge is set on the pristine shores of the Maputuland coast, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- Thonga Beach Lodge is nestled into beautiful coastal dune forest with sweeping views of the stunning beach below.
- The thatched bush suites provide guest privacy and were carefully constructed to ensure minimal impact on the environment.
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- Pool2 pools at main area and 2 deluxe ocean suites with a private plunge pool
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalYes / Wi-Fi
- Malaria AreaYes (Low Risk Area)
LocationiSimangaliso Wetland Park, Northern Kwazulu Natal
Johannesburg to LIBRODI LODGE in Sodwana Bay approximately 8 hours by road. King Shaka Airport to LIBRODI LODGE in Sodwana Bay approximately 5 hours by road. Richard?s Bay to LIBRODI LODGE in Sodwana Bay approximately 3.5 hours by road. Visitors in non 4×4 vehicles will be collected at a safe pick up point for transfers into camp. Scheduled transfers can be arranged at 12h00 & 15h00 only.
2 x Deluxe double suites with Ocean View
3 x Twin/ double rooms with Ocean View
7 x Twin rooms with Forest View
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
SPECIAL OFFER RATES ARE STRICTLY VALID FOR SADC RESIDENTS.
SPECIAL DISCOUNTED RATES FOR THE ADDITIONAL ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to SADC Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Return transfers to lodge from non 4×4 parking – collection at 12h00 & 15h00 – will be at an additional charge of between R 310 to R 340 per person, dependent on time of travel. Subject to change without prior notice.
- Please note that the transfer vehicle will wait for approximately 15 minutes and if the lodge has not been contacted regarding a late arrival the lodge vehicle will depart. Another vehicle will be sent when available at an extra cost.
- The latest transfer out of Thonga Beach Lodge is 10h30 a.m. and no later.
- Thonga Beach Lodge is in the iSimangaliso Wetland Park & Park Fees apply, which will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. Subject to change without prior notice:
- R 36 per adult per stay / R 18 per child (4-12 years) per stay and R 32 per 4×4 vehicle, valid until 31 July 2022.
- Isibindi Foundation Levy per person per night applies from 13 years and older: R 86 per person per night, valid until 31 July 2022, which will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change without prior notice)
- Single accommodation will be charged an extra 30% single supplement.
- Children 3 years and under stay free of charge.
- Children from 4-18 years only are charged child rates at Thonga Beach Lodge. Additional children are accommodated on a stretcher type bed or cot depending on age & requirements of child.
- Additional persons over 18 years cannot be accommodated in any rooms to share with 2 adults.
- Children of 19 years & over travelling with parents are charged adult rates.
- Thonga Beach Lodge can accommodate 1 additional child per room. 3 Family suites are available. Max of 6 children under 8 years at any time.
- Please contact your BushBreaks consultant for applicable child rates.
About Thonga Beach Lodge
12 suites in Robinson Crusoe-chic! The thatched en-suite rooms have been carefully constructed in the coastal dune forest to ensure minimum impact on the environment whilst still ensuring maximum guest comfort. Five of the rooms offer sea views, whilst others are set within the dune forest. Each room has a double vanity, stone bath, indoor shower, separate toilet, bar fridge, ceiling fan, mosquito net, private balcony, thatched 50 square metres. The rooms vary between 30m and 120m from the beach. All suites are air-conditioned. Lake Sibaya is 6 kms from the lodge.
Our lounge, nestled high in the canopy of the dune forest, offers panoramic views of the Indian Ocean. Alternatively enjoy sundowners in the bar lounge or on the cool deck under the Coastal Milkwood trees.
ABOUT ISIMANGALISO WETLAND PARK
Set in the secluded Mabibi bay, on the Elephant Coast (Northern KwaZulu-Natal), Thonga Beach Lodge is in the heart of the Isimangaliso Wetland Park, an internationally recognized World Heritage Site. Mabibi is a magical place of tranquil swimming bays and snorkelling reefs, coastal forests, grasslands, bush, shimmering lakes and exquisite sandy beaches. It‟s clear, warm waters offer superb snorkelling and fantastic offshore scuba diving.
- Lake Sibaya
- Sundowner Drive & Kayaking
- Turtle Tracking walks/drives (Nov-end Feb)
- Open Ocean Experience
- Bird watching
- Fly-fishing (bring own equipment and permit)
- Guided Walks
- Tsonga Cultural Experience
- Scuba Diving