- Saseka Tented Camp, the brand new addition to the The Thornybush Collection, is perfectly situated along the Monwana River welcoming a variety of animals to its banks, all of which can be seen from the comfort of large private wooden-deck of the 8 Luxury Suites also featuring an outdoor shower, private splash pool.
- Saseka’s Leadwood Villa is perfect for small groups or families and includes a private game drive vehicle with ranger and tracker.
- The Thornybush Game Reserve is a well-known destination for local and international visitors and has earned its reputation as one of South Africa’s finest Big Five Safari experiences.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyChildren of all ages welcome at Leadwood Villa only
- PoolYes - main area pool & private pools in Tents
- SPATreatments at Thornybush Amani Spa (guests will be transferred)
- Cellphone SignalLimited
- Malaria AreaYes
- WI-FI FriendlyYes
LocationThornybush Game Reserve
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
MIDWEEK MIN/MAX 4 NIGHT STAY SPECIAL OFFER!
From R 3,744 per person per night sharing (Sunday to Thursday)
Valid 01 September to 15 December 2021, excluding public holidays and long weekends.
Based on accommodation in a Luxury Tent and only applicable midweek, Sunday to Thursday.
Long stay special offer based on a 4 night stay only.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to SA Residents only. Special Discounted rates for International Residents are available on request
- Rates exclude a Conservation Fee of R 495 per person per booking & a TOMSA Levy of R 14 per person per night, which must be pre-paid upon booking. Rates are subject to change.
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- Saseka Tented Camp: Children from 12 years of age are welcome.
- Leadwood Villa at Saseka: Welcomes children of all ages when booked along with a private vehicle, subject to availability and at an additional cost.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult during game drives.
- Children under 16 years of age are not permitted on bush walks.
About Thornybush Saseka Tented Camp
Saseka Tented Camp is the latest & brand new addition to The Thornybush Collection opened in March 2019 offering luxury safari lodge accommodation within the Thornybush Nature reserve situated in the greater Kruger National Park.
Saseka features 8 luxurious tented suites, sleeping 2 guests each. You will also have your own private deck and splash pool as well as every luxury expected from a Thornybush Collection establishment. This is a full-board offering with three meals a day, all safari game drives and local beverages included in the rate.
The breath-taking Leadwood Villa, which forms part of Saseka Tented Camp, can sleep 4 adults and two children in two separate rooms, with a central entertainment area featuring a lounge and dining area for private meals, separate from the rest of the lodge. The large outdoor deck features a splash pool with pool loungers for ultimate privacy and relaxation. The Villa is perfect for exclusive use by families, friends or groups.
The lodge’s main area, a combination of wood and stone cladding, blends naturally into the surrounding environment and offers both an upper and lower-deck area for a spectacular dining experience or for elegant lounging. The tranquil water feature is surrounded by large dual fire places with a modern Mozambique technique used for the grass roofing. An intimate curio shop will ensure guests depart with a piece of Saseka memorabilia to take home with them.
Guests can enjoy meals that meet various dietary requirements prepared from locally sourced produce in the communal area of the lodge.
The Thornybush Luxury Game Lodge Collection is known for incredible service and attention to detail, so booking your stay at Saseka Tented Camp is guaranteed to deliver a high-quality, professional safari experience.
Morning & evening game drives – can be enjoyed by all guests at Saseka, guided by professionals on an open safari vehicle. Giving each person the perfect opportunity to experience the untouched wilderness of Africa.
The day starts as dawn breaks over the African bushveld. After an early morning wake-up call, coffee, tea and rusks are served on the main deck. Shortly after, depart in an open Land Cruiser with experienced Rangers and Trackers who will share their extensive knowledge of the bush. These drives are undertaken at times best suited for game viewing which varies depending on the season but typically starts early morning. Where applicable you may be invited out of the vehicle to see tracks, examine certain plants and follow spoor. The afternoon game drive is preceded by high tea and extends into the evening to view seldom seen nocturnal species by torchlight.
Guided Bush Walks – after a sumptuous Breakfast is served either back at the camp or in the riverbed or bush, guests are offered safari bush walks to suit their interests and fitness levels and are accompanied by an armed ranger and tracker. Walks allow guests a better chance to see some of the smaller creatures of the bush as well as an opportunity to learn more about the flora and fauna of the region, and to have a chance to follow tracks in more detail.
Thornybush Amani Spa – Guests accommodated at Saseka Tented Camp may make use of the Thornybush Amani Spa. Guests will be transferred to the Spa for their treatment and return to Saseka thereafter. Amani African Spas is an authentically South African Spa brand, which has a distinctive 360º approach to health and wellness. This is indeed what places Amani Spas apart from other service providers in the country.
What can you expect from Saseka?
Apart from excellent & personalised service from well-trained staff members, Saseka is situated on the Thornybush Reserve and therefore guests will be provided with diverse game viewing. The lodge has been carefully situated to provide guests with the opportunity to truly experience the wilderness. The lodge will overlook the seasonal Monwana River which brings all types of animals to its banks, which can all be seen from the comfort of your very own private deck.
About The Thornybush Game Reserve – The Thornybush Reserve sits on 14 000 hectares of untouched wilderness, and now that the fences between the Kruger National Park and the private game reserves adjacent to it have been removed, animals are able to move freely across much larger tracts of lands, improving the possibility of you seeing the Big Five and a more diverse range of animals.
Serondella and n’Kaya Guests will be collected from Thornybush Waterside Lodge.
• At Hoedspruit take the R 40 south towards Bushbuckridge