- Five luxury suites with various accommodation types including inter-leading family units
- The lodge is child friendly with daily children’s activities on offer, children 6 years and older are allowed on scheduled game drives
- Exclusive use options available for multi-generational family travel, groups and corporate breakaways
- Located in a malaria free area and in close proximity to Johannesburg and Pretoria, an approximate 3 hour drive
- Kosher dining facilities available
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyAll Ages Welcome
- PoolYes, main swimming pool
- AirconYes, in the main bedroom of each unit
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaNo
- Wheelchair FriendlyNo
LocationWelgevonden Game Reserve, Waterberg
3 hours drive from Johannesburg
Private charter flights into the reserve
2 x 1 Bedroom units sleeping 2 people
2 x 3 Bedroom units sleeping 6 people
1 x 2 Bedroom unit sleeping 4 people
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Pick up from the Welgevonden Main gate is 12h30 – 13h00.
- Parking for guest vehicles: no cover / slight cover by trees. 24hr security. Guide will collect guests at gate. Guests need to call lodge when they drive through Modimolle (Nylstroom).
- Conservation levy of R 150 per person per stay applies. To be settled at the lodge direct on departure and subject to change.
- Gate Fee of R165 per person per day is excluded and will be added to your invoice at the time of booking.
- Room check out is at 10h00 for the departure from the lodge back to the Welgevonden Main Gate at 11h00.
- Early/Late arrivals need to be requested with the lodge direct in advance. An additional charge of approximately R 500 per transfer applies. (Subject to change)
- Single accommodation rates are available on request. Please ask your BushBreaks consultant for a quote.
- Children of all ages are welcome
- Children 0 – 5 years will be accommodated free of charge when sharing with 2 adults.
- Children 6 – 15 years will be accommodated at 50% of the adult sharing rate when sharing with 2 adults.
- Children 16 years and older will be charged the full adult rates.
- Childminding services are available for families where children are not able to go on scheduled game drives. R 150 per hour for maximum 2 children per childminder, subject to change.
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on game drives unless the lodge is booked exclusively, however they can join a bush bumble after breakfast which includes a child friendly activity. No additional beds or private safari vehicles available.
About Tintswalo Family Camp
Tintswalo Family Camp is strategically positioned to offer a unique safari experience, with the option of a Kosher kitchen, all within 3 hours’ drive from Johannesburg. Welcoming children of all ages, the camp is protected by electric fencing against predators and other dangerous game to allow young guests the freedom to enjoy the outside areas. It offers a choice of 1, 2 and 3-bedroom suites and is also available on an exclusive-use basis, which is suited to bigger family groups or executive breakaways where one party takes over the full camp.
- Roller Bird and Kingfisher are luxury three-bedroom units, each with 2 bathrooms and a deck overlooking the wilderness
- Owl and Crested Barbet are luxury one-bedroom units with an en-suite bathroom and adjoining private lounge
- Eagle is a luxury two-bedroom unit with en-suite bathrooms
- Tea & coffee Facilities
- En-suite bathrooms and indoor/outdoor showers
- Fireplaces in 5 main suites
- Electronic room safes
- Air-conditioners in 5 main suites & ceiling fans
- Hair dryer with a vanity table in main suites
- Wi-Fi in all the rooms and main lodge
- Mini bar stocked on request
- Kosher catering available at an extra charge
- Traditional South African meals are served in various locations around the lodge, including unforgettable Boma dinners enjoyed beneath the sparkling Milky Way, or indulgent wholesome meals shared on the expansive open lodge deck
- Main lounge area provides a warm and welcoming ambience with its large fireplaces
- Guests are able to reconnect with home and work via the lodge’s free Wi-Fi available in all the suites and main lodge
- Expansive veranda overlooking the valley below of the unspoilt African bush with no light polution
- Swimming pool with deck and poolside loungers
- Large entertainment room for families or can be converted into a meeting or conference room
- A viewing deck just a short walk within the camp overlooking the waterhole
- A small gift shop in the reception area
- The lodge property is fenced and safe for the children and is protected with electric fencing
- Game drives – Open 4×4 safari vehicles are equipped with radios for communication, ponchos for wet weather and individual blankets for early morning and evening chills, as well as spotlights for night viewing
- Our experienced guides are fully accredited and offer interpretive, educational game drives through the reserve
- Group activities and itineraries can be booked in advance
- Activities are arranged for children
- Memorable boma dinners under the Milky Way
- Bush walks – 1 to 2 hour activity conducted outside of scheduled game drive times at an additional charge
- Intimate bush picnics – enjoy lunch in nature, available to couples or small family groups at an additional charge
- Night drives – short drive after dinner to spot nocturnal animals at an additional charge
About Welgevonden Game Reserve
The Dutch word “Welgevonden” can be translated to “well found” or a “serendipitous discovery” which means to occur by chance in a happy or beneficial way. The majestic piece of land transforms at any opportunity, offering breath-taking views of untouched African wilderness and memories that will last a lifetime. The reserve is one of the finest to watch wildlife in, feel the wilderness and experience the true spirit of Africa. Welgevonden Game Reserve offers an exclusive, intimate bushveld experience, with only a limited number of guests having access to Welgevonden at any one time. The mountainous bushveld is worth a visit all year round, thanks to its high altitude, temperate climate. It is important to note that this reserve is not open to day visitors.
Big 5 Game Reserve
Over 50 different animals and 300 bird species
Waterhole/ Hide/ Riverfront Feature
Approximate travel time: 3 Hours 15 Minutes for travelers from Johannesburg, Pretoria and ORT International Airport.
• Proceed to the N1 North, heading towards Pietersburg.
• Approximately 170km from Sandton, at the Kranskop Toll Plaza, take the Modimolle (previously Nylstroom) off ramp and drive straight into Modimolle (11km) and straight on through the town.
• Without turning left/right, you will be on the R33 to Vaalwater/Ellisras.
• Approximately 60km later, you will pass through the town of Vaalwater.
• 2km past the town, you will pass a turnoff to your right, which shows Ellisras/R33. DO NOT turn right here, but go straight on.
• 26km later, you will get to the Welgevonden Reserve Main Gate. Turn left into the main gate. Park in the parking area and look out for the Tintswalo Family Camp Game Vehicle.