- With over 100 steps up to the lodge offering 6 luxury chalets and 4 luxury suites with private plunge pools, Tshukudu offers a romantic bush escape close to Gauteng and an intimate experience in the Pilanesberg National Park mountains, with expansive views of the plains below.
- Each custom designed chalet offers a romantic sunken bath, an open plan lounge and bedroom, a fireplace and private balcony. The Tshukudu Suites also include a private plunge pool on their secluded decks, and outdoor shower and twin vanities.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyNo children under 12 years
- PoolYes - At The Main Area And Private Plunge Pools In The Luxury Suites
- AirconFans Only
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationPilanesberg National Park, North West
2 hour drive to Bakubung Bush Lodge, where you will be transferred to Tshukudu, a 15 minute drive to the lodge.
6 Luxury Chalets
4 Tshukudu Suites with private plunge pools
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
PLEASE NOTE: SPECIAL OFFER RATES ABOVE APPLY TO SA RESIDENTS ONLY, BOOKABLE ON REQUEST & SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
BEST AVAILABLE RATES WILL APPLY DURING SPECIAL TOWN EVENTS, PEAK PERIODS, PUBLIC HOLIDAYS & LONG WEEKENDS.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends, public holidays & Nedbank Golf Challenge.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for Residents are available on request.
- Please note that there are 132 steps up to the lodge.
- You will be required to check-in at Bakubung by 13h30 for registration, before being transferred to Tshukudu Lodge. Please note that there is only one scheduled transfer to Tshukudu per day.
- For the full Tshukudu bush experience there are no radios, televisions or telephones. Cell phone reception is very limited.
- Single rates are available on request. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote.
- TSHUKUDU BUSH LODGE:
- Unfortunately children under the age of 12 years are not permitted at the Lodge.
- Children between the ages of 12 -17 years, sharing with 1 or 2 adults will be charged a third person supplement rate on a Fully Inclusive basis. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote.
About Tshukudu Bush Lodge
ABOUT TSHUKUDU BUSH LODGE
Tshukudu Bush Lodge is situated high on a rocky outcrop. To reach the cottages, guests are required to climb 132 steps which makes the area inaccessible to the physically challenged. Tshukudu is renowned for it’s intimate setting, tranquil and superb personalized service. Children under 12 years are not allowed. The lodge facilities do not include radios, telephone, cell phone signal or televisions.
- Double bed
- Open plan lounge with fireplace
- Sunken bath
- Shower over bath
- Fully stocked mini-bar
- Bird books
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- A safety deposit box
- Balcony overlooking the savannah and waterhole
About Pilanesberg National Park
ABOUT THE PILANESBERG GAME RESERVE
Next door to the famous leisure and entertainment resort of Sun City, is the Pilanesberg National Park.
It may not be very large (550km²) compared to Kruger or some of the other great African parks, but it has a real wilderness feel to it and most of the big animals you could wish to see. It lies amongst the only significant hills in the area which rise skywards out of the flat highveld plain. This massif is a 1,200 million-year-old volcanic relic of four concentric mountain rings.
The Pilanesberg is the highest peak towering 600 metres above Mankwe Lake, which sits in the heart of the ancient volcano. The volcano’s circular bowl was recognised as being the perfect situation for a national park with its tall sides creating natural boundaries. The area was farmed until 1979 until Operation Genesis was launched to rehabilitate the land and stock it with game. This was one of the most imaginative game-stocking enterprises ever undertaken and the Pilanesberg became a great success story. There are currently around 10,000 head of game and it is a very popular game park for locals and overseas visitors alike – many of whom make the short trip from the nearby resort of Sun City.
- Rock plunge pool
- Morning & evening game drives
- Speciality braai
- High Tea & meals are provided on the deck overlooking the plane and waterhole at the foot of the hill
FROM FOURWAYS & SANDTON
- Travel north along William Nicol Drive to the four-way intersection with Witkoppen Road
- Turn left into Witkoppen Road towards Lanseria/Roodepoort
- Turn right at the intersection with Hans Strijdom Extension on the road towards Broederstroom and Lanseria
- Cross over the Muldersdrift/Diepsloot Road and continue with the R512 towards Broederstroom and Lanseria
- Cross the bridge over the R28 Krugersdorp/Pretoria highway, pass the Lanseria turnoff and continue straight ahead
- At the T-junction turn left on the R512 to Magaliesberg
- Continue on this road until you see the Sun City signboard on your left.
- Turn right on the R512 to Brits and cross the bridge over Hartebeespoort Dam
- At the T-junction turn right on the R512 to Brits. Follow directional signs
- Pass the first Brits turnoff. At the signpost R27 Rustenburg/Brits turn right
- On the bridge turn left towards Rustenburg
- Continue until you get to the slipway to the left. Take the slipway and continue on the new N4 highway 6.7km from here there is a Pilanesberg sign
- 0.5km further there is a R566 Sun City/Bopang sign take this offramp to the left. DO NOT travel on to Rustenburg
- At the stop turn right and go over highway
- Travel on this road for about 73kms until you get to Sun City on your right
- Once reaching Sun City, go straight past the Zenex garage on your right, after 4km you will see a sign indicating you to turn right to Bakubung, follow the road and it will lead you to the Bakubung Gate
- At Bakubung Reception, ask for Tshukudu Office
- The transfer to Tshukudu is at 14h00 from Bakubung
FROM CENTURION. PRETORIA
- Take the N1 North towards Polokwane.
- Take the N4 Rustenberg Split (tollroad)
- Follow the road straight, a signboard on the left side of the road indicates Pilanesberg to the left on route 91.
- Exit left off the highway.
- At the T-junction turn right and continue on this road to Sun City.
- Once reaching Sun City, go straight past the Zenex garage on your right, after 4km you will see a sign indicating you to turn right to Bakubung, follow the road and it will lead you to the Bakubung Gate.
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults