- Largest privately owned game reserve – 100,000 hectares / 255,000 acres.
- Exclusivity of the safari experience – each booking receives a complimentary private vehicle, guide & tracker for a minimum of 3 nights stay.
- Guests dictate their own safari plan – complete flexibility of safari and meal times.
- Big FiveNo
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolYes - at the main area only
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationSouthern Kalahari (also referred to as the Green Kalahari), just south of the Botswana border.
Tswalu offers daily scheduled flights from both Johannesburg (OR Tambo) & Cape Town International Airports.
There are two lodges located within this pristine 100,000 hectares / 255,000 acres of rehabilited land:
The Motse – 9 Suites in total, including 3 Family Suites
Tarkuni – Private Villa for exclusive use only, 5 Suites for maximum 10 people
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- All prices quoted are based on a minimum stay of two nights.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Please contact your Bushbreaks consultant for single accommodation rates.
- Children 0 – 11 years sharing with parents in a Standard Motse Suite will be accommodated free of charge – (maximum 2 children).
- A maximum of one child between 12 & 17 years can share with parents in a Standard Motse Suite. Child rates are available on request.
- Additional child in a family suite (max 3 children 0 -17 years sharing in a family suite). Child rates are available on request.
- Game Drives in open-sided, canopied safari vehicles
- Horse Riding Safaris accompanied by Equestrian Guide
- Bush walks tailor made to guests needs led by experienced guides
- Sundowners on lantern-lit dunes, Boma dining under the umbrella thorn acacias
- Stargazing under the Diamond Skies
- Archaeological sites visits in the Korannaberg mountains viewing San Rock Art
- Close up observation of Meerkat habituated group
- Hot Air Ballooning (booking required 48 hours prior)
- A Multitude of treatments & therapies
- Nearby Activities (prices quoted on request):
- Golf at Sishen Gold Club
- Moffat Mission & The Kuruman eye
- Recommended route from Johannesburg – distance approximately 650 Km
- Estimated driving time is 7 hours
- Take M1 south, take Bloemfontein split and follow N12 and the signs to Kimberley
- Stay on the N12, proceed through Potchefstroom, Klerksdorp, and Wolmaransstad
- At Wolmaransstad take R504 to Schweizer-Reneke, then R34 to Vryburg
- From Vryburg, continue on the N14 to Kuruman
- In Kuruman turn right at the first traffic light and follow the signs to Hotazel / Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park (R31)
- Kuruman is the last fuel stop before you reach Tswalu
- In Kuruman please contact the lodge to establish an estimate time of arrival (please call as we need to send someone to open the gate). Mobile phone coverage is available all the way from Kuruman to the Tswalu gate
- Approximately 56km from Kuruman you will pass a sign on the left to Kathu & Deben (R380). A short distance past this signage you will cross over a railway bridge. After the bridge you will pass a sign on the right to Hotazel
- Approximately 72km from Kuruman (before Blackrock) turn left onto the tar road R31 following signs to Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park and Van Zylsrus
- After about 42km you will see a turn to your left (indicated as Sonstraal on maps and GPS) – it is sign-posted Tswalu Kalahari Reserve on the D3335 route
- After turning, the tar road ends and you continue on a gravel road
- There is good mobile phone reception in this area; please call the lodge to advise where you are
- After 10km on the gravel road, you will see an airstrip on your left and just beyond, the Tswalu staff housing complex on your right
- A kilometer further you will see Tswalu signage “Tswalu Admin and Health Care Centre”
- You will be met at this gate by your guide who will escort you further
- Johannesburg: every day of the week
- Cape Town: 11h00
- Cape Town flights depart from Tswalu @ 13h30
- Johannesburg flights depart from Tswalu @ 15h00
- Luggage allowance 12 kg’s in soft sided bag
- Minimum 2 passengers