- Safari Lodge is located beneath a canopy of ancient trees on the edge of a dry riverbed. Guests will love the sense of adventure as they cross rope bridges between tree house style rooms, with local wildlife passing by.
- When not occupied on a walking safari or twice daily game drive, take a dip in the swimming pools or indulge in a spa treatment. For the more active, there are tennis courts and gyms available. Try a few South African wines from the wine cellar and after dinner enjoy a spot of stargazing at the bush observatory.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyChildren 6 years and older are welcome. Children under 6 years may be permitted on a request basis only.
- PoolA pool at each Main Lodge and some suites have plunge pools. All pools are solar heated in our Winter months.
- SPAFull Spa
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes (Low risk area)
LocationSabi Sand Game Reserve
6 hour drive from Johannesburg. Daily scheduled flights from JNB with Federal Air to our own private airstrip.
Road Transfers (2 1/2 hours drive) or private charter hops (20min) from KMIA to Ulusaba.
The eleven rooms include a Treehouse Suite overlooking the nearby Xikwenga Dam and are split into Safari, Elephant and River Rooms, some of which have private plunge pools. The Treehouse Suite is located a 15 minute walk along a raised walkway from the main lodge
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
Rates listed above are based on an Elephant or River Room. Rates for all other room types are available on request.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Rates offered above are valid for SA Residents only. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- A Sabi Sand Gate entrance fee of R 310 per vehicle and R 140 per person is applicable and is payable directly at the Gate. Valid until further notice and subject to change.
- A Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R 138 per person per night applies and will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
- Please request rates for single accommodation from your BushBreaks consultant.
- Children 6 years and older are welcome.
- Children under 6 years may be permitted on a request basis only.
- Please request rates from your BushBreaks consultant, dependent on room type availability.
- Children 6 years and older are permitted at Safari Lodge and can join our game drives.
- Children aged 16 years and older are permitted on safari walks.
About Ulusaba Safari Lodge
Owned by Sir Richard Branson Ulusaba Private Game Reserve is set in the heart of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve that borders the sprawling Kruger National Park in South Africa’s Mpumalanga province. Ulusaba Private Game Reserve awaits as your ultimate destination for a Big Five safari in South Africa.
Because Ulusaba is privately owned, you’ll be able to enjoy over 10 000 acres of unspoilt, game-rich bush in near solitude. Experienced trackers and game rangers will accompany you on game drives in open land rovers, tracking the Big Five and sharing with you their vast knowledge of the surrounding wildlife.
Ulusaba Safari Lodge is built along the banks of the dry Mabrak riverbed. The rooms are built ‘tree house’ style and you really get the feeling of being at the heart of life in the bush. Your room will provide fascinating views of the animals as they stroll past on their way to the nearby watering hole.
Choosing Ulusaba Safari lodge as your base during your safari in South Africa allows you access to the host of facilities and activities on offer at Ulusaba Private Game Reserve. Whether you prefer a walking safari in the wilderness, attending discussions on birds and animals you will see during your safari in South Africa or playing board games whilst sipping fine South African wines – at Safari Lodge you can have it all.
Ulusaba Safari Lodge is a luxurious and extremely romantic accommodation option for those looking to enjoy a safari in South Africa at one of the most acclaimed safari options – staying at Ulusaba Private Game Reserve.
SPA & WELLNESS CENTRE
After an exhilarating day’s game viewing whilst on safari in South Africa what could be better than being pampered at Ulsaba Private Game Reserve’s Aroma Boma beauty treatment centre. Let the qualified beautician and therapists pamper you with the Virgin Touch. Treatments may be done in your room or on your private balcony.
As if some of the finest game viewing, cuisine and views in Africa weren’t already enough, not to mention luxurious rooms and staff that make you feel at home, Ulusaba Private Game Reserve also has a boutique spa The Aroma Boma Spa, using Africology products, offers a fabulous range of treatments to help you relax and unwind after the excitement of game drive.
There is also a gymnasium which is available for guests to use 24 hours a day. Combine leisure and glamour with adventure on your safari in South Africa – Experience luxury treatment at Ulusaba Private Game Reserve.
About Sabi Sand Game Reserve
This reserve shares 50km of unfenced boundary with Kruger National Park and animals are at liberty to go wherever they wish – but they tend to stay right where they are! This is because the Sand River and Sabi River supply much needed water in the dry season and create an eco-system with one of the highest and most bio-diverse wildlife populations in Southern Africa. This is the reason why it is quite possible to see the ‘Big Five’ (lion, leopard, rhinoceros, buffalo and elephant) as well as numerous other animals and birds in a couple of days, or even a couple of hours in Sabi Sand.
- Please note that the drive will take approximately 6 hours (±500km)
- Take the N4/N12 to Nelspruit. Follow the R40 from Nelspruit through White River to Hazyview. Hazyview is about 60km from Nelspruit. As you approach Hazyview there is a T-Junction. Turn left at this junction. This road will take you into Hazyview Town. Carry on straight through the first set of traffic lights. At the intersection with the second set of traffic lights, there will be a signpost that reads Paul Kruger Gate. At this signpost, turn Right. This road is the R536.
- After approximately 32kms there are signposts for Ulusaba through Newington Gate on the left hand side of the road. There will also be signs indicating “Huntington, Lilydale & Justicia”. Turn left and follow the gravel road for 9km until you find the next Ulusaba sign. Turn right and follow the road for another 3km to Newington Gate which is where you will enter the Sabi Sand Reserve.
- From Newington Gate follow all signposts for 17kms to Ulusaba.
RECOMMENDED ROUTE FROM KRUGER NATIONAL PARK (KRUGER GATE)
- Follow the R536 until you find signposts for Ulusaba through Shaw’s Gate on the right hand side of the road which is where you will enter the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. You will pay a R110-00 vehicle fee and R20-00 per person entrance fee (subject to change).
- Once through Shaw’s Gate turn left and follow the gravel road along the fence for 14km towards Newington Gate. From Newington Gate follow all signposts for 17kms to Ulusaba.